The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

First Time vMA run; A Journal and Place to Woosah [BEAT:9 Sept]

• boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    The best players are completely skipping the first CG on the final boss and going right up top, and then nuking him before the next CG spawns. That's pretty amazing.
    Check out this witchcraft (starting at 0:46):

WHAT?!! That's insane!
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭
    That cannot be done just like this by anyone, not on first run; tbh many thing can go wrong in my experience:

1) The ghosts expires after a while, if you are too slow on round 4 you simply can't bring a ghost till round 5

2) A *** of DPS is needed, that boss in this video is going down as fast as an elite add. I cant do that even with mael staff. Killed him in 10 secs (with the healer on back also healing him) that place your DPS at 90k MIN (add in says 100k but 90 should do). A player first approaching this place is probably spanning between 16-25k dps so this cant be done by just everyone ghost or no ghost.

That is a great execution let me be clear, but that's what it is an execution more than a fight and cannot be replicated without a proper (i mean godly) DPS

I'll wait for the day i'll be able to punish him this way, not today tho :smile:
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great strategy, I have to try it next time! I am working on a flawless run on my stam dk, if this works it would help a lot. Right now I am bursting him when the second CG comes, but sometimes it's tricky for me to stay alive after destroying the crystals long enough to get the synergy. It's mostly spamming Dragonscale, Vigor, Shield Bash and Roll Dodge until the synergy, lol.

On a side note, this strategy can work on the spider boss, too. If you get the timing right or a lucky, you can stun the spider very early in the fight.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noldornir wrote: »
    That cannot be done just like this by anyone, not on first run; tbh many thing can go wrong in my experience:

1) The ghosts expires after a while, if you are too slow on round 4 you simply can't bring a ghost till round 5

2) A *** of DPS is needed, that boss in this video is going down as fast as an elite add. I cant do that even with mael staff. Killed him in 10 secs (with the healer on back also healing him) that place your DPS at 90k MIN (add in says 100k but 90 should do). A player first approaching this place is probably spanning between 16-25k dps so this cant be done by just everyone ghost or no ghost.

That is a great execution let me be clear, but that's what it is an execution more than a fight and cannot be replicated without a proper (i mean godly) DPS

I'll wait for the day i'll be able to punish him this way, not today tho :smile:

He's probably pulling around 50k dps but it gets buffed by the spectral explosion.
    The guy is also wearing 5x Master Architect which gives major slayer (+30% dmg) for 10s on his destro ult.
    This allows him to burn the boss down quickly but its a very impressive achievement non the less.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noldornir wrote: »

Oh yea, to get to the boss with the spectral explosion ready, he must have burnt through round 5's ogrim like a hot knife through butter AND have some pretty good internet.

My experience is that the time between rounds can be nearly instantaneous or it can take about 30 seconds, which I imagine is enough time for that spectral explosion to run out. None the less, that is very impressive and way outside of the realm of possibility for myself and maybe even magic's period.

I'll be happy if and when I can burn him fast enough to just avoid the first CG and maybe even the CG following the crystal phase.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭
    WOW!! Amazing power!