Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No Addons??? WTH

Indigo_Shade
Indigo_Shade
✭✭✭
I've been away from the game for a few days due to an illness. Came back into the game today, and when I log in, and click Addons at the character screen, non show up. When I log in with my main, and go to Addons, or Settings > Addons, non show up either. I checked my Addons folder, and it looks fine. I use Minion, and it acted like I was using it for the first time. That was the only thing that looked iffy.

Anyone else have a similar problem recently? Just wanted to check before I troubleshoot.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the folder actually named correctly? I had something really weird happen where my physical directory was "Addon" instead of "Addons"
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    My Addons went missing since this morning as well. What has happened? After the maintenance, everything seemed fine. Only Windows 10 did an update. Also, I had to agree and set country etc., again. The "AddOns" folder in Users/Documents is suddenly empty. I did not delete or change anything. Minion says nothing was installed, too.

Damn, I really tweaked stuff to my personal prefs and all that. Daaaaamn
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not recall a patch yesterday.

I have had my settings file get messed up before, not today. I suggest checking what Drummer pointed out first and make sure you are not on the PTS.
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    I checked all that, mate =)

it might have sth to do with users, who have moved theirs user/documents away from the default C:\
    known issue of windows 1809 update :-(

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/440264/addon-folder-suddenly-empty-careful-with-windows-10-update-1809-known-issue#latest

How to recover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW14InNzlP8
    Edited by Aldul on October 11, 2018 8:27AM
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting that information. Backing up my files right now just to be safe.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What DO i need to backup?
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    What DO i need to backup?

all the folders that you have data stored in, and not just the user documents! Also anything is is not on the default Win10 paths...

I'm used to this every 6 months now, they really hate it if the userdocs is not where they expect it, and are even worse about it when many of it's sub-folders are simlinked to a much faster SSD & my program files isnt where they expect it and again some sub-folders are symlinked to a much faster SSD, so I have to at least recreate all the symlinks if not reinstall those folders most major updates
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    OP here. Well I figured out what the problem was. IE: There was no problem, it was user error. LOL. It had nothing to do with Windows, or weird folder names, or anything like that.

Anyways, for those actually HAVING problems, my sympathies. It's disconcerting to log in and notice your HUD is back to the original bare bones.

• spekdah
    spekdah
    ✭✭✭
    I found that the patch reset the "allow outdated addons" setting. Turning that back on got all my addons back again.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    spekdah wrote: »
    I found that the patch reset the "allow outdated addons" setting. Turning that back on got all my addons back again.

Ehrm, THIS happens after each mayor patch ;)