The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Why Do Stam People Spam Poison Injection?

WuffyCerulei
WuffyCerulei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I'm asking this seriously. I constantly get poison inject spammed, at full health with shield. So the extra execute damage is nothing. So why do yall do it? Just for the dot, the execute damage, enchant activation, or something else?

(And no I don't mean all stam.)
For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The instant damage paired with a bow light or heavy attack does considerable damage. And it could be their only ranged ability so some plebs will spam it.
    Edited by Skinzz on September 30, 2018 11:20AM
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the times it's zerglings who spam this out of habit because it gives easy kills when you are chasing someone with 10 others and you can keep the pressure on that person with minimal stam cost and effort and it procs *** sets like sheer venom that most of these people are running xD

Haven't seen any half decent player spamming this unless you are at execute range.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Used to be my stamsorcs only ranged attack, and execute. Also triggers surge heals to keep the healing up.
    When it's not yet the right time to close to melee vs a zerg, it's kind of the only option.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Outside legit application - using it as your only ranged attack against enemy you cant go on yet (they are far, high and/or protected by zerg) at this point of game everyone feels at least slightly stupid just spamming light attacks. This is the new evolution
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Used to be my stamsorcs only ranged attack, and execute. Also triggers surge heals to keep the healing up.
    When it's not yet the right time to close to melee vs a zerg, it's kind of the only option.
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Outside legit application - using it as your only ranged attack against enemy you cant go on yet (they are far, high and/or protected by zerg) at this point of game everyone feels at least slightly stupid just spamming light attacks. This is the new evolution

These two are probably the main reason.

But you might also experience it, since it is an opener. LA + Inject is the default opener for most stam bow builds. Just like a LA + Entropy is for so many Magicka Builds.

This kind of ties into above. You launch your opener, but find you cant engage, due to enemy position or something. What do you do? You reset and do the opener again. This could happen several times in a row, leading you to feel like the enemy is spamming it, while in fact he is trying to set up burst window, but are failing and therefore needs to reset.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a 10s dot, why not apply it? When fighting a zerg you can, from range, apply a dot to everyone you target.

When you're targeting an individual the first attack should be PI, because it would be stupid to interrupt your burst to apply it.

Masters weapon gives 301 WD when PI is running, why not keep that applied? It's also cheap, easy pressure.
    Haven't seen any half decent player spamming this unless you are at execute range.

"half decent player" does not apply PI in execute range. They apply it before and then bring you down to execute with their burst.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply put-

Bow does not have a good spammable that doesn't have a cast time or slow you down and is long range while closing the gap, currently.

Which is why I think they are addressing this in murkmire.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    The instant damage paired with a bow light or heavy attack does considerable damage. And it could be their only ranged ability so some plebs will spam it.

When someone runs away from you constantly it's not inferior to use your only ranged attack. Either slot this or a gap closer in pvp. Actually calling someone a pleb in a serious tone is only done by 2000 year old greek zombies or tier 1 neckbeards. So I assume you're joking.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I try to pop everyone I can with it as I'm running towards them. Just a nice bit of set up before I go melee. Try to get a PoL on a target as well.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoTs man. It's just part of the rotation. As Xeniph said, they are expecting some other attack to take you down and have the execute tick kick in.

SOME may be wearing shear venom (or another execute buff set) and not know how it works with Poison Injection.

Others just don't have another viable ranged spammable, acid spray is too expensive.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its the only bow ability thats worth slotting for a non-snipe bow build(yes, thats a thing).

I don't always run bow, but when I do(lol, somebody make a meme), I weave poison injection on people because thats the first move before going in for a burst combo.

Then again, I only recently picked bow again to test the new world in ruin, decided its still trash and shelved it.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 1, 2018 3:40AM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all for saying! Always interesting to get other people's insights.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took like 5 posts to get to the right answer

Master bow proc
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WuffyCerulei

Just wait until you can enjoy the new Scatter Shot with Black Rose Prison Bow.
    Blackrose Bow:

This one was interesting for me at first (combined with the range increase on scatter shot), but its functionality is again quite counterintuitive. Since the bleed dot is scaling with the damage it does, it does exactly the counterpart of what bleeds were designed to do: hit hard against high resistance enemies. This way, it does exactly the opposite: It kills enemies with low resistances fast from full range (since the damage of the initial hit is high against these), but doesn't do a lot against tanky enemies. It also increases the eficiency of the low risk high reward sniper playstye in pvp even more, since they can now snipe + scattershot you from full range and make sure their snipe hits you unguarded and have it apply a bleed dot on top of the poisoning. I see this being used, but not really in healthy way.

