The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The future

Clarkieson
Clarkieson
✭✭✭✭
Now i have played this game on console since day 1 release. Ps4 if you’re wondering. I have seen the game morph and progress over these years and just for a moment i thought we were getting near sone kind of balance. Lets not talk about nightblades as they are an “elephant in the room” in this particular discussion.

Sorcs had a niche, dks had their wonderful diversity, templars a jack of all trades. Even warden have some great tools and is different to everything else.

The problem now is since the PTS is looking to destroy light armour builds and nullify magicka altogether, the difference and diversity is becoming less and less. Builds in the future of pve are going to rely on mitigation and healing. Dps will be wearing medium armour.

Pvp will be exclusively heavy armour, which is great. No real change.

Except for the fact that historically when you look at huge nerfs to people’s favourite damage clases, light armour magicka builds, people become very frustrated at losing all their power.

If this is the future, and people get pigeon holed in to doing what they dont want to do it will create a problem for the player base. Either accept the changes and become what zenimax want you to be or find something else to do instead.

For me at this point i could give up playing light armour builds in pve. But i dont want to. I like feeling powerful, strong, OP whatever you want to call it. I dont like being told that my light armour build is too strong and needs nerfing to the ground

Pvp is about to go silly too. The whole point of sheild stacking in pvp was to counter ganking nightblades and snipe exploiters. With the protection of shields now useless light armour now becomes irrelevant unless you like being killed in 0.1 seconds.

If I continue to play the game i will not play half my characters because they are all magicka builds. Then i feel pve will become even more mundane than it already is.

Pvp becomes a tank meta, stacking health and resistances to counter nightblades and snipe exploiters.

As i see it a once large, fascinating and diverse game is being reduced to a slow monotonous shell of a game where only pure meta is relavent.

This will force me and im sure others start to weigh up gaming options once more. And with some interesting things in the horizion, i can definitely see the reaper coming for ESO
Edited by Clarkieson on September 30, 2018 7:41AM
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I share a lot of your concerns, however my particular play style in pvp won’t be effected by the majority of the changes and I will continue to wear light.

I do feel it’s a shame that zos listen often to the vocal majority rather than the majority that aren’t crying about a particular ability or gear set that’s ‘breaking the game’.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Find something else agreed. Already preordered lol
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    people have seen the reaper for ESO for 4 years now. Guess what? It's still going strong.

Doom and gloom does no one any good at all. I took some time off recently (almost a year) and the game seems more vibrant and alive than when I stepped away.

The only thing that seems toxic in the game is the forums...

• Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its ridiculous things have to be a fight because Zos doesnt care enough to discuss and play with the playerbase before making rash decisions. I mean, good thing its PTS and all, but maybe they could get a good foothold on PTS when it begins with better communication skills.

I mean im sure its all up to certain people at the end of the day, and I would not doubt or blame for Zos team members upset at them for being ignorant. Theres just clearly has to be a better way for them to go about things without changing the flavor of the game every time.
    Edited by Lord_Wrath on September 30, 2018 6:40PM
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big picture wise, I do find that I dread each new update because each invariably means the game becomes less fun for me. I think the implications are pretty clear.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fell for clickbait.
  • OFFL1MIT
    OFFL1MIT
    ✭✭✭
    that's the problem - ''future'' - live in the present, when the changes will come out, you will adapt to them, maybe even find a better balance and enjoy the game more. It will be more challenging to play for all classes both PVE and PVP, well all getting nerfed at some point. But it's good, when vr levels were gone and they made CP levels, the more CP cap was increased the more game was becoming easy and boring and easy to exploit, but now they try to balance this. So lets just wait for ''future'' and see what it will bring to us and I'm sure we all will adapt to it, if not zos will make some changes.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played wow from 2004-2017. That game had plenty of changes and adjustments.
    As long as I was still having fun I adapted to the changes.
    When the changes became such that I didn't enjoy playing anymore then I went looking for a new game to call home.
    Found ESO and for the past year I'm having fun and playing all the classes in one way or another.

When a game becomes "un-fun" then it may be time to find a new game to capture your attention.