The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

does this mean no 100k gold reward for me?

• OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to get it on my main, but missed out on my alt. I knew I was a day behind on my alt.

It resets here are 10am local time in Eastern Australia (Qld).
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Mayanpup
    Mayanpup
    ✭✭✭
    I logged in every day in September with my V******** account name, all within the active daily times, still no 100K gold.

Please check my login times ZOS to verify this. If I am wrong then tell me where, please?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grizzly375 wrote: »
    MY collect time is 2000 EST. I've logged in and collected rewards every day. At 1800 when I logged off, it showed the 100K as my next reward. When I logged in at 2011, I was offered two Crown Fortifying Meals. WTF is going on with this?

The October rewards have already started.
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    I missed mine by 1 min... at least 100k gold isn't a big deal like a crate. Plus I can make 16k in about five mins with poisons selling to a NPC.
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    grizzly375 wrote: »
    MY collect time is 2000 EST. I've logged in and collected rewards every day. At 1800 when I logged off, it showed the 100K as my next reward. When I logged in at 2011, I was offered two Crown Fortifying Meals. WTF is going on with this?

Clearly you did not collect every day, as there were two days of leeway for the 100k. You didn’t collect the rewards every day. It’s as simple as that.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, because today is STILL the 30th... it has not hit midnight yet! I'm really glad I've decided to quit ESO... I canceled my sub yesterday, thought I'd log in today to get the final month's reward... only to find out the month switched EARLY. Hard to start collecting for October when it's not even the first of the month yet.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief... The level of willful ignorance and entitlement in this thread is astounding.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Funny, because today is STILL the 30th... it has not hit midnight yet! I'm really glad I've decided to quit ESO... I canceled my sub yesterday, thought I'd log in today to get the final month's reward... only to find out the month switched EARLY. Hard to start collecting for October when it's not even the first of the month yet.

Midnight UTC not midnight, your timezone.

The month didn't start early if you were actually paying attention to the timer on the daily rewards page.

Its October first somewhere on the globe, that means its time for Halloween candy and masks and pumpkin spice...oh, who am I kidding, Walmart's had those out for weeks now.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xelrick wrote: »
    I missed mine by 1 min... at least 100k gold isn't a big deal like a crate. Plus I can make 16k in about five mins with poisons selling to a NPC.

16K in five minutes selling poisons to NPC? Please elaborate on this gold making scheme, I sure as hell want in on that!
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

16K in five minutes selling poisons to NPC? Please elaborate on this gold making scheme, I sure as hell want in on that!

so basically I craft 200 times with spider egg and a pairing items with Alkahest to make 3200 poisons. Each poison sells for 5 gold...which total 16,000 gold.

More or less the farming the items to craft, I gather over time. I have like 12k of Alkahest...
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
  • Hokiewa
    Hokiewa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

so basically I craft 200 times with spider egg and a pairing items with Alkahest to make 3200 poisons. Each poison sells for 5 gold...which total 16,000 gold.

More or less the farming the items to craft, I gather over time. I have like 12k of Alkahest...

Glad it works for you. Several issues though. If you aren't on PC, you have no add on to speed up the creation process. That's 200 presses of the x button which eventually will render your thumb useless lol. Also, while everybody has Alkahest in abundance, you'll need a reliable source of eggs and another regent to do this. Buying them will net you little profit, and farming them will vastly increase the time it takes to generate "16k in 5 mins". Sure, if you have them on hand, no problem but it's not a long term solution
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zathras wrote: »
    Frawr wrote: »
    The thing that I find frustrating is that they manage to gate the rewards so that if you log in, but don't take the reward, then you lose it and have to take it the next day.

All other games that I have played allow you to claim all of the previous days' rewards if you logged in on that day even if you didn't actually claim them ON the day.

As usual, crap system design in ESO.

Actually, it's more insidious than a "crap design".

It's a 1st year Psychology design, that has made it's way into the F2P business, and ESO has adopted it. Operant conditioning. Ever heard of a Skinner Box?

So, how ESO manages it, is they have a reward and they want to train you in a behavior to get that item. They train you, daily, to open up their Cash Shop, and click a button to get your Cash Shop item.

Skinner Box.

Personally, I find the aggressive methods to push their Cash Shop in our face over the last year to have tipped the scale for me. Well, amongst other things that were tipping the scale.

Even that marketing push to get the Summerset villa had a catch. Did you see October's Cash Shop showcase? Three separate Summerset furniture packages. Wouldn't those be immediately handy for all those people suddenly finding themselves with a large, empty manor. Sure, some will craft their own items, but it's all about convenience at this point, and they've been training and enticing people into the Store for quite some time.

What bugs me about the psychology of it is that they have those dead days at the end of the month, which is the perfect time to start losing that conditioning.

I suppose that's deliberate too, hoping that people will miss out on the first day or so and then they have to give less rewards, but it still bugs me.

There is enough time in training of the behavior for it to stick on those lapse days. Even so, they've lessened the lapse days, so people will visit the Cash Shop more frequently.

What's also interesting, is reading the comments from the people who are fully engrossed in the conditioning. When suggestions are made to lessen the reward frequency, they get angry. If you look at studies of this, you will see the same behavior when a reward is withdrawn. They get quite agitated.

This is why I don't participate. ESO is actively trying (and succeeding!) to manipulate their customers through a scientific method to increase Cash Shop participation and sales. It's vile, and unethical.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams