Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear ZoS please reconsider the bear nerf

• Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

"Adapt or quit" I guess.

I have an Ice Mage Warden, and a Healer Bear Warden. This particular update is kicking both of them in the nuts.

I simply don't have the desire to adapt to senseless nerfs. IMHO, nerfs, especially ones that completely remove DPS from a skill, or heavily reduce DPS by a third of their previous value, should only be used as a last resort and only when there was a game-breaking imbalance where those skills were evidently in an overpowered state.

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was killed by bear. Bear OP. Please nerf bear. ~Your average ESO PvP'er, 2018~
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    New title for magdens coming in Murkmire, "Bag Space Node Collector Extraordinaire"

Hopefully the bear will be strong enough to protect me from the occasional skeever while I collect nodes. It could end up being an epic battle though, so there's always that. :)
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has no idea what they're doing.

Even with the bear, magicka warden is still tied for the lowest DPS in the game. But that means their DPS will go down in actual content where the AI runs into pathing issues and deals less DPS. It also can't be used in all content.

Discarding the bear in favour of another ultimate is still not viable. Madgden DPS drops even further without the bear (even with all the buffs to passives). The bear is also the only way to proc the Master Architect 5pc bonus. This is the ONLY group utility a magicka warden provides (sad, I know).

Mag sorc has no group utility
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started this thread but it kinda died out. It'd be nice if us wardens could push it back up. Maybe some dev can see it that way.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/438883/its-the-perfect-opportunity-to-buff-magden-by-reworking-eternal-guardian#latest
  • FrostFallFox
    FrostFallFox
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has no idea what they're doing.

Even with the bear, magicka warden is still tied for the lowest DPS in the game. But that means their DPS will go down in actual content where the AI runs into pathing issues and deals less DPS. It also can't be used in all content.

Discarding the bear in favour of another ultimate is still not viable. Madgden DPS drops even further without the bear (even with all the buffs to passives). The bear is also the only way to proc the Master Architect 5pc bonus. This is the ONLY group utility a magicka warden provides (sad, I know).

Mag sorc has no group utility

Minor Prophecy and Conduit Synergy :)
    \(^-,,-^)/
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    The bear is fine how it is.
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bear is fine how it is.

And that's the thing. It simply doesn't make sense to nuke it so hard when it wasn't over-performing in the first place.

That's the sort of decision that makes me lose faith they have any idea of what they are doing. That, coupled with the overwhelming message from the Warden community to stop the nerf from going Live, which they are ignoring. I mean, if 70% of the Warden base was saying it was a good idea, and about time! , then I might have to re-think my position and take another look at the numbers..but that simply isn't the case. It seems like they are doing this change simply because they want to do it, without a sound rationale.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • Glimmer50
    Glimmer50
    ✭✭
    No matter how I do the math it just doesn't add up to the warden doing more damage. Now, you are forced to slot all the animal skills and you STILL will not be doing enough DPS to make up for the 30% loss. I think this was way to big of a nerf. I just got off my warden and she is practically unplayable this way. The bear holds NO aggro at all and her DPS does not make up for it even if you slot every single animal companion skill.

Bear needs an increase now and the warden still needs an increase. I can't even play. Disgusted.
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really not looking forward to this update
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    To help ease my mind and maybe give some closure to myself and others who may feel the same way, I'd love some feedback about why such a change is going into effect.

They nerfed the bear so that they can buff other things, bringing warden base damage up and reducing the DPS gap between using the bear and using some other ultimate, which in turn makes the warden less reliant on the bear.

You can argue all day long whether or not that is good or bad, but that's the reasoning behind the nerf.

But I LIKE the fooking bear. Its the reason I play the warden the way I do. So the devs are TELLING me how to play my class. Not how I want to play it.

• Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just don't see why they needed to nerf the bear so hard without really buffing much in return.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pets are fine in general, but a lot of the scripting makes them wonky.

Pet commands are hit and miss, and I would love to have a "Focus" cmd to tell me pet to ignore adds and focus on thing while I kill another. <Not tied to heavy attacks*>
    Edited by karekiz on October 23, 2018 3:49PM