Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crashing at ROE tonight

DUTCH_REAPER
DUTCH_REAPER
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS your servers are awesome.

That is all.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree
    I crashed there 2x and crashed just trying to log back in to that character 4x
    My ping is almost always over 200.

I am in southern NY, the server is in MD...... WTH

The server needs an overhaul
    Edited by Katahdin on September 29, 2018 1:12AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I agree

I believe the only NA server is in Austin, TX....
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭

That is all.

HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR ROUTER SETTINGS?!?!
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was horrible. Ran there 4 times from Alessia after getting crashed to login. Crashed each time.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helios777 wrote: »
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I agree

I believe the only NA server is in Austin, TX....

Actually TX makes more sense considering my ping used to be around 100-115 most of the time.
    MD should be more around 50
    I did reset my router the other night to see if that might help....nope
    Edited by Katahdin on September 29, 2018 3:50AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way, according to @Rittings this is because of all the filthy tri faction players, not the servers....
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helios777 wrote: »

That is all.

HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR ROUTER SETTINGS?!?!

Hahahahahahaha omg greatest post reply!!

“Yes ZOS...they are exactly ....the....same”
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For context, Roebeck was the last emp keep for AD on PC/NA during primetime. Also had an EP scroll.

3-way faction fight with EP and DC warring for who got the dethrone.

I know tons of EP crashed. I crashed to the log in screen 5 times and never could get back to Roe. About 30 solid minutes of trying and failing to get into Roe and get the dethrone or our scroll.

I know AD and DC crashed as well. I'm sure AD didnt appreciate the massive disconnections as they tried to defend their Emperorship.

Eventually, after a half hour battle against AD, DC, and the servers, the emperor was dethroned and EP got their scroll.

But seriously, ZOS, you have a wonderful setup for PVP where we are encouraged to focus on objectives like dethroning an emperor and recapturing our scrolls. Last night's 3-way faction stack was Cyrodiil working exactly as designed! Cyrodiil's objectives are supposed to create massive high-stakes fights just like what we had at Roebeck last night!

Its such a pity your servers (or whatever hardware/software problem it is) can't handle Cyrodiil as designed. We're supposed to be able to fight for our objectives, not face a half hour of disconnections because we dared fight for our scroll and the last emp keep.

Fix the lag and the persistent performance issues, ZOS. Cyrodiil is amazing, but only when it works right.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me on the AD side. There were a lot of players in the area using a lot of abilities, but the servers should be able to handle it.
    Edited by Aztlan on September 29, 2018 5:09PM
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    My guild was one of the ones there last night trying to dethrone and I was the one who actually grabbed the scroll and ran. But the lag was so bad while I was grabbing it that the scroll glitch out and floated under the ground under me, and when I go back to the temple it would not let me place it on the holder. I had to die and drop it so another EP could put it down..... never seen that sort of glitch before :neutral:
    GM: Army of the Pact
    Loves War almost as much as Tbagging
    -Crow, Mag DK
    -Murder of Crows, Stam Warden
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me on the AD side. There were a lot of players in the area using a lot of abilities, but the servers should be able to handle it.

I'm sure that had to be frustrating. Its hard enough to defend an Emperorship against two factions pushing for the dethrone without having the servers turn the whole fight into a complete mess.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While Roe was going on, I was alone at Dragon... with a 500 ping. One big fight drags the whole thing down.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    While Roe was going on, I was alone at Dragon... with a 500 ping. One big fight drags the whole thing down.

I’ve been at an empty keep and had my ping jump and lag increase, just from certain well-organized ball groups engaging (according to zone chat), and then seen it fade when I hear that the ball group wiped. It’s clear that ZOS’ servers can’t handle their own game when we play the game at the edges of how it’s designed. ZOS needs to either improve their server processing specs or dumb down their game to a level the sever can handle.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the time to make group sizes smaller is now.

I know that won't fix everything, as there are a lot of mindless zergs, but the coordinated groups that cast in unison cause a lot of pile up on the server.

Trials are set to 12 people, I think pvp should be the same.

I don't expect this view to be popular, and I agree that it shouldn't be the fault of the players for what ZOS has churned out, but perhaps it is time.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

I know that won't fix everything, as there are a lot of mindless zergs, but the coordinated groups that cast in unison cause a lot of pile up on the server.

I don't expect this view to be popular, and I agree that it shouldn't be the fault of the players for what ZOS has churned out, but perhaps it is time.

I'd prefer this over more population reduction
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I actually agree, having a 12 man cap would be pretty nice, not to mention it's fairly efficient as well. And it will discourage a bit of the 24-man zerg balls.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭

I actually agree, having a 12 man cap would be pretty nice, not to mention it's fairly efficient as well. And it will discourage a bit of the 24-man zerg balls.

Won't happen, ZOS loves zergs
  • Prax3des
    Prax3des
    ✭✭✭

100% agreed. Been wishing they'd do this for months now.
    PCNA ★ templar apologist, "mercenarial dog"
    JUST SAY NO to faction locks
    Praxedes Amell ~ DC templar
    Arimenta Weiße ~ EP templar
    Cares-About-Map~ EP templar, AR50
    Loraumaire ~ AD templar