The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Now that many of us have gotten our 100k gold reward...

• Pennylong
    Pennylong
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine and went on a shopping spree. i have spent a lot of mine of motiffs and crafting mats.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first month I havent bothered with the daily login. 100k for what? To buy more junk to attempt more content I cant complete? For those of us stuck in the limbo between normal mode being faceroll boring and vet mode being impossible, there’s not much point
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing about this reward is that the gold that stays in the game will eventually go to the players who didn't need it.

Not all the gold stays in the game. Plenty of gold sinks. How many will use it on outfitting? Golden Vendor or Luxury? Upgrading Bank or Bag Space? These are just a few. I spent mine on the glowing plants in the Luxury Vendor.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The thing about this reward is that the gold that stays in the game will eventually go to the players who didn't need it.

Actually eventually it will find itself in the hands of a trade guild and work it's way out of the game
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RD065 wrote: »
    You can earn 100k in a few hours. Did you know that?

Not all of us can.

sure you can. don't have to be max level for it OR be in a trading guild either, din't even need to have any DLC's. just need to have a few alts and some patience. don't even need to be high level alts. want me secret? STEALING! you go to Daggerfal city in glenumbra. there are 2 ships at the docks. there are no npc's inside the ships, so stealing is super easy without getting caught. and right there at the docks, there is also a fence. loot everything. keep treasures (early on white treasures are fine), delete everything else. fence your loot at the nearby refuge, repeat until you hit fence limit for the day (since you don't have to hide or anything, its pretty fast to run through both ships). switch characters. it may take you 2 days of real time, becasue of fence limits on new characters that don't have legerdemain leveled up, but of played time - this will be a few hours. spread across 2 days.

there are other ways to make gold as a low level player. some require trading guild. some don't. I mean.. crafting writs can be done at lvl 6 and require NO skill points, just a grabbing every resource you come across and stashing it (craft bag helps, but stashing in a bank also works) and even at level 6 they pay like 2.5 K ish per character for relatively little work invested.

but the point is, while 100k IS awesome for someone who has trouble making gold, for essentially just logging in every day for a month? on a larger scale of things, in this game making that 100k IS very doable for anyone. the topic of this thread is whether players getting that 100k will negatively affect the economy at large. and what we are saying is - becasue making 100k is very doable fairly quickly for even low level solo player? no. economy will be just fine. you get to play with one time gold windfall, which is great for you. and player driven economy? will continue marching on, becasue there are a LOT of things on this game that sell for farm more then 100k already, BECAUSE gold is very doable to make and continue to make.

in a nutshell. there are no negatives to this 100k reward and only positives.
    Edited by Linaleah on September 30, 2018 3:44PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first month I havent bothered with the daily login. 100k for what? To buy more junk to attempt more content I cant complete? For those of us stuck in the limbo between normal mode being faceroll boring and vet mode being impossible, there’s not much point

that depends entirely on whether dungeons are the only content that interests you. just in this thread alone - you see people spending that gold on crafting. on furnishings. on motifs. people play for variety of reasons and all those playstyles can be enhanced with some gold influx.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that many of us have gotten our 100k gold reward...

....and burned it all on furniture for the new house.

What were you saying again? Something about the supply of gold in the economy dropping sharply?
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved the 100k and spent it all (and a little more I had saved) on three bank upgrades. I don't think that will add much to inflation.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bananko wrote: »
    ... Will the price of everything in the game now increase ten-fold (or even a hundred-fold) to compensate for inflation or whatever? :open_mouth:

A good farmer can make 100k in a little over hour and half. A bad farmer, maybe in 3 hours. Dungeoning or questing, you get 10k per hour or so. 100k is great for new players, but is very little money otherwise.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Lysette wrote: »
    It had this effect on denata, like I told above - so to me this was awesome, because i was nearly out of those, and now I have 1.3k of them for not even 7k in total. A day before I had a hard time to find any - and now that cheap, really nice deal made.

I would say, denata r hard to find, cause a lot of ppl dont know that they actually sell and u have only 30 slots in a tradeguild (afaik?) so putting up items that go for 5g/ea needs a certain level of despair. As in if u put a single culanda cookie u get double the amount of money.

on topic, i'd guess most of the free gold is now slumbering in the hoards of the wealthy.

This is why I have a hard time finding stuff I want to buy from guild traders. People in trade guilds are under so much pressure to maximise their sales that they won't 'waste' space on the stuff I want to buy.

I have to use TTC to find traders with less serious guilds selling stuff I want, or just stick to using what I can find. Which is generally ok but seems very clunky when I'm used to games where everyone can trade.

One of the reasons you have 5 guilds is so everyone can trade and do other stuff, and also, look for smaller traders. The loners, the far away cities with multiple traders, dunno. I can find anything cheap on those "no requirement" trading guilds because lots of low level people sell anything to make money. You wanna find the trading guilds that sell under 5mi monthly and you'll find the stuff you can't find in bug ones because of sales pressure. This game is actually really good for this.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... Will the price of everything in the game now increase ten-fold (or even a hundred-fold) to compensate for inflation or whatever? :open_mouth:

Well, the day before most got their 100k, I was looking for denata runes - not many to find or too expensive. Today i got 1.3k of them for cheap (as in 200 for 1000 gold), guess because people will now use rekuta or even kuta instead of denata and wanted to get rid of their denata.

I leave my Denata behind in rune towers, once I find more than 3 already-opened chests.

• Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    eso_nya wrote: »
    It had this effect on denata, like I told above - so to me this was awesome, because i was nearly out of those, and now I have 1.3k of them for not even 7k in total. A day before I had a hard time to find any - and now that cheap, really nice deal made.

I would say, denata r hard to find, cause a lot of ppl dont know that they actually sell and u have only 30 slots in a tradeguild (afaik?) so putting up items that go for 5g/ea needs a certain level of despair. As in if u put a single culanda cookie u get double the amount of money.

on topic, i'd guess most of the free gold is now slumbering in the hoards of the wealthy.

This is why I have a hard time finding stuff I want to buy from guild traders. People in trade guilds are under so much pressure to maximise their sales that they won't 'waste' space on the stuff I want to buy.

I have to use TTC to find traders with less serious guilds selling stuff I want, or just stick to using what I can find. Which is generally ok but seems very clunky when I'm used to games where everyone can trade.

You touch the guild problem with a needle.
    My ongoing complaint on this issue has seen me suspended. Clearly, change is not wanted.

Somewhere in the distance, a sethdog barks..
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I appreciated the 100k as it put me a bit over a million in the bank. Now everyone can hang onto their gold for a while - and when "hanging onto it" means they wind up in two or three days with 10k or so each, I'll go back to banking it. I don't know what I want to do with it yet - so I'm not going to do anything with it for a while.

Too bad it's not RL money *sigh*.
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if someone like Bill Gates scoffs at a free 100k.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not get the 100k because of Hurricane Florence. Lost power for over four days. Anyways I could of cared less about the rewards was more worried about the Hurricane damage.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 100k on my main accounts wasn't a big deal because I am in several trading guilds and I can make 100k pretty quickly. On my EU accounts it was very welcome as I'm not in any trading guilds and I don't play there as much. So I plan to get enchanting leved to 50 so this one is buying glyphs.
  • Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭

Not at all, you can make 100k in a few hours, its really not that much for those who make bank.
    (MC) Main DPS: Redz Kuinn - Lvl 50 - MagSorc - PvE
    Main Healer: Soranna Anilu - Lvl 50 - Templar - PvE
    Main Tank: Seamus Kuinn - Lvl 50 - Dragonknight - PvE
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u can easily make 100k a day, just from doing the dailies that gives motifs and sell them, of course you need some good rng also
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay only 6 more months like this last one and I can pay off my bounty!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get 100K gold minimum at the end of every month from End of Campaign rewards on 15 characters. And I am sure others do as well. The 100K daily reward is a drop in the bucket.

On top of that, spend an hour at the dolmens in Deshan or Bangkori and sell any spriggans or mothers sorrow purple jewelry you get. Easily 40K per piece.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TY ZoS
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Went into my bank because i have nothing to use it on..
  • fojo82
    fojo82
    ✭✭✭

No, not at all. Already spent my gold on a single crown crate.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I doubt it. The people most active in buying have way more than that. I got 300k gold from the rewards, but I'm already sitting on over 5m gold.

I actually posted motifs and blue furniture recipes this weekend at higher prices and they moved pretty quick. But that might be a really short term blip. For things like motifs, it could lead to higher prices if it helps deplete reserves people have from the anniversary. That is what I am still selling right now. But the increased gold won't matter much.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My prediction is the most accessible guild traders raising their prices a bit and then the player sales shifting to the lower priced traders in dlc zones. So just a migration of traffic.

Edited by Red_Feather on October 1, 2018 2:24PM
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    ya i wasn't happy this month i log everyday for months on end and the one time im away we get a decent reward.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA