The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Medium armor lost to the void?

• Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out @Liam12548

I believe he runs medium armor builds and has no problem taking down guys in heavy armor. Bleeds I think?

He's like literally the best 1v1 stam player on Xbox though.

I always focus him because it gets me better.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out @Liam12548

I believe he runs medium armor builds and has no problem taking down guys in heavy armor. Bleeds I think?

He's like literally the best 1v1 stam player on Xbox though.

I always focus him because it gets me better.

Never heard of him
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure his GT is ReactFaster

I've killed him twice in solo situations (both in WW from), but he's got me so many more times. still, from facing him I learned how to handle other stamplars/stamsorcs (think he has one of each, and they both play similarly with flurry/jabs, bleeds, and ccs).
    Edited by Amdar_Godkiller on October 3, 2018 2:52AM
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium armor is balanced, leave it alone.

The problem is that heavy armor is OP and light armor classes tended to be shield stacking which was also OP.

They've removed the shield stacking but left heavy armor as is. Net result:
    • Heavy Armor
    • Medium Armor
    • Light Armor

Edited by lucky_dutch on October 3, 2018 2:52PM
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people with excellent ping and animation cancelling skills are very difficult to kill if you're a bow/2h NB wearing medium. Templars using skills that ignore dodge can melt you in a flash.
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny just the other day a friend and I were joking about how we treat DK's like an agent in The Matrix. We see one, we just run away. Sure there may be that "Neo" out there that has a perfect setup to fight them, but not us.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because nothing is easier than stamblade right now.
    Unless of course your StamBlade is a brawler and doesn't like to hide.

In which case it is anything but "easy" in PvP ...
    shades.gif

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This upcoming patch will be rough on medium.

I get away with it because I run both shuffle and bladecloak. One helps with single target, the other with AOE.

Now that they both provide the same defensive buff, I’ll be far more vulnerable to single target
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slap some impen on a medium armor passive. Won’t affect pve and it’ll help with the loss of how evasion currently works. That with the increased crit chance from medium on our heals should help out quite a bit
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium armor requires faster reaction times, as result bad/inexperienced players can not make it work at all.

Though if you're a nightblade and still struggling against Dks/stamplars, maybe you should try another game because nothing is easier than stamblade right now.

This is such a bad comment. Templars literally ignore dodge which is any medium armor user's only source of mitigation as well as AoEing right through any stealth attempt.

I can, of course, kill a templar if I catch them in a nasty combo but Templars & DKs are currently hard-counters to NBs.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smashcats wrote: »
    Im a little confused about velidreth, every time i see the poison balls i just step around them, why is it good?

Also for me when it comes to dodge rolling, even with some well fitted and reductions i dont see myself having enough stamina during combat to use that on top of everything else and still keep fighting, without just running out of stamina midway...

if im using stam recovery on jewelry should i just drop it for weapon damage instead? because like I said above, my experience is that no matter what, ur just gonna be out of stamina within like 5 seconds anyways, so recovery doesnt seem to matter (currently around 1500ish)

Velidreth is good when you're up close - I also use leash (you can combine with EH's rune too)

In x7 medium with 5 well fitted I can roll about 7 times in a row, though I've noted I really only need 2 or 3 in quick succession at most

I use the same Regen amount as you (about 1500)

Let's see here, combat for me is usually short and if it's not I use LoS and speed to get out and recover.

If you can, try to incorporate heavy attacks while in combat to help with sustain

I don't use a "spammable" really. Let's say I'm in combat, close enough where I wouldn't use snipe... I go: injection, Rending, if no DB ready probably a heavy attack, spin2win.

Usually Dawnbreaker is ready quickly

You're looking at bleed from axe, bleed from Rending, hurricane DoT, probably Dawnbreaker + it's DoT, and spin2win.

If they try to LoS or run away, leash brings em back + a snare (back into your hurricane and possibly Veli - if using it)

A note about my build:

Eternal + well fitted turns my Dodge roll into like a 2k costing mitigation that can deal 5k damage (after battle spirit) dodge roll in this set up is not only a great form of mitigation, but also of damage. I like to roll through an opponent, then back the other way, leaving my opponent looking in the wrong direction and surrounded by explosive runes. Oh and because I use bow I get major expedition.

