The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[POLL] As a PTS player, do you feel like your feedback is valued?

Zathras
Zathras
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm hearing frustration from participants of the PTS server, concerning time invested and feedback given after testing.

I realize this is perception, and doesn't reflect the sentiments of everyone. Hence, the poll.

There are volumes of feedback given by people, but it seems that the update notes very rarely change. It seems more like an exercise in bug squishing, rather than true efforts to listen, and shift proposed changes based on the voice of this community after testing.

Edited by Zathras on October 8, 2018 10:14PM
For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams

[POLL] As a PTS player, do you feel like your feedback is valued? 139 votes

I feel the feedback I give after testing makes a strong difference in the final outcome of an update.
2%
ElsonsoAhPook_Is_HereKanarmaboleth 4 votes
I feel the feedback I give after testing is mildly considered, but can still affect an update.
10%
SodanTokglaviusFearlessOne_2014WaffennachtMannix1958susmitdsNamarkasLadislaophileunderx2AurieWildRaptorXMudcrabberIntextiokatorgaNirnChaos 15 votes
I feel like the feedback I give is used to weed out bugs, but outside of that has no real value.
30%
laurajfXeniphKovaGigasaxAshtarisHidesFromSunTonturriVahrokhDymenceBalticBluesZathrasSynapsis123code65536SomewherecpuScientistRon_Burgundy_79Olupajmibananefkan64Zer0ooFeanor 42 votes
I feel like there is zero value to my participation and feedback on the PTS.
56%
SirAndyOmniaCavalryPKMoloch1514BennyButtonMojmirarasysb14_ESOcalitrumanb14_ESODarcyMardinKhajiitHasSkoomaRikumaruCronopolyrollingphoneseb17_ESOrosendoichinoveb17_ESOMalthornecamelliabooksmcreadTonno_SenSeiCouslyYigrok 78 votes
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the feedback I give is used to weed out bugs, but outside of that has no real value.
    I think ZOS tend to do too much at once then feel committed to the changes and stubbornly refuse to dial them back (for the most part).

I'm also pretty sure they don't PvP at a high MMR so don't really know what's actually going on (beyond what server statistics show them).
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the time combat changes have reached the PTS, they have already made up their mind about what they are planning to do. Rarely have I seen them completely revert a change, the 1 second cast time on shields being an exception and even then that was replaced by another nerf. Usually about the best we can expect is tweaking a bit here and there based on the forum rage :)
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zenimax is incredibly stubborn when it comes to balance. The fact that sorc's required a 30 page long forum thread for Zenimax to even consider revisiting the shield change is testament to that. You look at the other classes, and Zenimax is half-assedly addressing the "pain points" in ways that even disappoint the class reps, let alone the players.

Additionally, Zenimax absolutely *** loves to use a sledgehammer to nerf things, rather than a precision scalpel, so that often leads to stuff hitting live that really shouldn't have made it past the first few weeks of the PTS, simply because there was way too much going on to have a good look at the patch as a whole. The fact that everybody is preoccupied with shield and mobility nerfs (rightfully so) is allowing one obscenely broken set -- Solider of Anguish -- to completely miss everybody's radars. Good chance this set will make it to live in its obscenely broken state.
    Edited by jcm2606 on October 8, 2018 2:56PM
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutly zero value.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Zenimax is incredibly stubborn when it comes to balance. The fact that sorc's required a 30 page long forum thread for Zenimax to even consider revisiting the shield change is testament to that. You look at the other classes, and Zenimax is half-assedly addressing the "pain points" in ways that even disappoint the class reps, let alone the players.

Additionally, Zenimax absolutely *** loves to use a sledgehammer to nerf things, rather than a precision scalpel, so that often leads to stuff hitting live that really shouldn't have made it past the first few weeks of the PTS, simply because there was way too much going on to have a good look at the patch as a whole. The fact that everybody is preoccupied with shield and mobility nerfs (rightfully so) is allowing one obscenely broken set -- Solider of Anguish -- to completely miss everybody's radars. Good chance this set will make it to live in its obscenely broken state.

Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the feedback I give after testing is mildly considered, but can still affect an update.
    Complained in multiple threads about the toughness change and it's effects on dds in raids, made numerous tests, tagged some people, discussed possible solutions. Two cycles later the heals (are supposed to) behave a bit more intelligently. Not nearly the change I would have personally liked but it's better.

