Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SIEGE EQUIPMENT - MAKE IT STACK

brandyvicious
brandyvicious
✭✭✭
For the love of Tamriel, PLEASE make the siege equipment stackable!!! Why on earth can't equipment with the same HP stack? It's utterly ridiculous how much space this takes up in a bank or guild bank. PLEASE MAKE IT STACK!!!!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 29, 2024 7:07PM
PS5/NA: brandyvicious-
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the love of Tamriel, PLEASE make the siege equipment stackable!!! Why on earth can't equipment with the same HP stack? It's utterly ridiculous how much space this takes up in a bank or guild bank. PLEASE MAKE IT STACK!!!!

Yes please!! This will be huge improvement
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The issue lies with the fact that siege equipment degrades upon deployment, which means the varying health bars make them unstackable.

It has been suggested in other threads on this topic, particularly in the PvP section of the Forums, that a 'Seige Bag' similar to the Craft Bag would resolve the problem... an idea with which I agree.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    The issue lies with the fact that siege equipment degrades upon deployment, which means the varying health bars make them unstackable.

It would also impact game balance. Non-stacking means there are limits to how much siege you can have. Stacking could and would be abused. I stacking was allowed, the stacks would need to be strictly limited, and only so many of each stack.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

It would also impact game balance. Non-stacking means there are limits to how much siege you can have. Stacking could and would be abused. I stacking was allowed, the stacks would need to be strictly limited, and only so many of each stack.

Good point
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be fine with that! I'd be happy with a stack of 5. Regarding the issue of degraded (partially used) equipment -- make it so that only unused equipment is stackable.
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather see them allow geodes to stack before this happens...
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this message
    My internet is invalid
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather see them allow geodes to stack before this happens...

^
    THIS!

I use all the ones not 50 Just to make space and they still pile up (geodes) why can’t the 50 crystal ones not stack at least.

The undaunted ones are green or something. Can’t 50’s be gold and stack.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on September 30, 2018 10:17PM
  • brandyvicious
    brandyvicious
    ✭✭✭

While I do get what you are saying, there are already limits on how many siege can be out at one place. So would it really matter if I had a 100 stack of ballistas? NO. It's not like I could put them all out at the same time. Would just mean I'm a hoarder. LOL
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Starlock also having 100 trebs out or in your inventory isn't exactly the same as being able to fire 100 trebs efficiently. I've seen people rotate between three ballistas at max. Any more and your firerate won't improve further.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that siege engines are bigger then our characters, yet we still can have them in our inventory, I daresay its a bit... greedy... to ask to have them stack like, say, lockpicks or potion bottles.

And it -does- have a game impact in limiting how much siege you can comfortably bring, yes?

If anything, I'd want to see -runes- to stack! I mean, those enchantment thingies must be pretty small, right, to fit on daggers and belt buckles, don'tcha think? So why won't they stack properly???
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that siege engines are bigger then our characters, yet we still can have them in our inventory, I daresay its a bit... greedy... to ask to have them stack like, say, lockpicks or potion bottles.

And it -does- have a game impact in limiting how much siege you can comfortably bring, yes?

If anything, I'd want to see -runes- to stack! I mean, those enchantment thingies must be pretty small, right, to fit on daggers and belt buckles, don'tcha think? So why won't they stack properly???

I srsly doubt that it has a impact on the game, since there's a Cap for sieges onto a keep / outpost.
    They also cant be placed near each other (some distance required).

Have you ever seen the attacker of a keep running out of sieges? I didnt so far, there's always someone who still has sieges.
    Defenders dont matter since they can jsut buy new siege at the vendor.

In Openworld I have never seen more than maybe 10 sieges on a small area....and those 10 where at Alessia Bridge
    So having 500 Balistas in your inventory wont make a difference, since you wont place all of them.
    More than 3 Sieges cant be operated effectivly by one person. If you are more than one the others would probably also have some siege in their inventory, so placing for them is also kinda useless.

But I have to agree that runestacking has to be here ASAP....they are probably so tiny, you could stack 500 of them on the same place than 1 siege tbh.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheShadowScout Furniture stacks and is larger than us...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • ck37090
    ck37090
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just make each one 10 times the cost, 10 times the durability
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make everything stack.

In other news, ALL CAPS - MAKE IT STOP.
    PS5 EU.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ck37090 wrote: »
    Just make each one 10 times the cost, 10 times the durability
    Now that is an idea I could get behind!
    Longer lasting siege engines, though they would still have to be as easily destroyable, but they would last longer just for everyday operation!
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    siege have individual health, thats why it cannto be stacked. a siege bag on the other hand, i'm not opposed to
  • brandyvicious
    brandyvicious
    ✭✭✭
    A siege bag would be awesome. And I get that siege has individual health but like most things, if it is like for like then make it stackable! I have a guild bank that is packed with siege and would just love to be able to stack things that are exactly the same!!!!!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where this would affect gameplay is in siege on the inner after the door/wall breaks.

Often times inventory wins or loses those battles.

Think about a last emp keep being defended at both breaches, both flags and the horseshoe.

The seige merchant is dead and the enemy capped resources, so in essence the attackers have unlimited seige from resource and the defenders have whats on them.

Eventually, all things else being equal, the defenders will run out and the attackers can push.

Yes there are a lot of things to mitigate that risk, but to say it wont affect gameplay is false.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For sure. Not sure how a stack of siege has an impact on gameplay apart from not having to wait for a dead siege merchant.
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    give us glyph stacking first.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Mackinsar
    Mackinsar
    ✭✭✭
    We need glyph stacking AND transmute stacking. There’s no excuse for transmutes not stacking [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 29, 2024 7:10PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please keep in mind that sometimes it is better to create a new topic, instead of replying in one that was posted a while ago.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.