The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Blackrose Bow still bugged

Strider__Roshin
Strider__Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
If you fire Drain Shot then immediately weapon swap; the item set effect doesn't proc.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    If you fire Drain Shot then immediately weapon swap; the item set effect doesn't proc.

Call it game mechanic, because that applies to any set that activates on damage.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They made enchants remember which bar a skill was cast from, but set pieces don't have that function yet afaik. All of them are currently calculated at the moment of impact rather than when you initiated an attack.

For example: I can right now slot Sunderflame on DW bar, charge up a heavy attack from bow bar (which does not have Sunderflame) and weapon swap before it lands, causing Sunderflame to proc because I was on that bar when the heavy attack landed.

Would be nice to see this change in some patch so it's consistent with how enchants operate and so players won't be "stuck" on bars waiting for attacks to land, wondering what they should do (makes gameplay more fast paced).
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    They made enchants remember which bar a skill was cast from, but set pieces don't have that function yet afaik. All of them are currently calculated at the moment of impact rather than when you initiated an attack.

For example: I can right now slot Sunderflame on DW bar, charge up a heavy attack from bow bar (which does not have Sunderflame) and weapon swap before it lands, causing Sunderflame to proc because I was on that bar when the heavy attack landed.

Would be nice to see this change in some patch so it's consistent with how enchants operate and so players won't be "stuck" on bars waiting for attacks to land, wondering what they should do (makes gameplay more fast paced).

Yeah unless they change it so I don't have to wait for my attack to land before weapon swapping I'm going to stick to the Master's Bow. I want to be rushing my opponent when they get CC'd not watching them CC break.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so this bow is not viable?
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Call it game mechanic, because that applies to any set that activates on damage.

Maelstrom Bow and Master Bow both apply their bonus even if you barswap immediately, don't they?

Asylum Bow and BRP bow don't.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    SodanTok wrote: »

Maelstrom Bow and Master Bow both apply their bonus even if you barswap immediately, don't they?

Asylum Bow and BRP bow don't.

They didnt when I posted that year ago. It was actually normal way things worked back then. But in past 2 oor 3 patches ZoS started changing these things so its obvious its no longer intended behavior, they just have to be pushed to change it.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Del
    Edited by MentalxHammer on October 14, 2019 4:46PM