Quoting @Masel92 here.
    Edited by Feanor on October 1, 2018 9:55AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @WuffyCerulei

Blackrose Bow:

This one was interesting for me at first (combined with the range increase on scatter shot), but its functionality is again quite counterintuitive. Since the bleed dot is scaling with the damage it does, it does exactly the counterpart of what bleeds were designed to do: hit hard against high resistance enemies. This way, it does exactly the opposite: It kills enemies with low resistances fast from full range (since the damage of the initial hit is high against these), but doesn't do a lot against tanky enemies. It also increases the eficiency of the low risk high reward sniper playstye in pvp even more, since they can now snipe + scattershot you from full range and make sure their snipe hits you unguarded and have it apply a bleed dot on top of the poisoning. I see this being used, but not really in healthy way.

Quoting @Masel92 here.

While I do agree that it doesn't work the way its supposed to with the bleed. I don't see Snipe+Draining Shot being all that effective, one Snipe does not kill semi competent players much less competent players. Most players dying from Snipe currently are dying from a glitch where 3+ Snipes are being landed seemingly at once. This kind of setup though would really only be unhealthy in that it would further promote ganking inexperienced players, while being useless against experienced ones.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @WuffyCerulei

Blackrose Bow:

Quoting @Masel92 here.

While I do agree that it doesn't work the way its supposed to with the bleed. I don't see Snipe+Draining Shot being all that effective, one Snipe does not kill semi competent players much less competent players. Most players dying from Snipe currently are dying from a glitch where 3+ Snipes are being landed seemingly at once. This kind of setup though would really only be unhealthy in that it would further promote ganking inexperienced players, while being useless against experienced ones.

But if the glitch is not fixed...then what?
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm asking this seriously. I constantly get poison inject spammed, at full health with shield. So the extra execute damage is nothing. So why do yall do it? Just for the dot, the execute damage, enchant activation, or something else?

It's sort of a pseudo lingering execute... Kind of like wrath or fury. It's not unusual to get 5k ticks from it when your opponents health gets low enough.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my Bow/Bow build, I weave poison injection with Crushing Weapon. It is a cheap skill that does decent upfront damage. It is instant cast so it is more reliable than snipe, and if I get you to execute while the dot is already up, it is doing more damage.

I have been able to kill players with a Poison Injection, Crushing Weapon Light attack combo. And with Crushing Weapon and bow, light attack spam is where all of the damage is at. And PI weaves with it the best. Add in Merciless Resolve on top of the Psijic Passive that shoots that physical damage orb. You can land a ton of damage all at once all while keeping a player pressured with PI up nonstop.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This move causes more health desync issues than any other move I’ve seen. Both giving and receiving. That why I spam it lol.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WuffyCerulei

Blackrose Bow:

Quoting @Masel92 here.

But if the glitch is not fixed...then what?

The glitch has nothing to do with Draining Shot though. The glitch pops up with pure Snip spam.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, when firing bow attacks in PvP, the amount of times Miss/Dodged pops up are so numerous that after a while it can become second nature to spam the attack multiple times just to get it to land once.

Also also, many times I'm trying to hit you, your friend, that guy in front of you when you're running from me, but the damn reticle just seems to switch focus on whoever the hell it wants at random if you're too visually close to one another from my perspective. Even when you're far apart. If you're lined up visually, I can only hit 1 out of the 4 of you without tab targeting; which I don't do on a controller since I have a bunch of modified bindings.

tl;dr - I'm a scrub in PvP and it's pretty much a L2P situation ;P
  • xselfish
    xselfish
    Thogard wrote: »
    It took like 5 posts to get to the right answer

Master bow proc

lol I was scrolling down waiting for this answer.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Poison injection + sheer venom set
    Edited by Knootewoot on October 8, 2018 11:08AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When i do it, its because i use a master bow with wep dmg enchant. So LA = more wep dmg, poison injection = Even more wep dmg AND a dot. There is no reason not do it lol
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To proc your back bar poison
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -