The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why the Elusion/Shuffle cost reduction is uncalled for

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
The matter of this Skill pre-Murkmire was that: the snare immunity was too short for the cost of the skill. NOT the MAJOR EVASION BUFF

Now what will have is a skill which negates the damage from aoes (and thus switches off templar alone as a class), which is easy to maintain and now even cheaper.

What I'm saying is: the cost wasn't the iusse. The Time on Snare-Removal was. Now people will just have a 100% up 25%AoE DMG mitigation leaving them tankier then heavy in most occasions
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More survivability for medium so more people drop heavy and people are complaining?
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    More survivability for medium so more people drop heavy and people are complaining?

The heavy armor users are mainly complaining as their mobility got nerfed but they dont wanna give up their crutch heavy OP sets.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars had it too easy against medium armor as their entire kit ignores medium's primary defense, dodge. High time, medium armor users got an way to fight back.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy as magicka is a suicide
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue is the value of Minor/Major Evasion. This has been pointed out on the very first week of pts.

Shuffle was too expensive for so long after the nerfs, but you‘re right with what it does now it‘s too cheap again. It‘s just a joke.

Like when they nerfed Evasion during HA meta, afterwards made the „5 pieces for skill“ armor changes but didn‘t revert the prior nerfs which didn‘t directly address the issue.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the cost reduction has been made in regard to Blade Cloak.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf it too OP OMG !!!!
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    The matter of this Skill pre-Murkmire was that: the snare immunity was too short for the cost of the skill. NOT the MAJOR EVASION BUFF

Now what will have is a skill which negates the damage from aoes (and thus switches off templar alone as a class), which is easy to maintain and now even cheaper.

What I'm saying is: the cost wasn't the iusse. The Time on Snare-Removal was. Now people will just have a 100% up 25%AoE DMG mitigation leaving them tankier then heavy in most occasions

While I agree with you regarding the cost vrs the immunity.

I can't agree with your assessment on the impact of the change. Lets face it, every stam build that uses this ability already has 100% up time. Or at least all my builds do. Heck my build even achieve 100% uptime on the immunity at 3,5 seconds, it's just that it is annoying as all get out to refresh a 25 second skill that often.

The cost really isn't going to change anything as this is not what the issue was/is. Yet another example of ZoS not understanding what players want.

Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the current stamina cost of about 3305, Shuffle can actually be brought pretty close to Forward Momentum in terms of cost effectiveness. Currently it sits at about 3x the cost of Forward Momentum, per second of immunity, however raising the duration to 4 seconds reduces this to 1.85x, 5 seconds to 1.48x, and 6 seconds to 1.23x.

I'd like to see the duration of the snare immunity raised to 5 or 6 seconds, and the duration of Major Evasion reduced a tad to make up for the extra seconds of immunity. Reduce the duration of the base skill (ie Major Evasion) to 16-18 seconds or something, have Shuffle & Elude function as they do on live currently, but increase the duration of snare immunity and Major Evasion respectively for each piece of medium armour, say, to 0.7-1 second per piece.

Doing it this way will force medium armour players to choose between snare immunity or longer AOE reduction, instead of having both. Shuffle will be a decent option for snare removal and immunity, now, as it should be in my opinion (the actual best snare removal and immunity tool in the game should not be behind a weapon skill line available to any player). Elude will be an option for those who wish to have better Major Evasion uptime.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the change to evasion, thus I don't like how it has changed shuffle. More people using evasion to mitigate AOE damage simply means the meta will change to focus more on single target damage and DOTs ... this will make shuffle practically worthless.

What they should have done with major evasion was to give a % reduction to snare strength and snare duration AND add a few seconds of knock-back immunity.
    Edited by Maryal on October 9, 2018 12:23PM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Templars had it too easy against medium armor as their entire kit ignores medium's primary defense, dodge. High time, medium armor users got an way to fight back.

Soul assault still does a lot of damage against medium armor
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It must be nice to complain about having to choose between medium and heavy because they are both viable for stam players now...what do magicka characters have besides the ones who could wear light being forced to run heavy?
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

It must be nice to complain about having to choose between medium and heavy because they are both viable for stam players now...what do magicka characters have besides the ones who could wear light being forced to run heavy?

