Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP is dying, and will continue until we get campaign account locks.

• accina
    accina
    accina wrote: »
    Haven't played this games for couple of years but I used to play it alot. Playtime around 150 days since prelaunch.
    I really loved Cyrodiil but the server lag made it nearly impossible to play and those proc sets were the last bullet.

Are those proc sets and server lag still an issue?

Those proc sets have been nerfed and others took their place. And I can't speak to your particular lag, but I certainly still have it.

So, yes, still an issue.

Thanks VaranisArano. If those proc sets were nerfed, I might be able to cope with that lag for a while.
    Althought, I must be quite far behind in CPs... I quess I had something like 500 of them when I left.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't played this games for couple of years but I used to play it alot. Playtime around 150 days since prelaunch.
    I really loved Cyrodiil but the server lag made it nearly impossible to play and those proc sets were the last bullet.

Those proc sets have been nerfed and others took their place. And I can't speak to your particular lag, but I certainly still have it.

So, yes, still an issue.

Thanks VaranisArano. If those proc sets were nerfed, I might be able to cope with that lag for a while.
    Althought, I must be quite far behind in CPs... I quess I had something like 500 of them when I left.

Don't get me wrong, proc sets still exist and some can be rather powerful. But ZOS did nerf a lot of the old ones that overperformed in Battlegrounds like Viper, Red Mountain, etc.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance should be at the top of the list, balance and scoring and all this other stuff is null if skills dont work and especially doesn't matter if your at the login screen every 10 minutes
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • accina
    accina

So, yes, still an issue.

Don't get me wrong, proc sets still exist and some can be rather powerful. But ZOS did nerf a lot of the old ones that overperformed in Battlegrounds like Viper, Red Mountain, etc.

OK. I think I'll rather stick with planetside2 :D
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok let's look at this ...

Both sides have valid arguments

Too many reds on reds swap to blue or yellow to bring balance ... These people are good people, but this is rarely the case

What usually happens is this

Too many reds on, percentage of blues and yellows switch to red , further unblancingbthe campaign but ensuring personal ap gains these people are bad ...

So how can we appease both ...

Simple 4th faction ..

4th faction let's call them mercenary

We lock down the campaign so you can pick a faction .. red, blue, yellows or mercenary ...

Mercenary players are given an increase to do earned after all they're in it for the money

But the game will put them into which ever side requires them to balance the player population , they have their own seige so they can't interact with other players siege preventing them from interfering and turning it away from the target
    However the increased reward comes at a price ...

The faction they are playing for can inflict direct damage if they're suspected to be spies they're able to be killed, they can only be healed by other mercenaries.

Obviously it will need a lot of tweaking, but this could be a solution to help everyone
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play all 3 alliances every campaign. I don't consider any one alliance to be a main. I just play for whichever side I feel like.

Sometimes I log onto AD but it's dead, all their keeps are taken and population is low, so I'll hop onto DC instead where there's a chance of getting in a group and finding a good fight. I see nothing wrong with this
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    We've been asking for campaign locking since day one, but ZoS hasn't this in their scope. They want you to be able to switch
    if you wanna meet up with friends on another campaign.

which leads to people just exploiting the campaign system so they can say "oh well im bored everyone else has a bigger zerg than us" "lets join the winning side" for campaign rewards and AP gains, winning side usually has the most AP gains aswell. Usually.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    We've been asking for campaign locking since day one, but ZoS hasn't this in their scope. They want you to be able to switch

which leads to people just exploiting the campaign system so they can say "oh well im bored everyone else has a bigger zerg than us" "lets join the winning side" for campaign rewards and AP gains, winning side usually has the most AP gains aswell. Usually.

Most people who play all 3 factions play on the team that is losing, as they want the better fights.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

Most people who play all 3 factions play on the team that is losing, as they want the better fights.

Most people who want good fights and play on all 3 factions play the underdog,

Most people who want AP and dont care about faction loyalty play whichever faction they think will get them the most. Usually the winning team.

Personally, I suspect the players who just want easy fights to make AP on the winning faction, outnumber the people seeking challenging fights on the losing faction.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Most people who want AP and dont care about faction loyalty play whichever faction they think will get them the most. Usually the winning team.

Personally, I suspect the players who just want easy fights to make AP on the winning faction, outnumber the people seeking challenging fights on the losing faction.

You usually make more ap on the losing team.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta PvDoor them home keeps and resources back after getting double teamed by Team Purple/Green/Orange and faction hacking cheaters all day!!!
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

Gotta PvDoor them home keeps and resources back after getting double teamed by Team Purple/Green/Orange and faction hacking cheaters all day!!!

Hahahahaha!
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP is actually decent because you have the ability to go and fight for the more outnumbered side. Don't lock the black faction out, we're a good thing.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is actually decent because you have the ability to go and fight for the more outnumbered side. Don't lock the black faction out, we're a good thing.

There may well be a few white knights that do this, but sadly its used for more harm than good. Or more, the impact of the harm those do outweighs the good the number top up guys can do.

Question : Would you still top up those sides if got no AP, no personal gain?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

There may well be a few white knights that do this, but sadly its used for more harm than good. Or more, the impact of the harm those do outweighs the good the number top up guys can do.

If the choice is to play the top faction and zerg everyone to their gates or play the faction getting zerged non-stop, most people that would normally play the underdog just won't play. Your small man group may be able to take on 25 or 30, but not 90.

Let's reverse that: would you still play the dominant faction if whomever had the most population made no AP?
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I play whatever faction looks decently fun and has nice fights. And I'll swap if the map goes bad. I don't really care about the amount of AP, I care about the quality of fights, is what I'm saying.
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on October 9, 2018 12:04AM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

If the choice is to play the top faction and zerg everyone to their gates or play the faction getting zerged non-stop, most people that would normally play the underdog just won't play. Your small man group may be able to take on 25 or 30, but not 90.

Let's reverse that: would you still play the dominant faction if whomever had the most population made no AP?

Personally, I would play EP whether we made AP or not. Because I'm faction loyal, win or lose. I dont expect other people to be faction loyal, but I am.

IDGAF what you do with rewards or how over/underpopulated EP is, nothing will convince me to touch AD or DC with a ten foot pole. I'd sooner quit.

So the only thing you can do to balance players like me is to punish us for wanting to play loyally for our faction when we have the high population.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Personally, I would play EP whether we made AP or not. Because I'm faction loyal, win or lose. I dont expect other people to be faction loyal, but I am.

IDGAF what you do with rewards or how over/underpopulated EP is, nothing will convince me to touch AD or DC with a ten foot pole. I'd sooner quit.

So the only thing you can do to balance players like me is to punish us for wanting to play loyally for our faction when we have the high population.

This isn't applied to you at all Varanis, just an observation from a point you just made. Since I've swapped to DC, the most vile and toxic people I've found are the faction loyal ones.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't applied to you at all Varanis, just an observation from a point you just made. Since I've swapped to DC, the most vile and toxic people I've found are the faction loyal ones.

I’ve mained AD for years and then switches to DC for the better part of a year before going back AD. Can confirm this is absolutely true.

Not exclusively, though. Some of the faction loyalists do have some chill.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve mained AD for years and then switches to DC for the better part of a year before going back AD. Can confirm this is absolutely true.

I suspect that's probably because those are the people most likely to get invested in an "Us vs Them" mentality.

Sort of like how die-hard loyalist sports fans can get to fans of the opposing teams. Its just s human nature thing.

I try to combat that in myself by remembering that its a video game and that I'm pretty sure every faction has about the same amount of good players, scrubs, spies, jerks, and genuinely nice people.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect that's probably because those are the people most likely to get invested in an "Us vs Them" mentality.

Sort of like how die-hard loyalist sports fans can get to fans of the opposing teams. Its just s human nature thing.

I try to combat that in myself by remembering that its a video game and that I'm pretty sure every faction has about the same amount of good players, scrubs, spies, jerks, and genuinely nice people.

Very true. And by the same token, I’ve made some of the best friends I’ve made in this game after swapping to DC and even dabbling on the EP side a bit.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah it's water off a duck's back these days, but they really need to grasp that it''s simply pixels and there is a real world out there.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is obviously a vast conspiracy of the deepest depths of hell.

It must be stopped.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »
    Yeah it's definitely because of no faction locks that is causing pvp to die. It's definitely not the horrible lag and performance problems, the bugs that go unfixed for months, the terrible balances changes, and lack of decent rewards and incentives to pvp.

Yep.

Tbh I actually don’t have performance issues. Maybe the odd one every now and then. And this is while living in Western Australia with a FTTN connection connecting to Xbox EU. I reckon performance is a lot better than it used to be and skill use is fluid. That’s my experience anyway.
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    Here is why you need faction lock, and yes it does suck that many people want to jump alliances in search of better fights and playing with thier friends. Sure locking campaigns might drive some casuals away, but watch this video, and keep in mind this went on for 3 straight days now(went on all last night). After this has happened each of the last 3 nights I watched all three factions lose 2 bars of pop apiece. 2 players...using the cross alliance system to cheat, cleared an entire server...
    https://youtu.be/0xCdGndd498
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭
    Here is why you need faction lock, and yes it does suck that many people want to jump alliances in search of better fights and playing with thier friends. Sure locking campaigns might drive some casuals away, but watch this video, and keep in mind this went on for 3 straight days now(went on all last night). After this has happened each of the last 3 nights I watched all three factions lose 2 bars of pop apiece. 2 players...using the cross alliance system to cheat, cleared an entire server...

I am quite certain most pvpers would agree with u. Lets just hope ZOS does something sooner rather than later.
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭

OK. I think I'll rather stick with planetside2 :D
    I'm so confused by this response.

• cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ormtunge wrote: »

I am quite certain most pvpers would agree with u. Lets just hope ZOS does something sooner rather than later.

I think most people who want to play the game without exploits would agree. Exploits in a single player game, sure; to each of their own but in multiplayer? It's not only damaging the game itself but its player base.
    Edited by cheifsoap on October 17, 2018 7:19PM
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @cheifsoap I completely agree, and that’s what these morons don’t get. The people that do this *** or try and call me out for “being a trash zergling who cares about the score” all have the same attitude; “The objective of the game is for (insert standard low IQ homophobic slur)” and that is the most cancerous thing in pvp. I play the game for the lore, the battle mechanics and the immersion, which include playing for objective. If these guys think the objective is “homosexual” then they should just leave the game.
    Edited by allstarplayergk on October 17, 2018 8:57PM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They only really go fight for the other side until they've taken a decent number keeps. Then they go right back to their main side which means their main side always stays in the lead and the lesser side always loses.

If they stayed on the same side some players might want to change alliances for a campaign or more permanently in order to enjoy the game more. Because they can swap, players that are waiting to play for a particular side get in and feel like they get an adequate amount of PVP, and consequently AP.

It's not that if everyone stayed in a particular alliance as is, that any other alliance would win. It's that because you can swap alliances on the fly certain alliances stay in the lead because nobody is encouraged to change alliances between campaigns due to not getting enough play time or AP. There is no natural evolution within the alliances because players can swap to the other alliance temporarily just to take keeps so that they can continue to earn AP, continue to PVP, but their favorite alliance can still win.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..