The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Shield Cast Time Removed

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Barrier just took a massive nerf.

Did anybody read the class rep meeting notes??

Barrier did not get a 40% cap. No shield got any new cap yet and the only ones planned are the sorcerer and light armor shields, which still can be stacked to 80% of max health total after the change, if what was said goes through.

They aren't capping "all shield values you can possibly put on your character at 40%" and are only "capping one shield to 40% single buffed" and ONLY on Conjured Ward and Annulment and their morphs.

Healing Ward is not affected.
    Barrier is not affected.
    Sun Shield is not affected.
    Magma Armor is not affected.
    Bone Shield is not affected.
    ...etc....

Source?

please go read the meeting notes

I just did and edited my post to include the relevent part...
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

Barrier did not get a 40% cap. No shield got any new cap yet and the only ones planned are the sorcerer and light armor shields, which still can be stacked to 80% of max health total after the change, if what was said goes through.

They aren't capping "all shield values you can possibly put on your character at 40%" and are only "capping one shield to 40% single buffed" and ONLY on Conjured Ward and Annulment and their morphs.

Barrier is not affected.
    ...etc....

Source?

please go read the meeting notes

I just did and edited my post to include the relevent part...

Yeah, it is at the very least confusing because they step in and out of speaking about Hardened Ward/Annulment and shields in general.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Barrier is not affected.
    ...etc....

Source?
    This is copied directly from the rep notes
    . In one of the upcoming PTS patches, Annulment and Conjured Ward will now be instant-cast abilities that scale off your maximum Magicka (as they do on live currently), but cap the total shield amount to 40% of your character’s maximum health.

I bolded the important bit.

I'm just replying here, since you were already corrected in other threads, to alleviate any confusion or concerns of people who don't see all the info or may only find this thread someday.

I was correct. The devs did clarify that any cap on shields was only "each shield separately" and only currently affecting the shields that scale on max magicka, specifically the sorcerer shield(Conjured Ward) and light armor shield(Annulment).
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how everyone said ZOS wasn't going to change this back. Get rekt.