The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is with all the drastic changes? [Speed]

eso_lags
eso_lags
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So if what i just read is correct you have nerfed speed pots into the dirt and made them completely useless. Why? Why would you change something from 40 seconds to 12 seconds? Look what swift has done.. A blanket nerf to all speed in the game, ruining forward momentum instead of buffing shuffle, and a drastic nerf to speed pots. I just dont get it. Why not adjust things over time. Why do you guys make such drastic changes so fast.

Looks like playing 2h and sword/board is going to be pretty tough now. "run rapids" lol... You guys just keep nerfing and nerfing and nerfing. You keep making it harder to be creative and i just dont understand. You could change the time to 30 seconds, or 25 seconds.. But 12?! From 40? Makes no sense to nerf soo much just for one thing... all for the sake of fixing the swift issue, instead of just changing swift. It was not needed. Speed has been fine in the game up until swift. And now you're going to make speed potions pretty much useless.. Theres my feedback.. I dont think its a good change at all. I think its too much of a nerf..
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs clearly thought speed builds were a fine idea that would be fun for everyone when they added swift to the game. They were correct. This was ruined by everyone that relentlessly complained about their enemies escaping in Cyrodiil instead of sitting down to be easy prey. Now look where we are, every possible source of speed is being destroyed.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs clearly thought speed builds were a fine idea that would be fun for everyone when they added swift to the game. They were correct. This was ruined by everyone that relentlessly complained about their enemies escaping in Cyrodiil instead of sitting down to be easy prey. Now look where we are, every possible source of speed is being destroyed.

They were correct that it was fun, not that it was a fine idea. Swift stacked on top of Major/Minor Expedition and was well worth the small loss of stats. It's not about enemies escaping easily, annoying as that is, but about being able to abuse the targeting system to force misses. Swift was never a good idea imo and the moment I saw it on PTS thought to myself that I would be forced to run it to be competitive.

Put the blame where it's due: the poor balancing and implementation of Swift. People will always use the tools ZOS gives them.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Swift only made Ring round the Rosie fights even more annoying.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Exactly.. And this is what i was saying in my other thread, it hurts solo players the most which is sad since stuff like this is killing small scale pvp..

And even if you are large scale its ruining things too. Im guessing that the majority of players who were upset about swift were large scale zerg players. Even in another thread i was arguing with a zerg player who was mad about speed in the game. They didnt understand that it was only swift that was causing the real problems..

But this is the cycle that we are getting into now. Zos makes so many nerfs. So many of those nerfs hurt solo/small scale pvp the most. So what do solo/small scale players do? Well some of them get in bigger groups, but a lot of them go out and fine the most OP, disgusting, builds they can so that we can actually still solo/small scale in 2018...

Do you see the problem? That build happened to be the swift build this time around. Pretty much (mostly) nightblades running around being unkillable and still killing people. But this has happened because zos keeps nerfing things and destroying small scale.

Now next update theyre nerfing swift, forward momentum, and absolutely (positively) destroying speed in the elder scrolls online. And who gets hit the hardest? Us small scale players.. And now whats going to happen? Small scale/solo, experienced, players are going go out and find some nasty build to use in murkmire so we can still play how we want.

And then zos will nerf stuff again to stop whatever build has become OP and allowed people to still solo pvp... And even the OP builds are still no match against the lag and massive zergs, but they're still better then going in on a less overpowered build. But does anyone see the issue with all this?

The cycle will keep repeating. It started with one tamriel, i think, with the nerf to cost reduction and with all the proc sets. Now players are forced to run broken builds to solo/ small group. Instead of zos trying to slowly adjust things they always nerf things and cause this cycle to continue. Instead of trying to find balance. This is the problem with this game. Look at this speed nerf, in one swing zos has destroyed all forms of speed in the game. Worst of all is the speed pots imo.

But even more this DESTROYS creativity in this game. Ruins it. It makes it so if you want to solo pvp in eso, and not lost most of your fights to broken sets, you have to run some gross build that shouldnt even be in the game. Sure you can run a normal build and still solo, but if you get on the broken build you will win more fights. And its not limited to builds, this cycle also makes certain classes garbage for solo/small group while others are at the top. And this will change from meta to meta as they nerf things and put in more broken sets.

Zos, stop nerfing everything.. Stop putting broken sets into the game. Stop speed nerfing things, like with this potion nerf or forward momentum. How about you guys try slowly adjusting things. 1-2 seconds off forward momentum, 10 seconds off the speed pots, etc... It is beyond me how anyone thinks its okay to take something like speed pots, with 40 seconds on live, and make them down to 10 seconds and still expect people to use them.. Really??