Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would anyone like an overgrown Alyied Ruin as a home?

Vanthras79
Vanthras79
✭✭✭✭✭
Would anyone like to make a home out of an abandoned alyied ruin? Imagine the sun and foliage of the surface sneaking through an opening in the ceiling vaults. The sound of rushing water passing over the ruined halls. The perfect hide away for a den of thieves, or necromancers, or vampires... A reculsive home for a reclusive mage who only wants to read his/her books away from the bothersome rabble. I for one would consider the idea of a home based around an aylied ruin.

Let me know what you all think.
Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

Would anyone like an overgrown Alyied Ruin as a home? 97 votes

Yes!
76%
moonsugar66BlueRavenPinesyalenae1b14_ESOIruil_ESOstarlizard70ub17_ESODarkhorse1975OlauronMornaBaineArcirisEdziuJaeysaIlluvatarrLarianaAdamskiAldersScythe_MercerMacCaitLuigi_VampaKr3doLadyNalcarya 74 votes
No!
12%
laurajfPuzzlenutsMaisonNaeviusThannazzarFakeFoxAurieM_VolsunghuschdeguddzjeTeutoburgerAshrynXeriktenAlinhbo_Tyaka 12 votes
Maybe so! (explain)
11%
Sotha_SilDraxysNolaArchDBZVelenasharquezPrayingSeraphTelvanniWizardghastleyBretonMageStarlockskrvbb10rd 11 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    This is giving me hardcore TES IV Oblivion feels. That nostalgia, man.

RhnKpXD.jpg
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 29, 2018 10:47PM
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    giphy.gif
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    great idea
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Vampires, thieves, murderers, bandits, I’m pretty sure I have a character who is all these things and this sounds like a perfect hideaway for him....
    Between oblivion, ESO and the spectacular beyond Skyrim mod (while on console using this mod, limited to 3 ruins to visit, those ruins were spectacular)
    I see no shortage of inspiration for ZoS to make an Ayleid ruin style home. although I think my personal expectations of one such home may be a little high, I don’t think I’d be disappointed as long as it gave off the right vibes :smile:

Also on an unrelated note... the mage part of your post OP makes me think that they should add in those old mage towers (you know the ones like what Barilzar lives in) in vvardenfell as a nice smaller home :smile:
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Would rather have a daedric one!
  • Rhoande
    Rhoande
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    Yes, I also want caves. And many, many of the outlaw refuges stripped down so we have to make our own ramps and such. I want more small homes, ruined homes, more 'natural' homes, and empty areas.. More blank slates, basically.

Not every character would own a fancy manor. Some people have characters that would rather make a cozy place in an abandoned ruin, or vestibule, or crypt...
    Edited by Rhoande on October 1, 2018 4:03PM
  • mpicklesster
    mpicklesster
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I would sell my own kid for an Aylied home. Well, I don't have a kid, but I would steal someone else's baby and sell it to get an Aylied home.

^P.S. Just to clarify for the ZOS Mods, that was a joke.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I would sell my own kid for an Aylied home. Well, I don't have a kid, but I would steal someone else's baby and sell it to get an Aylied home.

^P.S. Just to clarify for the ZOS Mods, that was a joke.

Gotta be careful with the mods. :wink:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    No!
    no
    I don't want to buy a fix it upper B)
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I am just going to necro this thread, for my soon-to-be necromancer's dream of a workshop/home.

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe so! (explain)
    Since they were favourites of Necromancers in TES IV: Oblivion, that does appear to be a good time to do this.

However, since ESO is set a bit earlier, I'd prefer one that's not so much a ruin, as well-hidden. For those who used the mod "The Ayleid Steps", the idea of portals accessing an Ayleid structure/location, that has not been degraded by time, is familiar. I'd like one in good condition, rather than a ruin.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    Yes, I have suggested this to my friends but I seemed to be the only one interested.

My first concern was that it would be too dark, but every house is very dark whether it has windows or not.
    It might be hard to decorate the walls, though.

I also don't have any of the Ayleid furnishing recipes and they are expensive to buy from guild traders still (though not as bad as Alinor ones).
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Love the idea!
    ghastley wrote: »
    Since they were favourites of Necromancers in TES IV: Oblivion, that does appear to be a good time to do this.

However, since ESO is set a bit earlier, I'd prefer one that's not so much a ruin, as well-hidden. For those who used the mod "The Ayleid Steps", the idea of portals accessing an Ayleid structure/location, that has not been degraded by time, is familiar. I'd like one in good condition, rather than a ruin.

And that's even a better one!
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe so! (explain)
    Overgrown? No. Would probably be impossible to furnish due to the low cap. A little ruin, though, with 350/700 slots could be something.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Would anyone like to make a home out of an abandoned alyied ruin? Imagine the sun and foliage of the surface sneaking through an opening in the ceiling vaults. The sound of rushing water passing over the ruined halls. The perfect hide away for a den of thieves, or necromancers, or vampires... A reculsive home for a reclusive mage who only wants to read his/her books away from the bothersome rabble. I for one would consider the idea of a home based around an aylied ruin.

Let me know what you all think.

Yes! Especially if it featured outside areas as well as underground halls. I tried to recreate my own in the Coldharbour estate, but an actual proper ruin would be awesome to have as player housing.

xvJqc3L.png

m5jaoad.jpg
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Again, don't see why not, since we have a decent amount of Ayleid themed furnishings from both recipes and luxury vendor, and not so many opportunities to actually utilize these things.

It would be nice to see some Tamriel history celebration event, which could raise the drop rates for recipes of non-existent civilizations (ayleids, dwemers, maybe even mayan-murkmire recipes) and introduce some thematic houses and furniture packages (some of us are still waiting for dwemer pipes packs to return) during some available weekend
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on February 14, 2019 12:54PM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    I'm not really into the ruin look. If they offered a pristine version I might consider it.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Yes, give me The Nexus from Murkmire, with the portals going to each floating room.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    umm hell yeah? anything overgrown is sick
    at a place nobody knows
  • Scythe_Mercer
    Scythe_Mercer
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    This is giving me hardcore TES IV Oblivion feels. That nostalgia, man.

RhnKpXD.jpg

You read my mind exactly, gimme that nostalgia back please. I have quite a handful of characters that would live in an Ayleid ruin (rp sense) but the overall option for EVERYONE to obtain an Ayleid home would be fantastic...Too many Dwemer based homes nowadays *I mean what*
  • wnights
    wnights
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    So many things I would love as a home...
    1. the ground floor of Vivec cantons is closed ( could be turned into a bigger apartment)
    2. Anvil lighthouse but without the snow
    3. House in Belmora
    4. Alinor medium home with a garden in a semi-remote area
    5. A medium sized cave ( thief's den)

There are so many you can come up with, I don't know why the don't just turn all those locked doors into houses
    Keirah Belmore - Dark elf Magblade
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Yes, give me The Nexus from Murkmire, with the portals going to each floating room.
    So much this. Right now I have only a Psijic Villa as a temporary home for my ayleid prince. Everything else is not magical enough.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.