So dodge roll gives me: complete damage mitigation window, major expedition, and heavy hitting attack at a lower cost than most abilities in game (think about that and then how people say Shields are OP lol)

giphy.gif
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Im a little confused about velidreth, every time i see the poison balls i just step around them, why is it good?

Also for me when it comes to dodge rolling, even with some well fitted and reductions i dont see myself having enough stamina during combat to use that on top of everything else and still keep fighting, without just running out of stamina midway...

if im using stam recovery on jewelry should i just drop it for weapon damage instead? because like I said above, my experience is that no matter what, ur just gonna be out of stamina within like 5 seconds anyways, so recovery doesnt seem to matter (currently around 1500ish)

Velidreth is good when you're up close - I also use leash (you can combine with EH's rune too)

In x7 medium with 5 well fitted I can roll about 7 times in a row, though I've noted I really only need 2 or 3 in quick succession at most

Let's see here, combat for me is usually short and if it's not I use LoS and speed to get out and recover.

If you can, try to incorporate heavy attacks while in combat to help with sustain

I don't use a "spammable" really. Let's say I'm in combat, close enough where I wouldn't use snipe... I go: injection, Rending, if no DB ready probably a heavy attack, spin2win.

You're looking at bleed from axe, bleed from Rending, hurricane DoT, probably Dawnbreaker + it's DoT, and spin2win.

If they try to LoS or run away, leash brings em back + a snare (back into your hurricane and possibly Veli - if using it)

A note about my build:

Eternal + well fitted turns my Dodge roll into like a 2k costing mitigation that can deal 5k damage (after battle spirit) dodge roll in this set up is not only a great form of mitigation, but also of damage. I like to roll through an opponent, then back the other way, leaving my opponent looking in the wrong direction and surrounded by explosive runes. Oh and because I use bow I get major expedition.

So dodge roll gives me: complete damage mitigation window, major expedition, and heavy hitting attack at a lower cost than most abilities in game (think about that and then how people say Shields are OP lol)

giphy.gif

Lol. On an unrelated note, what movie is this from?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

A note about my build:

giphy.gif

Peter Pan
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    because nothing is easier than stamblade right now.
    Unless of course your StamBlade is a brawler and doesn't like to hide.

In which case it is anything but "easy" in PvP ...
    shades.gif

I'd say still very easy relative to everything else.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 4, 2018 8:38AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium armor requires faster reaction times, as result bad/inexperienced players can not make it work at all.

Though if you're a nightblade and still struggling against Dks/stamplars, maybe you should try another game because nothing is easier than stamblade right now.

This is such a bad comment. Templars literally ignore dodge which is any medium armor user's only source of mitigation as well as AoEing right through any stealth attempt.

I can, of course, kill a templar if I catch them in a nasty combo but Templars & DKs are currently hard-counters to NBs.

templars are literally getting meme'd by new shuffle. Same as DKs. What are you even talking about?

I love how all the BAD nightblades are jumping on me now that I exposed them for what they are. Nightblade gets the easiest time in medium armor period.

Anyone saying otherwise better come with a good reason or don't bother me with your ''but templars aoe hurr durr''
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 4, 2018 7:03AM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

templars are literally getting meme'd by new shuffle. Same as DKs. What are you even talking about?

I love how all the BAD nightblades are jumping on me now that I exposed them for what they are. Nightblade gets the easiest time in medium armor period.

Anyone saying otherwise better come with a good reason or don't bother me with your ''but templars aoe hurr durr''

Maybe, you never used Blade Cloak before lol. Medium brawler builds already use it to handle Templars, as dodge is useless.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭

1) Those changes aren't even live yet
    2) In my experience, whenever someone resorts to calling another player "bad" or "no skill" on forums, it means whatever point they're arguing is loaded with emotion and personal bias so you can completely disregard it as the whinging of an immature child. I'm going to take that approach here. Bye! :)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

A note about my build:

giphy.gif

Peter Pan

Thought it was "Hook"
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Zeromaz wrote: »

A note about my build:

giphy.gif

Peter Pan

Thought it was "Hook"

Yeeees there it is. Hook!
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure his GT is ReactFaster

I've killed him twice in solo situations (both in WW from), but he's got me so many more times. still, from facing him I learned how to handle other stamplars/stamsorcs (think he has one of each, and they both play similarly with flurry/jabs, bleeds, and ccs).

Yah my man react faster is dirty on the sticks
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    my incap non crit hit HA user for 5K. while sDK HA take flight non crit hit me for 9K.

max stam 34k, wp damage unbuffed 2.8k, 9k pen without major fracture.
    21k resistance buffed M/H 6/1.

nice game.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to pick and choose your targets. If you're focus is to kill heavy armor builds, you will need to create a build specifically for that. Keep in mind that many players create nuisance builds ... those seemingly unkillable builds.

Are you able to whittle their health down to execute range, and all of a sudden their health bar zooms to full? Think Troll King, Pirate Skeleton, or Earthgore. You're build will need to include a way to keep both major defile and minor defile on your target to help keep their health bar from continually yo-yoing while you burst them down.

Having difficulty getting their health bar down? It may not 'just' be a matter of heavy armor ... think Lord Warden, Mighty Chudan, or Blood Spawn. You should look at creating a bleed damage build that also puts major defile on them while bursting them down.

It's not 'just' that they wear heavy armor ... it's their entire build, of which, heavy armor is only a part.

You will also need a decent amount of penetration in your build when dealing with heavy armor opponents.
    Edited by Maryal on October 7, 2018 4:58AM
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about moving momentum to the medium armor tree and shuffle goes to two-handed?

It would make your decision a lot harder running medium or heavy.

Actually exactly what we want.
    PS5|EU
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously feel dk and templars are underestimated

They can be pretty badass and hard to kill as well

I stopped running medium with last update so we’ll see but seems like heavy will be king
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I can't get away from medium because of how effective roll dodge is.

What can't be dodged (for the most part) will have a 25% reduction from shuffle.

That's really all I need
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor has more dmg then medium, not because of heavy armor passives necessarily, but all the darn sets in heavy armor that has better 5th pieces bonuses then any sets in the game, examples are ravager, fury, seventh legion etc.. When you combine that with tankyness...well yea..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What can't be dodged (for the most part) will have a 25% reduction from shuffle.

That's really all I need

You are right and i like medium gameplay too.
    But on heavy you don't need roll dodge that often, so you can stay close to your target and keep attacking.

How long does a dodge roll take? Maybe 2 or 3 seconds until you can attack again.
    On heavy you can use these seconds to stay offensive.

In the end i also think you don't lose damage on heavy.
    Edited by Sun7dance on October 7, 2018 3:47PM
    PS5|EU
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    Most high end stam sorcs, stamplars, and stamblades are in medium.

Are we playing the same game? Every single high end non-gank build is heavy armor.

Watch King of Gamez stam sorc and stam dk videos, he X's in medium. I think he may do heavy warden tho.

Think most of his builds are fury/hundings/bloodspawn

Nah his stam sorc and Dk are both bone pirate and spriggans. He switches around but he still does great in medium
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »

That's really all I need

But on heavy you don't need roll dodge that often, so you can stay close to your target and keep attacking.

How long does a dodge roll take? Maybe 2 or 3 seconds until you can attack again.

Think you will see a lot more penetration this next patch now that it's no longer wasted on shield users. May not want to just eat the hits in heavy any more. Roll dodge, block, and flat damage reduction (evasion, protection, crit resist) will be what matters most.
    Edited by technohic on October 7, 2018 4:21PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »

That's really all I need

I BG, just meaning damage is like the third important consideration to me. I haven't ran a pure damage 5 set in a long time, no real need. Even with mediocre stats you can drop most players

I liked medium for dodgeroll - by which I mean medium passive + well fitted; this also links into the Sprint cost reduction - which will be even more important when trying to LoS in murk.

I guess I'm saying I take medium for it's defensive properties rather than it's offensive.

Though 15% wpn dmg is like 450 (a lot) passively

I also like the fact roll dodge movement isn't snared or slowed, so it's a distance maker in a world of slow.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds