The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can this game support map, skyshard, motif sharing account wide?

• FluffyDragg0n
    idk wrote: »
    1) Acquiring skill points, like skyshards, is inconvenient for you. Therefore all 408 skill points in the game should be granted to every character you create.

It is not clear you are just trolling and not serious about this idea. Pretty lame troll though.

yea. that... is aimed at me. not at the topic. there are people like him/her.
    I luv dragons.
  • Bladehawk
    Bladehawk
    ✭✭
    The world would be a lot simpler if game designers could think like players and not like, well, game designers.
    Bladehawk wrote: »
    You consider that you should farm 16 times 400+ Skyshards?
    Why must you get every Skyshard on every character?

Why must you eat food besides bread? Bread and water for life.

Reason is simple. Because its there and it can be taken. I just find it very strange that someone decided to have people hunt for them every time they want them. If they were to release a number of players that have on the same account multiple characters with all the skyshards I doubt that number would hit 30%.

Are you saying that you can't control your impulses and you must claim them because they exist? That's not ZOS's problem, though I suppose you could use the cop-out of "they're using predatory game mechanics to manipulate me". But I don't think you're saying that, not really, because you're arguing for a system where you DON'T have to do that on every character.

The reason few, if any, players have collected all Skyshards on all characters is because it's not necessary. There's a cost to doing it - time - and why would you spend time on something if you don't need it, or don't enjoy the process of getting it?

I think you would help your understanding of why it is the way it is if you didn't think like a player for a moment and at least tried to think like a game developer. No, I'm not saying go out and get a degree, but I'm suggesting you look at it from the studio's point of view. There's value in repeatable content, even if it's tedious or excessive to some. As a player, you want to skip the grind. As a developer, they want you to do the grind. Not have the option to do it. They could do a lot worse by designing the game in a way where you HAD to collect every Skyshard on every character in order to be competitive in a chosen game format. But that's not the case, is it?
  • FluffyDragg0n
    I make a character and get it to level 50. I get 300 skyshards. I make a second character and until level 50, at level 38 for example I decide I need SP so I go hunt 16 skyshards (these can be different from the 300 or the same). At level 50 I will have an option to unify them and the game ill do the math of how many unique skyshards I have and grant me the rest of the SP.
    I simply see 0 downfall in this. Put a break where this idea is bad.

Comment on this scenario and point what could become an issue?
    I luv dragons.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reason is simple. Because its there and it can be taken. I just find it very strange that someone decided to have people hunt for them every time they want them. If they were to release a number of players that have on the same account multiple characters with all the skyshards I doubt that number would hit 30%.

Skyshards...compared to....food.........

I've seen enough. You're clearly trolling at this point.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    Numerikuu wrote: »

you actually took the time to quote it. good. now take the time to understand the meaning.
    I luv dragons.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you actually took the time to quote it. good. now take the time to understand the meaning.

Considering you don't take the time to understand nor read other people's thoroughly written replys, why in the name of oblivion should I do the same for you?

Toodles~
  • FluffyDragg0n
    The world would be a lot simpler if game designers could think like players and not like, well, game designers.

Are you saying that you can't control your impulses and you must claim them because they exist? That's not ZOS's problem, though I suppose you could use the cop-out of "they're using predatory game mechanics to manipulate me". But I don't think you're saying that, not really, because you're arguing for a system where you DON'T have to do that on every character.

The reason few, if any, players have collected all Skyshards on all characters is because it's not necessary. There's a cost to doing it - time - and why would you spend time on something if you don't need it, or don't enjoy the process of getting it?

I think you would help your understanding of why it is the way it is if you didn't think like a player for a moment and at least tried to think like a game developer. No, I'm not saying go out and get a degree, but I'm suggesting you look at it from the studio's point of view. There's value in repeatable content, even if it's tedious or excessive to some. As a player, you want to skip the grind. As a developer, they want you to do the grind. Not have the option to do it. They could do a lot worse by designing the game in a way where you HAD to collect every Skyshard on every character in order to be competitive in a chosen game format. But that's not the case, is it?

you are basically saying that such grind is ok. I understand grinding for gear. but gear and skyshards are different things. I am stating that no one wants to grind skyshards in their current state. Waste of content. Grinding level, and quests for SP I see everyone do it. For skyshards..... no I don't see. Actually I see even less people that do it once since there is no real benefit to them because they are limited to only 1 character.

Again. I state one thing. None of you actually consider the skyshard business convenient at this point. Excuse yourself as you may. If i were to check every and each one of you, most would be with 0 characters with full skyshards some would have 1-2 chars with skyshard completion and maybe 1-2 with 16 chars every single one with all the skyshards.
    I luv dragons.
  • FluffyDragg0n

Considering you don't take the time to understand nor read other people's thoroughly written replys, why in the name of oblivion should I do the same for you?

Toodles~

You know me so well. bye bye
    I luv dragons.
  • Bladehawk
    Bladehawk
    ✭✭
    you are basically saying that such grind is ok. I understand grinding for gear. but gear and skyshards are different things. I am stating that no one wants to grind skyshards in their current state. Waste of content. Grinding level, and quests for SP I see everyone do it. For skyshards..... no I don't see. Actually I see even less people that do it once since there is no real benefit to them because they are limited to only 1 character.

Again. I state one thing. None of you actually consider the skyshard business convenient at this point. Excuse yourself as you may. If i were to check every and each one of you, most would be with 0 characters with full skyshards some would have 1-2 chars with skyshard completion and maybe 1-2 with 16 chars every single one with all the skyshards.
    It's a damn good thing I don't have to grind for Skyshards, then. If I did, I'd be pretty angry!
    Edited by Bladehawk on October 1, 2018 5:32PM
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    At best I can see the achievements as accountwide. But at the heart of this game is an RPG, and having your character earn the xp and skills to become more powerful is part of the process of an RPG.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    Taking your time to gather them once... its a pleasure. Gathering them for the first time knowing the hell that awaits ( you have to do it for every character) yeah.... do show me the number of people that actually got all the skyshards on multiple characters. And also lets ask people that don't have them on more than one character... why? Most will say that they don't need. But if they will get them they will use them. simple as that. the human point of view.
    I luv dragons.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    At best I can see the achievements as accountwide. But at the heart of this game is an RPG, and having your character earn the xp and skills to become more powerful is part of the process of an RPG.

yes. I agree. but I am saying something different. NO ONE IS GOING TO GET ALL THE SKYSHARDS ON EVERY CHARACTER. Taking this into account... what would you do? le them stay there, Ignore them, or find a way to make them more pleasant.

No one wanted tha pathfinder achievement. Put a mount, pet and house as rewards..... EvEryONE loses their minds and gets tha pathfinder achievement.

No one wants to grind the skyshards at their current state. SAY THAT IF YOU GET THEM ONCE EVERY CHARACTER WILL GET THEM AT LEVEL 50*. AND EVERYONE WILL GO FOR THEM AS THEY WILL BECOME A PLEASANT GRIND.

Counter arguments? pretty much saying I am not right here..... well take time and think what that will imply.
    I luv dragons.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yes. I agree. but I am saying something different. NO ONE IS GOING TO GET ALL THE SKYSHARDS ON EVERY CHARACTER. Taking this into account... what would you do? le them stay there, Ignore them, or find a way to make them more pleasant.

No one wanted tha pathfinder achievement. Put a mount, pet and house as rewards..... EvEryONE loses their minds and gets tha pathfinder achievement.

No one wants to grind the skyshards at their current state. SAY THAT IF YOU GET THEM ONCE EVERY CHARACTER WILL GET THEM AT LEVEL 50*. AND EVERYONE WILL GO FOR THEM AS THEY WILL BECOME A PLEASANT GRIND.

Counter arguments? pretty much saying I am not right here..... well take time and think what that will imply.

Many people TRIED to discuss and counter your points, but they were met with insults and dismissed by you. It seems that if someone has a different view than yours, they are just ignorant trolls.

I'm not going to counter your foolish idea any more, nor am I going to prove that I have several characters with all the skyshards and a full time job - that is just a stupid thing to ask someone to prove.

You simply don't listen to anyone with a different point of view.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) Acquiring skill points, like skyshards, is inconvenient for you. Therefore all 408 skill points in the game should be granted to every character you create.

tf is the math here? 408 sp? show me the numbers.

There are presently 408 skill points in the game. Look it up yourself. There are numerous sources.

2) Levelling should be removed from the game. Levelling takes time. It is inconvenient for you. Therefore all new characters you create should start at champion rank.

At this point I can shout troll, and I'd be right

On the contrary, I clearly stated that these items are the logical conclusion of your argument. This is not 'trolling'. This is a tool in debate: extend an opponent's argument to its ridiculous conclusion.

3) Gameplay skill takes a great deal of time. Mastering a class, learning game mechanics, and overcoming challenges all require a significant amount of practice. This is inconvenient for you. Therefore remove all abilities from the game and replace them with a one-shot kill button.

I hear your mother calling in the kitchen. Go wash dishes.

Wtf. I mean what kind of chemistry must happen in the brain to write such a thing? If you don't like the topic..... go troll LoL forums.

And here we have a pair of actual 'trolling' statements. It's an old axiom in debate that once your opponent resorts to insults, he has lost. I'll guess I'll accept this proof that my arguments are superior to yours.

Your entire post is aimed at me. Just mocking me. No ideas, no counter arguments, not even 1 simple good thing came out of all that typing. You consider that you should farm 16 times 400+ Skyshards? Prove to me that you did. Otherwise.... what is the point of you being here?

My friend... you started this thread. You posited an argument. Ipso facto, you invited debate. I have offered you several well-reasoned arguments supporting my view in opposition to yours. It's not mockery of you. You simply fail to consider that other players have different opinions than yours.

Your response?
    Insults, insinuations of deceit, insinuations of fraud, and demands of proof you fully know are impossible to provide.

You're not debating. And in answer to your threats that attempt to shut me down... I invite you to report me.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    One thing I agree. This went from can the game support to can the players support. All those that opposed never ever came with a good reason to state why. And I also bet that if they were to show their current characters, they would fall under the category where they ask or encourage others to do what even they wouldn't.
    I luv dragons.
  • FluffyDragg0n

Many people TRIED to discuss and counter your points, but they were met with insults and dismissed by you. It seems that if someone has a different view than yours, they are just ignorant trolls.

I'm not going to counter your foolish idea any more, nor am I going to prove that I have several characters with all the skyshards and a full time job - that is just a stupid thing to ask someone to prove.

do pm me, add me on discord, show me your many characters with skyshards and I will simply end this topic here.

Also, I don't listen to those that say: "Grinding skyshards on all your characters is the games ideas for X reason" but in truth.... they would like them. They would like those skyshards. If only there would be another way.

I've met many prideful people that can't say what they want because of their false pride. So many. I simply state what I want. And the only way to stop me.... is showing me that my current method is wrong. SHOW me the amount of time you poured into getting 16 characters with all the skyshards and I will simply feel embarrassed that I tried to find the easy way out. And I will stop.

Bark at me and I won't stop moving. Prove to me my path is wrong and I will seek another.
    Edited by FluffyDragg0n on October 1, 2018 6:07PM
    I luv dragons.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    therif. I blocked you mins ago (if not hours). I just see your name and nothing more. Stop. I won't read them.
    I luv dragons.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like one thing to be clear. I strongly oppose OP's suggestion. I have offered several thorough explanations why I oppose OP's suggestion. I am enjoying the debate.

Despite the OP's less-than-civil responses to my arguments, I am doing my best to stay focused on the topic and avoid responding to OP's less-than-civil remarks in kind. It's obvious that OP feels as passionately about this issue as I; it is unfortunate that OP feels threats are now necessary to terminate the debate.

Should a moderator review this thread, I hope that my statement above is carefully considered.

• FluffyDragg0n
    therif, stop watching this topic. Help your parents, take a walk, do something better.

You simply stated that this topic and me are this and that. Go now. There is nothing here left for you.
    Edited by FluffyDragg0n on October 1, 2018 6:09PM
    I luv dragons.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    therif. I blocked you mins ago (if not hours). I just see your name and nothing more. Stop. I won't read them.

Wow. I mean wow.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

do pm me, add me on discord, show me your many characters with skyshards and I will simply end this topic here.

Also, I don't listen to those that say: "Grinding skyshards on all your characters is the games ideas for X reason" but in truth.... they would like them. They would like those skyshards. If only there would be another way.

I've met many prideful people that can't say what they want because of their false pride. So many. I simply state what I want. And the only way to stop me.... is showing me that my current method is wrong. SHOW me the amount of time you poured into getting 16 characters with all the skyshards and I will simply feel embarrassed that I tried to find the easy way out. And I will stop.

Bark at me and I won't stop moving. Prove to me my path is wrong and I will seek another.

I can assure you, I am not going to "prove" anything to you.

Nobody is trying to stop you from stating your case, but you simply refuse to acknowledge anyone that has a counter point.

• Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »

Wow. I mean wow.

Are you surprised? You had the audacity to disagree and have a valid point. Shame on you.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »
    No, just no.
    You have to explore and unlock things on each toon for a reason. Without the grind the game would get boring very quickly.
    Why do people want easy mode give me everything right now, where's the fun and challenge in that?

Who the heck would agree with that? Ive ran dungeons and public dungeons and PvP PvE on so many toons to get ready for stuff. And grinding. Grinding not fun. Mages guild so totally blows. On ten toons. So yeah. Give me the easy button.
  • FluffyDragg0n

I can assure you, I am not going to "prove" anything to you.

Nobody is trying to stop you from stating your case, but you simply refuse to acknowledge anyone that has a counter point.

Counter point with no proof.
    I luv dragons.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    Now back to topic. How many here actually have all the skyshards on multiple characters? And proof. Those have the right to counter point.

I will listen gladly to those. Rest are just barks.
    I luv dragons.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »

Wow. I mean wow.

Are you surprised? You had the audacity to disagree and have a valid point. Shame on you.

I guess I should have expected that after the OP went off the rails. Does this mean I won? lol
  • FluffyDragg0n
    Saying that zos doesn't want to lose money, the mindless grind is necessary, or just stating that I am not right. Have no place here. Either prove that the game will break like in the case of motifs, or prove that you actually have all the skyshards on all the characters. Otherwise don't suggest to others what you yourself wouldn't do. Just because something is there doesn't mean it has to or its the final form/idea or is the only way to he. Things can be changed if given reasons.

So far... all those opposing have 0 rights to do so.
    I luv dragons.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, of course players would want free skill points. This is your argument supporting your position? Give it to them 'just because'?

There are at least two supporters of your argument who offered solid reasons why something along the lines of what you suggest should be implemented. Perhaps you should review what they posted and consider adding their reasons to your one single reason that it is inconvenient for you to walk around collecting free skill points.

Or am I still blocked because you can't counter my position?
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saying that zos doesn't want to lose money, the mindless grind is necessary, or just stating that I am not right. Have no place here. Either prove that the game will break like in the case of motifs, or prove that you actually have all the skyshards on all the characters. Otherwise don't suggest to others what you yourself wouldn't do. Just because something is there doesn't mean it has to or its the final form/idea or is the only way to he. Things can be changed if given reasons.

So far... all those opposing have 0 rights to do so.

So you're giving impossible choices, because everyone has already proven you wrong? Wow, how childish. You just can't accept the truth that theres an absolute ton of people who dont want skill points (and other stuff) to be account wide.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

This post is to let you know that we've gone ahead and closed this thread. The reason being that this thread seems to have derailed into flaming and baiting, which is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.