Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Reason I Support Sload

LoveForElderScrolls
The reason I support sload is those perfect players who mastered everything little thing in this game and use all overpowered skills in order to win all the time and are forcing other players to do the same because of the huge gap between them and other players. Sload set is an easy way to keep up with those perfect players. Maybe if those god-like players didn't spend so much time and energy to win every time sload wouldn't exist. Never used sload because the set description doesn't attract me but I support it. Don't complain if more sets like this appear in the future. Sorry if this post makes you angry I dislike sload too but I explained the reason for supporting it.
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is like two months too late
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just in time for Soldier's Anguish tho.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only imagine OP is just trying to be funny and probably has issues with Sloads still.

After all, who would go to such lengths to actually say they take issue with players who actually learn to play the game and develop skill at playing PvP in ESO? Rhetorical of course.
    Edited by idk on September 30, 2018 9:36PM
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can I wear both to make players unhappy? >:)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That fine and dandy until those good players use Sloads too because they arent afraid of using BIS proc sets in PVP.

Which is effectively what happened.

And which is one reason ZOS eventually nerfed Sloads. So I'm not sure why we needed this.
  • LoveForElderScrolls
    idk wrote: »
    I can only imagine OP is just trying to be funny and probably has issues with Sloads still.

After all, who would go to such lengths to actually say they take issue with players who actually learn to play the game and develop skill at playing PvP in ESO? Rhetorical of course.

Some players have internet issues or their pc is slow. Some players don't have time to learn every little thing. Does it make you feel good to kill those players even with skill? Not saying skill and learning is bad but many players are overdoing it. That's why even a lot of people are asking for a sload nerf it doesn't happen.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP:
    'a day late and a dollar short.'
    Edited by Maryal on September 30, 2018 9:49PM
  • wolfxspice
    wolfxspice
    ✭✭✭
    yes, someone who takes the time to learn and play the game they love SHOULD be on the same level as some one who puts no effort into learning eso, i completely agree.
    I'm a casual now
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    To the OP:
    'a day late and a dollar short.'

I’m pretty sure there’s some oceanic players who just don’t know Sloads has been nerfed and continue to use it. Occasionally, late night I’ll be hit with it and laugh, like “I’ve been SLOADED!” Maybe ZOS hasn’t localized the patch notes or something.

As for the OP, there are ways to get better. Depending on a set to carry you would only make it worse for you when leet players adopt those same sets.

The best player I know wouldn’t run Sloads but he crafted it and would try it out against us (his pals in duels). Reckt people. Same guy got bored and rolled a spam sniping NB and it was INSANE. He was almost one shorting people. He came up with a heavy attack Destro/Restro MagDk build that WAS one shoting people just for laughs lol.

These broken builds in the hands of really good players are why they get nerfed. Not because unskilled players cry for nerfs lol.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Some players have internet issues or their pc is slow. Some players don't have time to learn every little thing. Does it make you feel good to kill those players even with skill? Not saying skill and learning is bad but many players are overdoing it. That's why even a lot of people are asking for a sload nerf it doesn't happen.

I really cannot take the OP seriously which means I cannot take this reply seriously. It is really odd to bash players who have taken the time to develop skill in such a manner. it seems rather odd to praise them because they worked hard to become good players then bash them for the same reason.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason I support sload is those perfect players who mastered everything little thing in this game and use all overpowered skills in order to win all the time and are forcing other players to do the same because of the huge gap between them and other players. Sload set is an easy way to keep up with those perfect players. Maybe if those god-like players didn't spend so much time and energy to win every time sload wouldn't exist. Never used sload because the set description doesn't attract me but I support it. Don't complain if more sets like this appear in the future. Sorry if this post makes you angry I dislike sload too but I explained the reason for supporting it.

i love the animation cancelling that sounds like a chef sharpening his tools and lands all these attacks and makes 30k resistance imperial physique seem like pure air.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • wolfxspice
    wolfxspice
    ✭✭✭
    even though i made a joke out of it, i do think their should be something in place to help bring less experienced players up to par, i think something like a mentor system would be better though. having something as strong as sloads with so few counters is just bad for the game.
    I'm a casual now
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres the Script across all games I have ever played in 20+ years.

1. Someone skilled finds a build/ gear that allows them to dominate 1v1
    2. That person then shares their build in a group so that they can dominate in XvX
    3. There is a golden age in which the group dominates PvP or PvE
    4. The build becomes disseminated through bragging rights/ rage threads / observation
    5. Build becomes meta
    6. Community complains
    7. Nerfs ensue
    8. PvEs vs PvPers blame game commences.

Moral of the story - PvP was the cause in a PvP environment. PvE was the cause in a PvE environment.
    Edited by drkfrontiers on October 1, 2018 8:32AM
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfxspice wrote: »
    even though i made a joke out of it, i do think their should be something in place to help bring less experienced players up to par, i think something like a mentor system would be better though. having something as strong as sloads with so few counters is just bad for the game.

Or ZOS could lower the skill ceiling. A lot. And remove ping-dependant mechanics, like cancelling and positioning response.

Also fix some internal core issues that experienced players have learned to "abuse" (not exploit btw), to get far ahead of others.

Those are really the only issues. It would suck, since it took me forever to learn how to be good, but i'd embrace it eventually. It's always better for a game to offer a fair and level playing field for all players.

WITHOUT needing sets like Sload or Anguish, or anything of that sort of ridiculous bs. Or illogical rebalancing and nerfs that hurt both PvP and PVE and make the game into a huge mess.

Yeah a lot of the good and experienced players will QQ, and say it's bad. But guess what, idfc about you. I care about the other 90% of players. And I'll gladly have a healthier, friendlier and more satisfied community.
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 1, 2018 8:24AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the OP’s honesty.

I think that the devs were concerned about the exact same thing when they implemented it.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how rewarding this game is for veteran players.

I would also like to have an aim assist in Counter Strike cause i cant be as good as the professional players who are killing me before i can even aim at them. Dont want to learn this game.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yep. Another set rendered completely useless. Mostly due to forum crying.

In its original state, it wasn’t even very good in 1 v 1 duels.

The rock n tree dancers (LOS ulti dumpers) didn’t like it because it was a counter to their whacked out builds.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The rock n tree dancers (LOS ulti dumpers) didn’t like it because it was a counter to their whacked out builds.

Sloads was really strong in duels combined with bleeds and major defile and it still is. No one can dodge the projectile in melee range. And the pressure from it is huge.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »

Sloads was really strong in duels combined with bleeds and major defile and it still is. No one can dodge the projectile in melee range. And the pressure from it is huge.

Yeah. Bleed builds are the latest cheese at the moment. People just move on to the next thing to cheap other people.
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Useless it was hardly nerfed.

I still see many people use this set, usually in bg's but still.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or you could just go out there solo, get beat to death over and over by those great players and learn.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Telegraphed projectile, damage reduced significantly.

Yeah, hardly touched. :)

I seldom see it used anymore.
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Telegraphed? Gl trying to actively dodge it, especially melee range.

Significant dmg reduction? It got 1 tick removed?

Did we look at the same changes?
    PS4 EU DC

• The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont see how this post would make anyone angry. The whole anti sload movement has always had the main point that it is a set that allows players to have a sense of accomplishment without doing much.

You seem to completely agree on the point that some people use certain sets to make up for their lack of skill.

If you think the floor needs to be raised so bad players don't feel so bad, that's an opinion you're allowed to have.

It's not something I agree with, but I understand people want an easy way of playing. It is just a video game after all.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. Bleed builds are the latest cheese at the moment. People just move on to the next thing to cheap other people.

Latest? Bleed builds have been around for some time now.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bleed builds were always the cheese, they were just temporarily displaced from their best-in-cheese spot by Sloads.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bleed builds were always the cheese, they were just temporarily displaced from their best-in-cheese spot by Sloads.

I'd 100% rather have dots from skills be strong rather than a set doing the same thing but stronger.

Atleast people are forced to use a skill for it now.

But in a meta where heavy has dominated and is only going to dominate more i think bleeds are needed.
    PS4 EU DC

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sloads is like a free lunch in a capitalist economy and that is exactly why this game is declining at such a rapid pace. Zos is choosing to cater to newer players through class homogenization and catch up/ dumb down mechanics rather than taking care of its more mature players. In a purely economical sense, it means a surge of money up front but longevity/ stability is compromised. This is why they choose to keep releasing dlc's rather than fix core issues that have been broken for years.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Telegraphed? Gl trying to actively dodge it, especially melee range.

Significant dmg reduction? It got 1 tick removed?

Did we look at the same changes?

Pretty sure.

But even at full strength, it wasn’t much of an issue for me. I’m sure it’s still tough for paper mache armored Sorcs.
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Latest? Bleed builds have been around for some time now.

They have been. Sadly, the player base is really following along with it as of late.

I assume some kind of streamer build is popular now.
    -Berj Stoneheart