Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Psijic Villa reward: "Unfurnished" or "empty of all furnishings and decorations"?

virtus753
virtus753
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I'm looking for clarification on the state of the Psijic Villa when it's awarded the week after next. There is a Support Q&A page on this topic that seems to contradict the preview we can see on Live right now, so I found myself more confused rather than less after reading it.

On the Support Q&A site, it's stated that the Villa reward comes "empty of all furnishings and decorations." Yet the in-game (Live, not PTS) preview shows us the "unfurnished" version - which has over 100 base furnishings and decorations, including over 60 plants and 40 pieces of lighting.

Are we going to get the "unfurnished" version (with those 100+ base furnishings, as shown on Live right now) or something *completely* empty (zero items, as stated on the Support page)? If completely empty, why are we being shown the "unfurnished" (i.e. base furnished) version on Live? If "unfurnished"/base furnished, why does the Q&A page state otherwise?

Here is the Support Q&A page: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42960/~/does-the-grand-psijic-villa-come-furnished-or-unfurnished-from-the-summerfall

And UESP's list of the base furnishings that come with the "unfurnished" version, which can be seen on Live now: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Grand_Psijic_Villa
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfurnished or empty of all furnishings...greeeeeat. >.<;;;
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on September 30, 2018 7:34PM
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's quite clear. We will get estate devoid of any furnishings. Which means zero. Otherwise they would just say that it will be an unfurnished version.
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on September 30, 2018 9:53PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me it's quite clear. We will get estate devoid of any furnishings. Which means zero. Otherwise they would just say that it will be an unfurnished version.

In which case, why would they show us the base-furnished/unfurnished version on Live? It's highly confusing to be shown a preview of something we're *not* getting - and we can't even change it to show us the villa without any furnishings. Previews of housing have always been true to what we're getting, whether furnished or not. I'm puzzled as to why that's changed.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a puzzlement.

However other "unfurnished" things have come with a few plants or trees here and there.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's quite clear. We will get estate devoid of any furnishings. Which means zero
    virtus753 wrote: »

In which case, why would they show us the base-furnished/unfurnished version on Live? It's highly confusing to be shown a preview of something we're *not* getting - and we can't even change it to show us the villa without any furnishings. Previews of housing have always been true to what we're getting, whether furnished or not. I'm puzzled as to why that's changed.

There are precedents for completely empty estates. If you were buying housing with crowns for another person via special means (e.g. ZOS support service) you will get completely empty house and later ZOS will send you all "unfurnished" version furnishings via in-game mail

Anyway, if I were you, I wouldn't get hopes too high, least you will be unsatisfied. Better to hope for a bare minimum and be suprised if ZOS gives us an unfurnished version than the opposite
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on September 30, 2018 10:57PM
  • Malakor
    Malakor
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

To give an idea of what it can look like furnished?
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So not even one tree? wow that's a shame
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malakor wrote: »
    To give an idea of what it can look like furnished?

Why force on us a single, misleading preview of one potential furnishing arrangement without offering an accurate representation of the place as it will be given? I'm not sure why anyone would want to be shown what they won't be getting (at least not without a lot of research, legwork, and gold) without the option of seeing just what they will.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfurnished as in the unfurnished preview or unfurnished as in nothing at all, either way is fine by me as I’d end up removing everything any way and building up from scratch (either placing those “unfurnished” items in another home or placing them in the same home just in different spots). I know some people may not like building from scratch, but personally I prefer to build from scratch.

Either way we’ll find out whether it is unfurnished as in like the preview or unfurnished as in we’ll get nothing inside by October 10th
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that there were originally base furnished and furnished versions strongly suggests that their original plan was to sell it via the crown store. They still might for people who missed the event. They might also plan to offer to sell the furnished version to people who completed the event for a couple of thousand crowns.

This is also the first event reward home. Even if they don't ever sell it for crowns, the housing system has been set up to require unfurnished and furnished versions of every home. It wouldn't be super difficult to alter the UI to accommodate this manor as an exception but they might have reasons for not wanting to.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's free, which means i don't care either way.

In fact, completely empty would be better for me because i have so much housing crap in storage right now, all of which i can move to the villa.
    cheer.gif
  • Lakhitia
    Lakhitia
    ✭✭✭
    From ESO's official Twitter account:ro5war7z6xye.jpg

Unfortunately I believe this tweet makes it pretty clear. Not a single shrub.

I think it really is a shame. The unfurnished version comes with some pretty decent furnishings, such as the three pergolas and the cherry trees. And even with the base furnishings included this house would still cost a small fortune to decorate. Which, I believe, is a pretty frank ploy for some extra crowns sold. Give the playerbase a free goodie which they'll later spend tons of RL money on. I do, of course, understand the event itself was primarily meant to boost the Summerset sales and the marketing around it was pretty clear about it from the get-go. I am also perfectly aware that no one is forcing anyone to decorate or even use the house (it's absolutely my own flaw that I find it really hard to leave a house undecorated and unfurnished :smiley: ) But all in all I can't pretend I'm not a little disappointed in how they handled this.
    Edited by Lakhitia on October 1, 2018 11:27AM
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonder oh wonder - there are a couple of furnishing sets upcoming, my guesstimate is a total of 25k (crowns) for all of the sets combined, which were probably part of the original purchase-with-crowns villa bundle, probably priced at - 25k.

Anyway, furnishing the villa will be quite a task, each item costing a whopping 3-6k in mats. Probably using some alternative styles...
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfurnished means ...

No furnishings

Trees and shubbery are not furniture in the essence of furnished or unfurnished ...

You can add more of them taking up furniture slots but you usually get some

My unfurnished house has lots of trees
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be a bit surprised if it came to us as 0/700 (0/350).
    I think unfurnished means it comes just as it appears when toured on live currently.

And even if it truly does come with 0 furnishings, there's not that much of value that comes standard, except perhaps the pergolas.
    People will buy the crown furnishing packs even with the paltry few furnishings that are there now. And giving it to us literally empty would be pretty mean..
  • Vahlyance
    Vahlyance
    ✭✭✭
    I was planning to buy the thing furnished before this event was announced, perhaps they can add an option to get the furnished version with a bit o' crowns.
    『-Astra inclinant, sed non obligant.-』
  • Debutante_Savant
    Debutante_Savant
    Soul Shriven
    I agree that something for free gives little room to complain, however, since the house can be previewed on live right now by travelling to its location and it currently includes specialty items that players are unable to craft, such as the Alinor Pergolas, I think it would be expected by most people that these items are included in the prize. Without them, your only option is to purchase them separately with crowns via the "f5" menu while inside your home. Several packs have been shown that will be up in the crown store for Alinor furnishings and I am sure they will sell plenty- but even with those it would force individual purchases of multiple pergolas like are shown in the home at this very moment, since they are not even an item in any of them. If the home does not come AS IS on live right now, with zero furniture pieces, but a lot of little extras like plants, shrines, pergolas, a fireplace, etc - it sure would be nice to know beforehand. I highly doubt they would show it to us on live with these items just to strip it bare when they hand it to us. Really wish we could get some confirmation on this from ZoS.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They should give 50 bound? Culanda stone. Encourage crafting for it if it's empty.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Aralan_B
    Aralan_B
    ✭✭
    I expected this house to be unfurnished since we are getting it for free. But I hope that when delivered we are offered the option of buying with Crowns the total furnishing and decorating package that was to be offered with the furnished home for the difference in price of a furnished and unfurnished home.

I know others like to furnish everything themselves, but I won't have time for that for a while. I'd rather be out adventuring!

(Seems like this is a good opportunity for a new profession in ESO: Home decorator. Players can decorate other players homes for a fee. :smile: )
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm...still no confirmation on this from ZOS? I really hope that it comes unfurnished, i.e. exactly the way it is in the preview. We've all gone to that home after the event was announced to see what the prize would be, and I'm sure most, if not all, were expecting to get exactly what they saw - not a villa that was stripped bare of all trees, rocks, plants, lights, etc.

Please ZOS, consider offering the home as we have all previewed it. You'll still sell lots of furnishing packs, since the unfurnished version only has a few lights/trees/plants. Or are you that desperate to also sell pergolas and fireplaces? Are you hoping to sell more plants, including the formal shrubbery pack, etc.?

This is an opportunity to get players into housing, but it would be discouraging to be given a COMPLETELY EMPTY home, devoid of any of the usual furnishings that come with an unfurnished home.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

P.S. While I would be disappointed not to receive the unfurnished version as previewed on live, it's still a great prize and it was a great event that brought the community together.
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    Mine probably won't look very good if it comes unfurnished, since I don't have crowns nor can craft much furniture, etc. 😞
    Finding beauty in negative spaces.

Officer & recruiter for Lunacy on the Xbox - NA server.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipress wrote: »
    Mine probably won't look very good if it comes unfurnished, since I don't have crowns nor can craft much furniture, etc. 😞

I've never understood the rush to furnish houses--unless that's your way of playing the game. For me housing has been mostly about finding blueprints and thinking about what I might like to do with each home, not rushing to fill all owned space.

I do agree though that not giving us the unfurnished version we can preview will likely result in a lot of folks feeling disappointed, and that it would have been better to allow us to preview the free version that we will actually receive.
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »
    Snipress wrote: »

I've never understood the rush to furnish houses--unless that's your way of playing the game. For me housing has been mostly about finding blueprints and thinking about what I might like to do with each home, not rushing to fill all owned space.

I do agree though that not giving us the unfurnished version we can preview will likely result in a lot of folks feeling disappointed, and that it would have been better to allow us to preview the free version that we will actually receive.

I suppose you're right. Since the only house I've owned was a small one, I've never decorated a larger one. Hopefully it'll be a good experience for me. 🙂 It might look a bit... bare, and a lot of my current furniture doesn't really 'fit in' with the villa, but I'll do my best lol.

I'm almost positive we'll receive the unfurnished version. I noticed they're trying to sell Summerset-related furnishing packs in the crown store, too. That says something right there.
    Finding beauty in negative spaces.

Officer & recruiter for Lunacy on the Xbox - NA server.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.. even if it is free, it should look as shown, otherwise it is misleading.

Can't say I don't want it even if is given with zero shrubs and trees, but would be disappointed, it will feel like I am shown a carrot on a stick, to buy the pergolas and other crown exclusive items that fit perfectly with this estate.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS cannot gift houses with items in it. It was explained to me that every item gifted has a item number, and it wont allow them to gift homes furnished. I had asked this several months ago when they provided homes to me as rewards for an in game event i was running. Unfortunately even if they wanted to gift homes to us furnished, they simply cant. I am 1000% sure this will be empty because they cant gift furnished homes, and this has been answered on twitter :)
    Edited by Shimmer on October 10, 2018 2:36AM
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. It's awesome that we're getting a free house. So what if there's no icing on the cake? It's a free freakin' cake! Make your own icing.
  • sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭
    Shimmer wrote: »
    ZOS cannot gift houses with items in it. It was explained to me that every item gifted has a item number, and it wont allow them to gift homes furnished. I had asked this several months ago when they provided homes to me as rewards for an in game event i was running. Unfortunately even if they wanted to gift homes to us furnished, they simply cant. I am 1000% sure this will be empty because they cant gift furnished homes, and this has been answered on twitter :)

Yes but there is empty and then there is empty. Did the homes you gifted for your event have the few items that normally come with the unfurnished version of the home (most have a few plants, a couple light fixtures, etc), or were they completely empty, i.e. more so than even the unfurnished version of the homes?
  • D0LLFACE
    D0LLFACE
    Soul Shriven
    I guess we will all see tomorrow... It was free, I'm not going to complain about it being furnished or unfurnished. Obviously, they are trying to gain some revenue on the furniture packs. I feel that is very fair! There is a lot of furnishings to collect, trade, craft yourself or have someone craft for you. A lot of the people gaining the free house would have NEVER got the house if not for the event. I was planning on buying it anyways until the event came out! More crowns for me! :smiley:
    @alicatxo on PS4
  • Lakhitia
    Lakhitia
    ✭✭✭
    Shimmer wrote: »

Thank you for the explanation. However much I don't like it, this does make sense :smiley:

I'm still mourning the pergolas and all the trees, but I'm mostly just looking forward to the villa at this point.
  • sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭
    D0LLFACE wrote: »
    I guess we will all see tomorrow... It was free, I'm not going to complain about it being furnished or unfurnished. Obviously, they are trying to gain some revenue on the furniture packs. I feel that is very fair! There is a lot of furnishings to collect, trade, craft yourself or have someone craft for you. A lot of the people gaining the free house would have NEVER got the house if not for the event. I was planning on buying it anyways until the event came out! More crowns for me! :smiley:

Yeah of course this discussion will be moot tomorrow. Certainly I'm looking forward to the house either way. I actually really like the way the outdoors looks in the preview, so if the trees and such are not included I'll probably do my best to replicate it while adding a few small touches of my own. Not the most creative approach perhaps but it's what appeals to me.