The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Swift nerf still makes no sense to me

Colecovision
Colecovision
✭✭✭✭✭
I came back from the dead for to do my part for the summerset house on 2 accounts and thought I'd stick around. Then this awful nerf that wrecks the most fun part of the game for me.

5% speed boost for purple trait isn't worth it. Imo it's not balanced with the other traits. 9% was dead on and only op when stacked. It's a buff. It behaves like a buff but for whatever reason it stacks. No one complains about major ward or major brutality because you get one. If you got 3 they would be op crazy op. Duh, right?

Instead of making swift completely useless to most of us, just leave it alone and make it give a "major swift" buff. One is better than none and I'm not sure I can stomach the jewelry crafting grind, including spending vouchers on trait material, only to now spend 50 crystals to transmute. Then of course, it's back to slow mode.

Additionally, the people that need to completely abuse speed can probably go all gold and get the 18% buff still on the table. If you simply added this buff to the buff system and left the current numbers, the max buff would be 10% at most. That would avoid killing the trait, but actually help the agenda of further reducing speed for those (literally) breaking the game with it.

For me it's the difference on soloing some world bosses and vet dungeons. One shots need to be avoided and a little lag kills even in vet fungal grotto 1. There's life beyond cyrodil, but 10% is fine there too. Admittedly, stacking it was ridiculous. I'm guilty of participating. But please fix this the right way. Balance the value with infused, arcane and robust so we can at least use one. Don't punish us for using the system you added just 6 months ago.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dammit, stop using logic!
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was supposed to say 9% for purple was dead on. iphone keyboard and screen won't let me scroll up.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was supposed to say 9% for purple was dead on. iphone keyboard and screen won't let me scroll up.

Draft saved
  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major and Minor buffs don't make sense here since you need to have varying levels of speed based on the quality of the jewelry. Also, 30% speed is massive and the stats lost where in no way even close to as valuable. 30% speed buff granted double the 5-piece medium armor bonus to speed when wearing heavy armor...

Swift is now in line with the medium armor passives and should be left as is. If people don't like it, they should swap to another trait and deal with the reduced speed like it was prior to Summerset. We got along fine without swift in the past and it will still be fine going forward. This trait was severely over performing and deserves to be thrown in the dumpster.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then solve that. Don't dismiss the whole thing. How about white, green and blue get minor swift at 3%. Purple and gold major at 10%. They can stack and it's still 5% lower than the what is offered in the current stackable nerf and minor swift would royally suck, which is fine. Saying it's op so it should go in the dumpster is beyond stupid.
    Dumpstering everything op is what makes the game suck. Incorporating a buff into the buff system so that it isn't op is a better fix than dumpster for sure.
  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then solve that. Don't dismiss the whole thing. How about white, green and blue get minor swift at 3%. Purple and gold major at 10%. They can stack and it's still 5% lower than the what is offered in the current stackable nerf and minor swift would royally suck, which is fine. Saying it's op so it should go in the dumpster is beyond stupid.
    Dumpstering everything op is what makes the game suck. Incorporating a buff into the buff system so that it isn't op is a better fix than dumpster for sure.

But what you are talking about now would mean there is no value in upgrading to gold jewelry... Which is why the Major/Minor system doesn't make sense in this context. All of the levels of quality must have different values or it makes upgrading pointless.

Swift is not currently in the dumpster, it's in line with medium armor. I was saying that it deserves to be in the dumpster and, yes, that's where it does in fact belong.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's still 4 set bonuses to ungrade going from purple to gold, so It's not worthless at all. The system would be fine, you just want it speed out of the game. Another option is that people simply can't equip 2. There's surely a technical way to make it worth using and not stack so much that it's op.

My suggestion nerfs it's potential even further, so I'm not sure why it would be so terrible for the anti speed nuts. Also, being in line with medium armor isn't the thing here. Personally, I need it on top if medium armor. It's easy to stay clear of vet boss one shots with a staff.

Regardless, the value needs to be in line with the boost infused gives a glyph or other traits give to raw stats. Giving up 2 infused for 12% speed doesn't work for most, thus the complaints.

Look, you've already won. The obviously OP 27 - 30% is gone. No one reasonable is saying it was fair. Only that it was fun. I'm just looking to keep one since it's a big deal to my pve potential. Also it's not op anywhere if implemented the way I suggested.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They could put speed in general in the trash can for all I care.

They have not addressed why speed is necessary to survival though - the introduction of a bunch of dumb *** like gigantic buffs to snipe, bow LAs doing 2x their normal damage, proc sets that proc off doing almost anything, oblivion damage galore, lolzaan.

Speed was a method of dealing with the stupidity they introduced to the game, and the removal of that tool while keeping all the loads of garbage they still have makes PVP worse.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PathwayM wrote: »
    Swift is now in line with the medium armor passives and should be left as is. If people don't like it, they should swap to another trait and deal with the reduced speed like it was prior to Summerset. We got along fine without swift in the past and it will still be fine going forward. This trait was severely over performing and deserves to be thrown in the dumpster.
    This would be a fine idea if it was possible, but it's not because of the Major Expedition nerfs.
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    PathwayM wrote: »
    This would be a fine idea if it was possible, but it's not because of the Major Expedition nerfs.

[In context of PVP] Considering the fact that stamina was stronger than magicka before summerset, and god-mode stronger post-summerset, I'd say the major expedition uptime nerf will put mag and stam more on par with each other in pvp.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You survived just fine for years before Speed was introduced, you'll survive just fine without it. Speed didn't aide in surviving, it was used to cheese people to death because they couldn't hit you worth a damn while you could hit them. That was stupid and I'm glad it's dying. You're going to run around a tree/rock/etc anyways, regardless of your speed so I don't get what the big deal is.
    Argonian forever
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with speed bonus gear is the fact that the game couldn't handle it. Targeting becomes super sketchy when everyone is moving at or near max speed. The engine wasn't designed for it, and it shows.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    30 percent speed in exchange for 2610 max stat was probably a bit too good.
    18 percent seems a bit too little, but we'll see. I'll still run 3x swift on at least one setup.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • maxlacab16_ESO
    maxlacab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS is only good at NERFING...so give them a big hand for excelling at it again!
    Whom ever they are listening to, or wherever they get their misguided ideas from, please STOP!
    There must be one, or even two people with some ideas on the ZOS dev team...I mean constructive ideas, not crappy "let's NERF some more" ideas!

And yes, I will quit my sub again.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is only good at NERFING...so give them a big hand for excelling at it again!
    Whom ever they are listening to, or wherever they get their misguided ideas from, please STOP!
    There must be one, or even two people with some ideas on the ZOS dev team...I mean constructive ideas, not crappy "let's NERF some more" ideas!

And yes, I will quit my sub again.

the sad part here is that they are listening to themselves, the class reps and player base have made good suggestions but they are too stubborn to admit they are wrong and do something about it