Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Impreg needs to be nerfed

Strider__Roshin
Strider__Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
It gives twice as much crit resistance as Transmutation with 100% uptime. Honestly why hasn't this been adjusted yet?
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impreg does need adjustment. Inspite of being available in all weights, it is pushing the heavy armor meta with 7 wellfitted/sturdy builds, thanks to insane crit resistance it gives. It downright nullifies crit builds, which is a primary source of damage of medium armor builds.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd honestly cut it in half. It would still give 19% crit mitigation like Transmutation which is a solid amount.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But then everyone will just run 5-7 impen which is not really better. A better idea would be to add more heavy armor targeted counters like penetration sets.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Difference is, transmutation you can proc on unlimited targets. Impreg is only a 5-piece set on yourself. So you give up an entire 5-piece set for crit resistance.

I agree that Impreg is pretty strong, but you are giving up a lot for it. The issues with Impreg doesn't come from Impreg itself. It comes from CP + heavy armour providing so much more for open-world/1vx. Imo, there isn't any super-broken unbalanced sets atm. It's just how sets interact with CP/each other/armour passives that's the real issue.
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on September 29, 2018 2:12PM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going impreg you're dedicating an entire 5pc to just crit resistance, it deserves to have a high value. Transmutation gives the resistance to everyone you heal.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    If you're going impreg you're dedicating an entire 5pc to just crit resistance, it deserves to have a high value. Transmutation gives the resistance to everyone you heal.

Yes but unlike Transmutation it's unconditional with 100% uptime. It needs to be strong I agree but 2500 is over the top.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And till modifiers drop from 1.9 nightblade/Templars/1.8 everyone else, impreg is needed. Nerfing it will impact LA/MA more than HA.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    I'd honestly cut it in half. It would still give 19% crit mitigation like Transmutation which is a solid amount.

It would be completely eclipsed by Transmutation then. You can easily have 100% up time on any class /build with Transmutation and it gives the buff to entire teams.

The Impregnable set gives strong crit resistance but offers nothing against normal hits and you give up offensive stats if you are Magicka or Stamina based.

If you are running around Cyrodiil looking to burst people within a couple of seconds you probably hate this set. If you are running around trying to not get burst within a couple of seconds you probably love it.

It's balanced IMO.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

And till modifiers drop from 1.9 nightblade/Templars/1.8 everyone else, impreg is needed. Nerfing it will impact LA/MA more than HA.

I think it hurts non-NBs/Templars more honestly. At least Nightblades and Templars can do a little extra damage. I was tested impreg and a Sorc was doing no extra damage to me when they crit. It's too good honestly.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

It would be completely eclipsed by Transmutation then. You can easily have 100% up time on any class /build with Transmutation and it gives the buff to entire teams.

The Impregnable set gives strong crit resistance but offers nothing against normal hits and you give up offensive stats if you are Magicka or Stamina based.

If you are running around Cyrodiil looking to burst people within a couple of seconds you probably hate this set. If you are running around trying to not get burst within a couple of seconds you probably love it.

It's balanced IMO.

Yeah you're right. After making that comment I was trying to calculate what would be the most reasonable number, and came up with 1800. I was comparing it to the maximum mitigation potential of Pariah. 1800 would make you just as tanky as Pariah against crits, but weaker than pariah against non-crits. The trade-off? Can't penetrate crit resistance, 100% uptime for its value, and the 2-4 piece is superior.

So that's my official opinion, it should be reduced to 1800 to be a balanced set.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The set is fine, imo. It's not like Sloads or anything. This set is unique and provides a unique playstyle which isn't really hard to counter. Players are typically running around with the crit resist that this gives anyway.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't need to be adjusted because it's better than transmutation, but because it's by far the best trait available. All other traits have such a tiny impact, that you can as well ignore them. But impen is the only trait, that has such a dramatic impact.

If other traits would give such a significant effect, that would be nice.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as total damage mitigated, it’s pretty on par with other defense sets. No nerfs needed.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's balanced IMO.

Yeah you're right. After making that comment I was trying to calculate what would be the most reasonable number, and came up with 1800. I was comparing it to the maximum mitigation potential of Pariah. 1800 would make you just as tanky as Pariah against crits, but weaker than pariah against non-crits. The trade-off? Can't penetrate crit resistance, 100% uptime for its value, and the 2-4 piece is superior.

So that's my official opinion, it should be reduced to 1800 to be a balanced set.

That just makes it seem way worse than pariah tbh

I think impreg is a good set, but not op. I have never used it in my build because there has always been better options.

• OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

It's balanced IMO.

That just makes it seem way worse than pariah tbh

I think impreg is a good set, but not op. I have never used it in my build because there has always been better options.

^ This.

If players are looking at a set and saying: "That's an interesting set, seems good. I'd rather run 'set X' though" Then it's not OP.
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I don’t get it. I tried running impregnable and didn’t like it much, switched back after a day. Yet I keep hearing how OP it is on forums.

I thought that generally speaking, people didn’t lean toward high crit builds in PvP because critical resistance is a thing. In no-CP especially, I’d rather run 6-7 impenetrable in many other sets over this one.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If not being able to be crit was indeed a major culprit of shields in pvp (making the critmechanic somewhat meaningless) the same is true for impregnable armor.
    It makes builds possible that are entirely immune to critical dmg and should be adressed in some way - because otherwise crit will still suffer from being an undesireable stat.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less crit resist overall will without consideration to crit possibilities be a boon to NB ganking.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »
    Yeah I don’t get it. I tried running impregnable and didn’t like it much, switched back after a day. Yet I keep hearing how OP it is on forums.

I thought that generally speaking, people didn’t lean toward high crit builds in PvP because critical resistance is a thing. In no-CP especially, I’d rather run 6-7 impenetrable in many other sets over this one.

Impreg is meh in battlegrounds (ironic) due to how low everyone's crit is in there, but it's insane in CP.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Impreg is meh in battlegrounds (ironic) due to how low everyone's crit is in there, but it's insane in CP.

So that's, once again, an issue with CP, not Impreg.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »

So that's, once again, an issue with CP, not Impreg.

Because of the passive increase to crit, yes.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm against nerfing a set which is actually available and synergizes well with med armor. Defense sets are stronger than offense sets since a long time now, nerfing Impreg won't change this, there are other options out there (they are just not available for med armor).

It's not even stronger than other tank sets, especially not in no CP.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, interesting timing on this just as many Sorc are considering it to cover their Impen needs....
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, impregnable set does not need to be nerfed.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Lol, interesting timing on this just as many Sorc are considering it to cover their Impen needs....

I've been complaining about this set since Summerset. Don't believe me? Ask Kena.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

One question: where's my set that increases critical damage by 38%?

Impregnable is grossly overpowered, I rest my case.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impreg is fine.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Pretty much this.
    Yes all defensive sets outperform the offensive ones. But usually only on a 1.5 to 2 ratio. If we figure in that the strongest buff to critdmg we can get from a set is 10% impreg is magnitudes too strong even compared to other offensive/defensive set constellations.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If your initial thought when reading this was "that would be overpowered" then congrats! You now see the issue with impreg.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Pretty much this.
    Yes all defensive sets outperform the offensive ones. But usually only on a 1.5 to 2 ratio. If we figure in that the strongest buff to critdmg we can get from a set is 10% impreg is magnitudes too strong even compared to other offensive/defensive set constellations.

To be honest it's not even always the case that defensive sets outperform offensive ones.

Like for example Fortified Brass 5p (5150 resistances) is very comparable to NMG 5p (applies Major Fracture, i.e. 5280 penetration).

True, some classes can apply Major Fracture by other means, but it still exists for stamplars/stam sorcs who don't want to run S&B for Ransack, stam DKs who don't want to slot Noxious, stam wardens who don't run Shalks (lol) & the madmen who don't run Piercing Mark or Surprise Attack on stamblade.

But when you compare Impregnable to other defensive sets... well, there's no competition.

Pariah for example even in the best case scenario would be reducing incoming damage by "only" 8,991%, as it's bundled up with Battle Spirit and all other modifiers that reduce damage taken, where as critical damage reduction is deduced directly from opponent's critical damage modifier, meaning Impregnable is always -38% critical strike damage and not bundled up with anything.

In order for the full strength Pariah (11 094 resistances) to reduce more damage than Impregnable does all the time, you'd have to be fighting someone with less than 24% critical strike chance and even then Impregnable would be better as it reduces the damage that really matters: high burst (i.e. crits).

The closest comparison to Impregnable from offensive sets would be Archer's Mind which increases critical damage by a whopping 5% (15% for that one attack from stealth).

Impregnable is only 660% more effective (and 153% more effective against that one attack from stealth).
    Edited by DDuke on September 29, 2018 8:00PM
This discussion has been closed.