So yes, I like to think it made at least some small impact.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its hard to tell, i sometimes get the feeling, that e.g. community sais "the jewelry grind sucks" and zos goes "high five, working as intended"
  • KhajiitHasSkooma
    KhajiitHasSkooma
    ✭✭✭
    I remember back in the day reporting a bugged out quest. *** still made it to live, nevermind the atrocious combat balance changes.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But when everyone complained about something sometimes they change stuff but I've tried to do testing this pts but its dead every time I log in to it so I stopped can t test changes when I can't do bgs or even duel not pver so I can t provide good feed back for that
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    But when everyone complained about something sometimes they change stuff but I've tried to do testing this pts but its dead every time I log in to it so I stopped can t test changes when I can't do bgs or even duel not pver so I can t provide good feed back for that

They bandaid fix it instead of reverting something that is obviously bad.

They change things to make us think we're being heard, but in reality they will always do what they want
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay!
    PC-NA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel the feedback I give after testing makes a strong difference in the final outcome of an update.
    Yes. However, I don't expect that they are going to do as I suggest. I do expect that they hear, and that my opinions, aggregated with others, are discussed.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS is a waste of space as is.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is zero if I would believe like majority of others PTS is place to tell ZoS how to do things or tell them they new change is bad after I read about it or spend hour trying it on dummy/in duel.

If I count only the feedback that this PTS forum is made for and what is ZoS actually looking for, then I think it has value.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos admitted that wardens felt neglected but apparently failed to understand that the neglected wardens were the Magicka subclass... We Magdens asked for a stun, ice dps, better buff management, better sustain, and better damage and zos actually managed to do the exact opposite of what we wanted in all five of these categories... It’s painfully obvious at this point that they don’t care about PvP Magden or the feedback of PvP Magden mains
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WTB lol button.

Honestly, it feels like ZOS only listens when 90% of the forums is unanimously adamant against something and even then, it'll still fall on deaf ears half the time.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on October 8, 2018 6:44PM
    Argonian forever
  • Roboplus
    Roboplus
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know that it's not listening so much as it is the conscious choice not to act.

Tankblades and Healblades both got nerfed as a result of nerfing Magblades (plus the evasion/Tava thing), but we get nothing to compensate. Not because there's nothing that can be done, but it's just not on the list of things to address at this time.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a number of bugs that have been fixed due to feedback.

But I also know a lot of bugs that got neglected. For example, stranglers spawning outside of the hunt phase in vMoS HM was reported and acknowledged by a dev but remains unfixed even today.

Beyond that, I feel like I'm yelling at a brick wall with other feedback, with ZOS often doing the opposite.
    Edited by code65536 on October 8, 2018 7:10PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My comment got removed, feels bad.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to the rep program (now) I feel like we really are being listened to.

Sload was ignored till too late

Anguish and shuffle got what I saw most players say.

Good work all
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No value. I’ve tested in lots of games over the years, and the ESO PTS is probably the worst in terms of the devs responding to tester feedback.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the feedback has been heeded. Shield nerf changed, and now they softened it even more. Comments about pets dying were heeded. One poster made a nerf call for Impregnable and the very next day the devs nerfed it. Anguish has been modified a few times. Trapping webs now gets dk cost redux. Some blackrose weapons were modified (several times, now we have unmitigatable poison damage apparently). Relequen proccing melee sets was addressed.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it takes the community to have a fit just to get Zos attention to certain proposed changes, no, i dont think our input is valued.

If DK's were quiet several patches ago when it was proposed they be gutted...

Now with light armor play with shields...

Templars lost in many experienced players opinion...

Im done discussing it..🤨
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    after they wasted everyone's time a few patches ago the answer is no unless they announce they will never do it again. I have not been on the pts since.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except for fixing bugs (and even then, only sometimes), not in the least.

Not unless you can see the outrage from space.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except for fixing bugs (and even then, only sometimes), not in the least.

Not unless you can see the outrage from space.

You mean minor visual glitch gets fixed and major glitch stays in?
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on October 9, 2018 6:54AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They only change some of their initial pts version if a really big forum outrage happens. See the 1sec poop-shields.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23