Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zaan Cannot Be Negated. Bug?

brandonv516
brandonv516
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
See title.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Details?

Can you not out-range it?

Or do you mean the "Negate Magic" ultimate skill?
    FYI, Negate only removes enemy placed AoE abilities while Zaan is not an AoE and is technically placed by the item set proc and may even be coded to be initiated on the target which would all differentiate it and not let Negate work on it.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Details?

FYI, Negate only removes enemy placed AoE abilities while Zaan is not an AoE and is technically placed by the item set proc and may even be coded to be initiated on the target which would all differentiate it and not let Negate work on it.

Yes I was referring to Negate Magic. It's a
    globe of magic suppression
    meaning that it is AoE, but is not limited to AoEs. Try casting a Swallow Soul or Burning Embers inside it (single target skills).

I'm going to test this with Grothdarr soon and post the results here.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Details?

Yes I was referring to Negate Magic. It's a
    globe of magic suppression
    meaning that it is AoE, but is not limited to AoEs. Try casting a Swallow Soul or Burning Embers inside it (single target skills).

I'm going to test this with Grothdarr soon and post the results here.

It does not negate a set that isn't cast by the player nor does it kill it if it is already active because it is single target.
    Look at the tooltip for Negate Magic. It says it stops enemy placed AoE effects and stuns/silences players. Neither of those apply to Zaan set.

FYI, silence only stops magicka skills. It doesn't stop heavy attacks with staves or stamina skills. Zaan wouldn't classify as any of those but is most akin to heavy attacks as it is also initiated by items.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 30, 2018 3:27AM