Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What am I striving for after I reach 50?

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    There is no climbing the end game like many other MMO's once you reach 160CP its all about collecting item sets, kind of like a trading card game but instead of collecting cards you collect item sets. If you aren't the competitive type like don't care about PvP, Leaderboards, Trials, and so on then the game gets rather boring very quickly.

I'm experiencing this right now. I'm getting to the point where I've done all the main quests and enough side quests to get the achievements for each zone. I've cleared all the dungeons on Vet. I'm almost master angler and just about finished with 9 trait researching. I'm kinda like... "Okay... now what?" I'm really not interested in being in some elite end game guild and doing leaderboard runs, I don't really like PvP... Farming mats and selling stuff and doing housing stuff is kinda fun but I'm also like, why am I bothering with this? Who care how much gold I have? I'm just BORED.

For me, PvP is fun in and of itself. I didn’t really enjoy questing before because I thought the main quest was boring and I started in on Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild. Those quests sucked because they stalled out until you leveled up the skill lines by pickpocketing and radiant assassinations. So, I dove deep into PvP.

Then I did some Morrowind quests and I’m all into questing. Right now with PvP and questing I’ve got way more interesting things to do than I have time. ESO is really fun atm. Don’t want to play anything else.

I’d say give PvP a go. It’s fun in and of itself.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To keep having fun :) Why else would you play?

There's a ton of story here if you love questing. I'm at CP 397, and I still haven't seen half of the story even after doing Cadwell's Silver and Gold. I haven't touched most of the zone quests in AD and EP, Morrowind, Thieves' Guild, Assassin's Guild, and now Murkmire coming up.
    Edited by jainiadral on October 1, 2018 2:47AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After doing every quest, yes everyone and getting most achievements finishing all normal trials and craglorn vet trials and vet dlc dungeons pvp is the best thing.

I know people hate pvp but if you give it time it's like relearning how to play all over again. You meet really great people have lots of fun. It's also not as young of a crowd as you would think most people I play with are 40+ in pvp.

That what I did after the pve stuff is done and the gear grind is over. Now the only time I go back to pve is when the new dungeons come out or chapter. Or to farm mats for gold and do writs.

Plus of pvp is you really dont need max cp you can play no cp pvp just get to cp 160 and have fun, or do battle grounds which are also no cp.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soaj wrote: »
    Yeah thanks for all the advice yeah once I get up to the 900 CP maybe Ill look into pvp. I guess 160 is the first goal as I wander the world and get skyshards and just get resources to level my stuff up. I am not being a big big fan of being tank because I dont do damage lol. But I guess thats the point that I tank and everyone else does their DPS and healing.

Being a Tank is squarely a group role, as being one in solo PvE content is horrid torture when all your attacks tickle. But yes its great being a Tank when doing Dungeons, as the only job you habe is to keep the Boss' attention on you at all times possible, which gives the damage dealers the room to do their jobs. And everyone knows the group finder needs more good Tanks.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing since the free week this past March (or was it April) and have a CP near 500. Like you I'm not into PvP. Once I hit 50 I went ahead and did the Cadwell silver and gold for the other factions. I then did the Morrowind followed by Summerset chapters. After that I started going through each area to finish out any quests or instanced content I could run solo. I also spent time looking for missed shards and finished leveling the mages/fighters guilds. When the free ESO Plus weekend popped up I jumped on it to do the Clockwork City and Wrothgar DLC's. I've since paid for ESO Plus so finished leveling the remaining PvE DLC's. I've just started Maelstrom Arena and am working on world bosses. Once they are done I will likely start looking into the group content whether solo or in a party.

I am also trying to finish leveling my consumable crafting and getting gear with the best traits for my character. Since I'm somewhat cheap it means I spend a lot of my travel time gathering the materials I need to make and boost the gear to gold. As the best stat for me is divines it means running the same delves and dungeons over and over hoping RNGesus decides to smile down upon me.

So lots of stuff to do but like all MMO's you reach a point that you have nothing new left to do and end up in that content lull waiting for the next content drop. I figure for me that will be sometime early next year.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While my approach was to just play the game, I suppose the most sensible answer for the OP would be to hit CP160 and then start farming gear sets. Do daily pledges to get keys and helms.

Personally though, I like just relaxing and enjoying the story. I try to take my time and listen to voice actors when doing content for the first time. That eats up plenty of time. When there is no new content, I'll go play a different game or do pledges until my sub expires.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I am just wondering what it is I am striving for now since I am now CP 42. I know there is PVP but I rather do PVE stuff. One thing I can answer do storylines lol. But other than that? Just thought I'd ask the ESO community for advice.

To look pretty and stand around in town looking badass and glowie
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    So I am just wondering what it is I am striving for now since I am now CP 42. I know there is PVP but I rather do PVE stuff. One thing I can answer do storylines lol. But other than that? Just thought I'd ask the ESO community for advice.

To look pretty and stand around in town looking badass and glowie

Badass OR glowey, you can't be both.
    Otherwise, yes, just poncing around.

On poncing around; why can my male chars wear dresses, lippy and eyeshadow; but not "female" jewellry?