The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Daily rewards

ad4mss
ad4mss
✭✭✭
Hi,

does daily rewards resets each day or they do reset every "X" hours? I'm wondering if there is a possibility to claim two rewards at same day? If so, does it still a daily reward?
Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I understand it, they reset every 24 hours at 00.00 GMT. Therefore, no, it is not possible to claim two rewards in the same day.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is 20 hours after you collect a reward
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »

This is what I noticed too and this is actually not related to a daily reward thing. I have to dig forum more then to make sure.
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    What I have found about September's reward board is:

" If you log in for 28 of September’s 30 days, you’ll earn a colossal 100,000 gold."

This means that daily reward is not a true daily reward as 100k gold reward should be unlocked on 30th September, not after 28 days. Kinda strange "daily" thing description.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily quests reset every at a set time. Also its possible to have the quest from a previous day, turn it in the next day, and get the current day's quests. Thats why you pre-do quests for the Anniversary Event to get double rewards on the first day.

Some Daily Rewards reset every 20 hours. Daily Random Dungeon EXP resets at 20 hours, tested during the Dungeon Event. Some items like Rewards of the Worthy or Gladiator Awards only give a guaranteed award once every 20 or 24 hrs (havent tested to be sure).

The Daily Log-in Rewards reset at a specific time every day, going by UTC. Mine resets at 7:00 every evening. So if I dont log in until the morning of Day 1, I can claim my award then and still claim Day 2's in the evening. But if I dont claim Day 1 at all, at 7:00 pm the reward will roll around to Day 1 again. I have to claim Day 1 reward to get to Day 2.

Theres a LOT of "daily rewards" in ESO. If that didnt cover what you wanted to know, can you please be more specific?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ad4mss wrote: »

" If you log in for 28 of September’s 30 days, you’ll earn a colossal 100,000 gold."

This means that daily reward is not a true daily reward as 100k gold reward should be unlocked on 30th September, not after 28 days. Kinda strange "daily" thing description.

You must claim the items every day in order to advance onto the next day. Keep in mind that the "day" in question is in UTC time, not your time zone.

I logged on and claimed rewards consistently, so I got my 100k gold on the evening of the 27th, my time. Day 28, UTC.
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    But if it resets within UTC time zone it should take 24 hours to resets not a 20 hours like it does now I think.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if it resets within UTC time zone it should take 24 hours to resets not a 20 hours like it does now I think.

I am pretty certain it is 24 hours cycle, not 20 hours cycle, since it always recycles after midnight for me, regardless whether I claim the reward in the morning or in the evening.

Are you not mistaking it for the mount training? That refreshes 20 hours after you pay for it.
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does not take 20 hours, it simply resets at the same time every day
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    Then I will have to ask ZOS for login logs as I can't remember I have not login into the game for 4 days this month :hushed:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then I will have to ask ZOS for login logs as I can't remember I have not login into the game for 4 days this month :hushed:

You have to log in and claim your reward.

If you had, your rewards calendar would have showed that, so you clearly didn't. Keep in mind that depending on your time zone, your rewards might start a day earlier than you expect. My October rewards start the evening of Sept 30th, because of my time zone.

(Unless you are accidently on the PTS and so your progress looks less than it actually is on the Live server, which totally happened to somebody.)
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Missing three days would be enough.

If your 1st September started long enough after the start of 1st Septemeber of the server time, you may also actually have logged in on 2nd September for the first daily reward claim.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interestingly enough I got the 100k reward on 2 accounts but missed it by 10 hours on a third account even though I logged in at the same time on all accounts, well one after the other. Each time I claimed the reward. This 28 day cycle was strange.
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

does daily rewards resets each day or they do reset every "X" hours? I'm wondering if there is a possibility to claim two rewards at same day? If so, does it still a daily reward?

You can technically collect two rewards the same day. The reward clock resets at 7:00 pm CST. I have logged in before seven and collected the reward from the previous day. Then, I logged out and back in after 7 pm and collected again.
    PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ricam wrote: »
    Hi,

You can technically collect two rewards the same day. The reward clock resets at 7:00 pm CST. I have logged in before seven and collected the reward from the previous day. Then, I logged out and back in after 7 pm and collected again.

Hmmm, I didn't consider this option. Yes, this would indeed allow one to claim two rewards on the same day.

I stand corrected, then.
    Edited by Watchdog on September 30, 2018 1:29PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ricam wrote: »
    Hi,

You can only collect one award per day, in terms of the UTC day that the reward timer is on.

You can collect two awards in one day, from your perspective in your own time zone if you collect one before the timer reset and one afterward.

Its a difference of perspective.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The rewards are daily log on resetting every 24 hours at 0:00 GMT

However, to allow breathing space the wards are broken into 4 weeks so you have 28 days to claim all rewards so you can miss a few days depending on the month
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine does reset every 24 hours. For me it's 7pm CST.

• SluggoV2
    SluggoV2
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of how ZOS is doing the daily rewards. It should be a log in reward, not a log in and wait 24hs to claim reward unless they change the reset timer to makes sense for the NA server time zones.

The daily reset time on the NA Server should be based on a NA timezone, not GMT. I have failed to get my 28th reward two times now. Both times there was actually more than 24 hours left to receive the reward in the NA time zones. The first one I failed to log on until after 7pm EST and the daily reset had taken place before I could "claim it" and the second time was last night and I was unable to "'claim" my 100K gold reward, even though it was only the 29th of Sept with more than 24hrs left until Oct 1.

These should be log in rewards, not login today and claim tomorrow type of thing. Im sure many people will have different opinions on this and I'm sure someone will say "well that's why you need to log in everyday". Well, I play when I can. Like most of the community, I am an adult gamer with a family and can't log in every day before 7pm EST.
    Edited by SluggoV2 on September 30, 2018 2:24PM
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    All above perhaps is true but how to explain that ZOS stated you will have to login 28 times to claim all 30 daily rewards:

"If you log in for 28 of September’s 30 days, you’ll earn a colossal 100,000 gold."

I can't find any valid calculations which can explain this.
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My daily login rewards reset at 10AM Bonza bewt Aussie time. So I can log in at 9:50 claim one day's reward and at 10:00AM collect the reward for the next day just 10 minutes later without having to relog. Likewise my crafting writs reset each day at 4:00PM. So I can do them at 3:50 and again at 4:00.

Things like Daily Dungeon reward seem to be on a 20 hour timer from when you last did them.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All above perhaps is true but how to explain that ZOS stated you will have to login 28 times to claim all 30 daily rewards:

"If you log in for 28 of September’s 30 days, you’ll earn a colossal 100,000 gold."

Uh, there were only 28 rewards. Count the seal thingies. You needed to login and claim 28 rewards, the 28th of which was the 100k gold. There were 30 days total to claim 28 rewards.
  • SluggoV2
    SluggoV2
    ✭✭✭

Uh, there were only 28 rewards. Count the seal thingies. You needed to login and claim 28 rewards, the 28th of which was the 100k gold. There were 30 days total to claim 28 rewards.

Actually, this is misleading. If your logging in on the 28th for your 27th reward, you could login on the 29th for the 28 but would not be able to claim as the event would expire before you could claim it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SluggoV2 wrote: »

Actually, this is misleading. If your logging in on the 28th for your 27th reward, you could login on the 29th for the 28 but would not be able to claim as the event would expire before you could claim it.

No, its not misleading. Confusing, perhaps. But you get your full 30 days, so its not misleading, assuming you paid attention to when your 30 days actually starts.

Because the 30 days starts when the new reward calendar starts. Starting with that first changeover, you had 30 days to claim the 28 rewards. "Days" in this case are 24-hr periods defined by the timer, which is based in UTC time.

Now, where you are probably running into problems is that you didn't pay attention to the starting date. I'm in the NA timezones and the rewards are in UTC. So my rewards calendar started August 31st and its last day was September 29th when the last reward became available. Thats 30 days. The October reward cycle started for me on Sept 30th, because that's Oct 1 in the UTC time zone.

So I had 30 days to claim 28 rewards, starting Sept 1 (UTC)/August 31st (my time zone). I got my 100k gold on Sept 27th (my time) because that was the 28th day since the rewards started. The last day to claim rewards was Sept 30th (UTC)/Sept 29th (my time zone.) The new rewards started the next evening.

If you, like me, have a time zone that doesnt match up exactly with the UTC time zone, you need to pay attention to your starting date and count the 30 days from there. I have to remember that my timers start and end "early" compared to the actual day of the month because the timer is on UTC time. As long as you remember your actual start date or you figure out the date in UTC time, you wont be confused about which day of the rewards you are on.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »

I have never seen this. For me it's 8:00pm EST. So it's always 24 hours for me. I can claim it say one reward at 7:59pm EST and then at 8:01pm EST I can claim the new reward. That is how you can claim 2 DIFFERENT rewards in the same day or even hour.
    SluggoV2 wrote: »
    I am not a fan of how ZOS is doing the daily rewards. It should be a log in reward, not a log in and wait 24hs to claim reward unless they change the reset timer to makes sense for the NA server time zones.

The daily reset time on the NA Server should be based on a NA timezone, not GMT. I have failed to get my 28th reward two times now. Both times there was actually more than 24 hours left to receive the reward in the NA time zones. The first one I failed to log on until after 7pm EST and the daily reset had taken place before I could "claim it" and the second time was last night and I was unable to "'claim" my 100K gold reward, even though it was only the 29th of Sept with more than 24hrs left until Oct 1.

These should be log in rewards, not login today and claim tomorrow type of thing. Im sure many people will have different opinions on this and I'm sure someone will say "well that's why you need to log in everyday". Well, I play when I can. Like most of the community, I am an adult gamer with a family and can't log in every day before 7pm EST.

Oh poor baby. It's called a Daily Reward. So if you log in 5 times that day you should get 5 rewards? Also what part of DAILY is not 24 hours? Please explain your math to me. I really don't understand what you are trying to say or mean.

Also you failed to do something and blame it on others. We have a thing called the internet. I am sure you know of it. :p You have to power to do the time converting and know for yourself. For me it's 8:00pm EST and yes I am in North America as well. Where are you? Just subtract what ever time zone from you from my 8:00pm and you have your answer. It's really not that hard. After all the world doesn't revolve around blank and blank. There is the rest of the world and having a time reset at a ZERO really makes sense. The World's zero.

Also what do you mean login in rewards and not login in today?

As for can't log in every day before 7pmEST, that shouldn't be a problem. I thought the same thing till I realized I log in at around 9:00pmEST so it's always a 24 hours thing for me. If I miss a day logging in, well there is something called "life". Happens to us all. When I miss something, I don't complain, I just go on. Like when I am sick from work. I don't get paid for it. Life happens. So when we can't log in and claim a reward, life happens. Why reward someone for not doing what was asked for?

After all will you pay me for work I am suppose to do for you and I don't do it, will you still pay me?
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    The log in rewards definitely have a set reset time each day, you get a countdown timer telling you when the next one will be available and it's at the same time each day. For me that's 8 pm eastern.

Heads up though: I'm pretty sure that time will shift by an hour starting in November's first weekend, for those in the US whose clocks change (Fall Back). So my 8 pm reset will become 7 pm and that could catch some unawares that evening if they wait to the last possible moment to log in.