The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Would anyone like a dwarven ruin as a home?

Vanthras79
Vanthras79
✭✭✭✭✭
Just imagine a home inside a warm dwarven ruin with a cliff view of the Al'Akir sands visible through a crack in the earthen foundation. The steam and heat from hot springs located next to a dwarven boiler that powered the once sprawling ruin that you, the player, now occupy.
Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

Would anyone like a dwarven ruin as a home? 59 votes

Yes!
77%
Foxpaw93_ESOMonkLoHanWuffyCeruleiSporvanIruil_ESOixiePathEldenser12SilverwillowReverbSosRuvaakLarianaPraboooDefiltedAdamskiAldersAliyavanashadowwraith666Konstant_Tel_NecrisVanthras79YamiKuruku 46 votes
No!
15%
ElsonsokimaerilBouldercleaveLettigallFLL200CMaryalghastleyGrayfaxAlliantie 9 votes
Maybe so (explain)
6%
NestorStreegaOrphanHelgenDelphinia 4 votes
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Dwarven style - yes. Ruin - no.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a TES III style dwemer ruin. It can fill out one of those picturesque ruins in Vvardenfell that have no interior.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have Clockwork City home, aren't it?
    Personally me couldn't care less about another useless home, they'll add.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    SilverWF wrote: »

The Clockwork home is of Sotha Sil's Clockwork style. I am thinking more Vvardenfell/Skyrim/or Hammerfell style of Dwarven ruin.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    While I vote yes, I really mean no.

Because they’ll make one that costs over a hundred dollars that I won’t buy and be really mad exists when all I want is a small, affordable house. That was pretty much my reaction to the CWC house. Do I want a CWC house bad? Yes. Do I want a giant one that costs that damn much? Hell no.
    Edited by Starlock on October 1, 2018 11:08PM
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Starlock wrote: »
    While I vote yes, I really mean no.

Because they’ll make one that costs over a hundred dollars that I won’t buy and be really mad exists when all I want is a small, affordable house. That was pretty much my reaction to the CWC house. Do I want a CWC house bad? Yes. Do I want a giant one that costs that damn much? Hell no.

I know what you mean. I wanted a small house in Abah's Landing, and they dropped that Palace. That being said, I still like to dream of a dwemer home.

• M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    You have no idea how much I want something like this... especially if they put it someplace other than Vvardenfell,
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!

clockwork isn't the same as dwemer. clockwork is based off dwemer but isnt
  • SenorCrouch
    SenorCrouch
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I'd be down, but how about first ZoS address the issue of every Dwarven style furniture item costing 7 Dwemer Frames. Give these furniture pieces the Alinor treatment.
    "What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    What I'd really like is a house in Markarth. But that means we need a Markarth to put it in. I'm hoping there will be an inn room and a medium size home once the DLC for that end of Skyrim comes around.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    What I would like is a medium sized place, like some of the dwemer crafting areas - a big room with a forge, anvil, workbench (with that lighting above), all this connected to some outdoor area on the edge of a rock, plus some smaller room that would work as a bedroom, library, etc. There are enough huge houses in the game already.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    What kind of environment would you guys like this idea of a Dwemer house to be in? (1) Desert (2) Mountains (3) Snowy Mountains (4) Morrowind Ash (5) or Morrowind forest. Going off of the lore friendly climates that Dwemer ruins could appear in.

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Absolutely, and especially if the door goes BOING!! like some of the ones in Vvardenfell. I need the boing door. <3
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I want a TES III style dwemer ruin. It can fill out one of those picturesque ruins in Vvardenfell that have no interior.

Yeeeeees
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!

You couldn't care? You know you're in the housing section, right? :P
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe so (explain)
    As much as I would love a creaking Dwemer location for a home, not if I have to use 5 to 10 Frames for each piece of furniture I make
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Nestor wrote: »
    As much as I would love a creaking Dwemer location for a home, not if I have to use 5 to 10 Frames for each piece of furniture I make

Fair point @Nestor. Maybe they could have a Dwemer furniture pack in the CS. :wink:
    Edited by Vanthras79 on October 8, 2018 6:20PM

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe so (explain)
    I keep throwing the Frame issue out when given a chance in hopes that ZOS will relax that burdensome requirement.

Becuase I would really like a Dwemer home. What I would like to see is one that has a compact living area, but has a large explorable ruin structure out back.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Dwarven style home. Clean and working, not a ruined one.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    The Dagoth Ur facility springs to mind, however i don't think it's accessible atm since Red Mountain is a bit more active than in TES III, there is also Yasammidan, NW of Gnisis with just an area of interest marker (eye icon).
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe so (explain)
    Most ruins of any kind just intrigue me. Maybe it’s the Tomb Raider in me. 😉