Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Society of Scholars] Social Guild for Lore Fans +Story-Mode Dungeon Runs+

Robo_Hobo
Robo_Hobo
✭✭✭✭✭
[UPDATE] With the Frostvault and Depths of Malatar Dungeons being released as the beginning of the overarching storyline throughout the year, feel free to join our merry band of scholars on your quest runs through the dungeons, if you want to experience them at your own pace, explore everything and hear all of the dialogue! You don't have to be a member of the guild for this, just notify us on our discord that you would like to schedule a story-mode quest run for the dungeons, and we'll see who we can find for you. If you have your own friends or guild members to do the dungeon slowly with, great! But if not, we're here to help you get to experience the story. If you don't have or don't want to use Discord, message me in-game and I'll try to form a dungeon group and set a time that works for you as soon as I can. @Robo_Hobo

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/v6ysbnm

Hello! We're the Society of Scholars, a group of people that love the storylines of the Elder Scrolls Online, and talking about the lore of the Elder Scrolls Universe throughout the many games that we've had the chance to experience it through. We're a very laid-back guild with no activity, level or experience requirements that formed with the idea of bringing together people who share this interest, to engage in discussions in-game and on our discord, and to participate in ESO group activities together.

While we do the regular style of dungeon running, pledges and whatever achievements anyone wants to try to collect, we also offer people the chance to do dungeons in what we call a "Story Mode" style. If someone in our group has never done the dungeon before (or they have but only rushed it), and they want to experience the story of it at a slow pace so that they can read the dialogue and explore without feeling rushed, we let them. Some of the quests in the dungeons are quite interesting, and it's a shame that it's become difficult for a lot of people to get to do the quests in there this way, without story-dedicated groups that most players may not have access to.

You can expect our non-story mode dungeon runs to be equally as laid-back and pressure-free, even if we don't stop to read everything if everyone's done it before.

We're looking to expand our events into doing other things in the future too.

So, if any of this sounds like something you'd be interested in, let us know, and we'll send you an invite! Whether you're new to the game or the franchise, or a battle-hardened veteran, whether you're a loremaster or someone who's just started to take interest in the lore, whether you're online every day or only when new updates come out, you're welcome to be a part of our cult society.

I'm @Robo_Hobo in-game. Message me in-game or leave a message on this thread or on our discord server for a guild invite!
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/v6ysbnm
Edited by Robo_Hobo on February 20, 2019 9:43PM
  • xylus289_ESO
    xylus289_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like your idea of this sort of guild. I also really really want to experience dungeons without being rushed. It's the main reason why I haven't done too many of them yet.
    Edited by xylus289_ESO on July 30, 2018 4:43PM
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xylus289_ESO

I'm glad you like the idea behind it! Yeah, once we get enough people for it we can definitely start offering to help you and others to get a chance to experience group dungeons at a relaxed pace for the quests.

What's your in-game name? I'll send you an invite. :)
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New dungeons, new quests. Let us know if you want to do the new Wolfhunter dungeons with us as your first playthrough, to take it slow and explore before doing your regular runs for gear and achievements!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robo_Hobo: I'm.... not a big guild joiner. Mostly, I don't have much to offer guilds - too much lag (couple seconds usually) to do much with groups, I wouldn't ask a group to put up with that kind of lag! But your guild does sound interesting - I have some knowledge of the lore background, though in general I've been too busy playing the games to keep on top of the lore. I've played every ES game beginning with Arena when it released.

I wouldn't ask any of you to mess with my lag for dungeons for sure, but for convos about the games and lore, well, yes, I'd be interested.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sylvermynx

It's awesome that you've been a fan of TES from Arena! I've only started with Oblivion and played back as far as Morrowind myself.

We'd definitely love to have you, lag and all, in our conversations and our dungeons. Our story mode runs are specifically to help people who otherwise normally don't get the chance to do the dungeons, to be able to experience them, and the quests in them. They're a very relaxed pace. :)

We just did Banished Cells 1 the other day listening to all of the dialogue, reading every scrap of literature in the dungeon (which revealed new insights behind the quest there that I never had the chance to do before starting this guild), and even translating the Daedric words on the walls in some parts of the dungeon. (Although they usually just turned out to spell Molag Bal, he really likes having his name written everywhere lol)

And I definitely understand being too busy playing the game to catch up on all of the lore always. TES has a lot of it, and I love learning about it as well as playing the games. I like to see it as: Always having something new to learn.

I'll send you an invite when I get home later today :)
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome about the dungeon run - sounds like loads of fun! And thanks for the invitation too!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now this is interesting.
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sevalaricgirl

I really want to do dungeons but not be rushed through them. I have a lot of lowbies and 2 vets but I have done maybe 2 dungeons. BTW, I've been in the game since beta but all my friends left the game. I'm CP324. My vets are DK but she's not a tank and a nightblade that only uses bow and dual daggers, no other skills. I wanted one non magic character.
  • Wickedsmaht
    Hi Robo!

Your guild sounds great. I'll take an invite if your'e still looking for more :)

@Wickedsmaht B)
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wickedsmaht @Sevalaricgirl

Awesome, I'll invite you both! We can definitely offer you that opportunity Sev, we just did a run of the Falkreath Hold the other day in our story-mode style runs, it was great to finally get the chance to read all of the dialogue and notes, and enjoy the beautiful scenery. :)

• Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the invite. I have a friend who just came back to the game. @wrecktifier Send him an invite too. I'll let him know about the guild.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, I'll send him one now! :)
  • DwellsInNorthwest
    @Robo_Hobo
    sounds great, I'd like to join your guild. IGN @Kallixenia.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, sent you an invite @DwellsInNorthwest Hope to see you in the guild soon. :)
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you accept Vampires and Assassins? I'm just, uh, asking for a friend...
    "Morally Decentralized."
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lecarcajou_ESO

Hehe, yes we do accept them. We don't discriminate between diseases and criminal records :P

After all, sometimes you need to be able to live long enough to learn everything, and Vampirism is a means to attain that...and how else to learn and document all information about a secret cult of assassins, than to join them directly? ;)

• Almyria
    Almyria
    Hi Robo
    This is a wonderful idea for a guild! I've been playing the TES games since Arena and the smaller stories behind the scenes have always been one of my favourite parts of the lore. You sort of get used to being able to see and do everything in those solo games but since joining ESO i think I've only been able to really enjoy the experience of a dungeon once in about a dozen runs! I'm in South Africa and so my hours ingame end up being a little different to most folks in the US but I'd still love to join your guild. My main is a Redguard Stamblade around 280 cp and my id is @Almyria. Hope to hear from you soon!
    Only the Darkness is Eternal. For even in the brightest daylight there are always Shadows
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Almyria

Hey, well then, I hope to be able to help you get more chances to enjoy the group dungeon quests and exploration experience! :) I'll send you an invite soon, after I get home from work today.

It's awesome that you've been playing TES since Arena!
  • Almyria
    Almyria
    Hey again Robo
    Thanks for the invite. I'm just surprised to find someone who remembers what Arena was! That was quite a long time ago :)
    Only the Darkness is Eternal. For even in the brightest daylight there are always Shadows
  • Starsworn
    Starsworn
    Soul Shriven
    This is exactly the kind of guild I was looking for! I am new to ESO but a longtime TES fan, since Daggerfall I would say, though Morrowind was my true love growing up!

If you don't mind a newbie like myself I would love to join. :blush:
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

In game name is @Jazdia. I'm primarily on the EU server, but I've started a char on the NA server so I can stop and enjoy the game a bit more without all the rush of my 'primary' server.

If you think I'll fit, please invite me.

Thanks.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Starsworn

Heya, no problem, new players are welcome as much as veterans! I'll send you an invite in-game. :)

@Jazdia

Indeed, a lot of us here like to take our time with things, especially quests and dungeon quests. I think You'll fit in with the scholars. I'll send you an invite as well. :)

• Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    Perfect, thanks! I’ll check my notifications tonight.
  • Qualanthar
    Qualanthar
    ✭✭
    Hello.

I am about to reach CP 160 so will be looking to find a group to do dungeons with soon. I love the lore in this game so you folks sound like a good match!
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello. I would love an invite to the cult 😋

I think everyone that wishes too should be able to experience the dungeon and other group content stories.

@ osteos
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qualanthar @Osteos

I sent an invite to both of ya :)

Looking forward to doing some story mode dungeons with you! Welcome to the cult guild! :D
  • Jezria
    Jezria
    Hi - I am interested in slowing down the pace and running story mode and would like to join the Society of Scholars.

@Squeaks_Malloy

Thanks!
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jezria

Heya, I sent you an invite to the guild. :)

Hope to see you soon, and look forward to running story mode with ya sometime!
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't mind newbies, I'd love to join as well! :) I'm @Vinterskald there as well.
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vinterskald

Sure, absolutely! :smile:

I'll send you an invite as soon as I get home from work.