It's the contrary. Heavy is forced to run light to be competitive
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The exact same choices as everyone else.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, ZoS misinterprets feedback and makes the wrong changes. With the expedition & swift nerfs, medium armor is looking worse every pts patch. Why is the armor weight designated for mobility and damage avoidance having it's mobility reduced and it's mitigation increased? It makes no sense whatsoever.

They need to increase the immunity on shuffle to 5s, bare minimum. It NEEDS to be longer than the 4s available to heavy builds with forward momentum, or there will be little to no reason for the vast majority of stam builds to choose medium over heavy.
    Edited by React on October 9, 2018 2:22PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What a bunch of hyperbolic garbage. I guess anyone who runs blade cloak on live "negates the damage from AoEs"? Christ, get a clue; have you ever run medium armor vs a Templar? Blade cloak so OP everyone runs it in PvP right?

The cost is totally the issue to make this skill useful in PvE to give bow and 2h needed survivability in certain trials. In PvP if you're using it for snare immunity then you are always going to be recasting it before Major Evasion buff has expired, unless you're suggesting to give snare immunity for 30s? Because that's the only scenario in which someone wouldn't have 100% uptime on major evasion. Think before you post.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

What a bunch of hyperbolic garbage. I guess anyone who runs blade cloak on live "negates the damage from AoEs"? Christ, get a clue; have you ever run medium armor vs a Templar? Blade cloak so OP everyone runs it in PvP right?

The cost is totally the issue to make this skill useful in PvE to give bow and 2h needed survivability in certain trials. In PvP if you're using it for snare immunity then you are always going to be recasting it before Major Evasion buff has expired, unless you're suggesting to give snare immunity for 30s? Because that's the only scenario in which someone wouldn't have 100% uptime on major evasion. Think before you post.

Blade cloak+ shuffle= two skills
    Blade cloak=Skill only usable on a determined weapon skill line
    After patch
    Shuffle=blade cloak buff
    Shuffle can be used everywhere and it's 1 skill.

Do the math
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After patch
    Shuffle=blade cloak buff

Do the math

Blade cloak + FM = two skills
    After patch
    Shuffle=skill only usable on a determined armor skill line that is inferior to heavy.

Do the math

Extra credit:
    HA + Blur + FM + cloak = ???
    Edited by Kanar on October 9, 2018 4:38PM
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After patch
    Shuffle=blade cloak buff

Do the math

After patch
    Shuffle=skill only usable on a determined armor skill line that is inferior to heavy.

Do the math

Extra credit:

I'm talking about medium armor here. Not heavy.
    I'm talking about shuffle here. Not Forward momentum.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the first time in forever medium armor has one thing that is better then heavy armor.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After patch
    Shuffle=blade cloak buff

Do the math

After patch

Do the math

Extra credit:

You're entire thread is based on the false premise that the shuffle cost redux will cause medium armor users to have 100% maj evasion uptime, and they wouldn't have had that before.

You're not really talking about anything, just making claims based on false premises.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are we really arguing that AoE mitigation on Shuffle is somehow OP, despite the fact that it's been in the game already in the form of Blade Cloak, which also can proc weapon glyphs, proc Axe Bleeds and is a DoT on its own while being accessible in Heavy Armor that has several of the best Weapon Damage buff sets in the game, has better sustain than Medium Armor and provides higher base protection than Medium Armor?

If Shuffle had its cost reduced by 50%, maybe there'd be an argument that Shuffle was now going to OP but a 15% cost reduction really doesn't change how often you'll be using Shuffle for the Snare removal effect. It just brings Shuffle slightly closer in line to FT as a snare removal tool with a few extra perks.
    Argonian forever
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After patch
    Shuffle=blade cloak buff

Do the math

After patch

Do the math

Extra credit:

You're entire thread is based on the false premise that the shuffle cost redux will cause medium armor users to have 100% maj evasion uptime, and they wouldn't have had that before.

You're not really talking about anything, just making claims based on false premises.

1 skill that does 2 things. Yes. Shuffle will be again so much more useful it's not needed a cost reduction
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much this.

After patch
    Shuffle=blade cloak buff

Do the math

After patch

Do the math

Extra credit:

1 skill that does 2 things. Yes. Shuffle will be again so much more useful it's not needed a cost reduction

And we respect you opinion, but disagree

and besides, in 7 pieces medium armor on live the rough comparisons are below. Seems Shuffle should have a cost reduction, using your logic.

So shuffle does 2 things and on live costs 3,700

Quick cloak does 3 things and costs 2,700
    Edited by idk on October 9, 2018 6:05PM
  • anatole1234
    anatole1234
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, asking for the nerfs. it actually need more of a cost reduction to put it on par with heavy armor
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, asking for the nerfs. it actually need more of a cost reduction to put it on par with heavy armor

You shoudn't be as tanky as heavy armor.
    And if you start saying that heavy armor deals more damage then medium armor, the door is right there
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Pretty much this.

After patch
    Shuffle=blade cloak buff

Do the math

After patch

Do the math

Extra credit:

And we respect you opinion, but disagree

and besides, in 7 pieces medium armor on live the rough comparisons are below. Seems Shuffle should have a cost reduction, using your logic.

So shuffle does 2 things and on live costs 3,700

Quick cloak does 3 things and costs 2,700

Quick cloak in live doesn't give you dodge chance or shuffles the snares.

Quick cloak on murkmire won't still shuffle snares, is stuck to the bar where you dual wield.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

After patch
    Shuffle=blade cloak buff

Do the math

After patch

Do the math

Extra credit:

I seriously don't understand the argument here.

LIVE: Heavy Armor
    • +Quick Cloak (25% aoe dmg reduction + aoe dmg + major expedition) = 100% uptime
    • +FM (8 sec snare removal + HOT + Major Brutality) = 100% uptime
    • Swift Jewelry (More mitigation, sustain and healing then medium armor, similar speed)

Medium Armor
    • -No point to use Shuffle unless you wanted 15% dodge chance + snare removal, because of FM, shuffle was wildly unused.
    • +Elude (30 seconds of major evasion 15% dodge chance) 100% uptime
    • +Quick Cloak (25% aoe dmg reduction + aoe dmg + major expedition) = 100% uptime
    • +FM (8 sec snare removal + HOT + Major Brutality) = 100% uptime
    • Swift Jewelry (Less mitigation,, sustain and healing then heavy armor, similar speed)

So we lost dodge chance, but gained the same buff that was already available. HA will still use it if they want to, therefore if your scared of every medium armor having 25% aoe dmg reduction, surprise, it was already possible on live and heavy armor is able to do it too.

If anything, it should ONLY be available to medium armor because they need it, but that would be a huge nerf to blade cloak. Medium armor has more accessibility to major evasion, but they now have no dodge chance and dodge roll has been changed as well to be less forgiving.

Only plus side is saving bar space.

PTS: Heavy Armor
    • +FM (4 sec snare removal + HOT + Major Brutality)
    • Swift Jewelry has been nerfed but that affects everyone. Medium armor may be quicker now with sprint speed.

Medium Armor: Option 1
    • -Elude/Shuffle now offers nothing if you use Quick cloak + FM (Which HA can use)
    • Swift, etc.

Option 2 (My favourite as a stam sorc, what I plan on using)
    • -Remove Quick Cloak (redundant with elude unless you want the aoe dmg + major expedition)
    • +Elude (25% aoe dmg reduction for 30 seconds) = Lines up with crit surge/FM duration.
    • Swift, etc.

Option 3
    • - Remove quick cloak (redundant with shuffle unless you want the aoe dmg + major expedition)
    • +Shuffle (25% aoe dmg reduction + 2.5-3.5 sec snare removal)
    • +Rally (Burst Heal + HOT + Major Brutality)
    • Swift, etc.

So personally, I don't think I will be using shuffle, FM still works for me. If I use shuffle, I'll then use rally.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 9, 2018 7:46PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its fine. I personally didn't think it needed a change, and would have addressed immunity as a whole. But its a small QoL change and it won't hurt anyone.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

The exact same choices as everyone else.

So, you're telling me that magicka has two viable options after murkmire? Do you have any room to spare under that rock you're living in?
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.