Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What should be the way forward for NB dungeon healing?

db0ssman
db0ssman
✭✭✭
The nerfs to NB healers with the current PTS are just enough that it will effect most NB healer set ups, but not so much to completely invalidate the play styles. For example, in my current set up, the changes drastically lower the damage I do during boss fights during the main damage phase and hurt my sustain during the execute stage. That's obviously a big part of dungeons and a severe Nerf to a class that only had damage to offer as utility (ooops sorry I forgot we can increase speed for 2 sec). I was messing around on the PTS and finding replacements for refreshing path and funnel health led to a whole Cascade of changes. That made me wonder if NB healers should respec as DPS and off heal (you could clear almost all no dungeons and a lot of vet stuff with just healing springs/healthy offering/healing orbs) or just convert to a HoT healer with greatly diminished damage capability?
Starfire Protocol lvl 50 NB Redmage healer - Main + Master Crafter
Gives Good Heed lvl 50 Warden Super Buff Healer
Crafty Smyth lvl 50 Stamblade Poison Assassin - Farmer
Everyon's Pal Adin lvl 44 Templar Splash Healer
Stands Against Danger lvl 16 DK Tank -ex mule
Matriarch Tamer lvl 18 Baby Sorc Healer

What should be the way forward for NB dungeon healing? 10 votes

Stay HoT healers
40%
Iruil_ESODracan_FontomTheNightflamecoop500 4 votes
Convert to DPS off heals (still queue as healers)
20%
AhPook_Is_HereGuyNamedSean 2 votes
Other-suggestion
40%
templesusHuawaSeppSilver_Stridercrazy_catman21 4 votes
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    Other-suggestion
    Only DD or only healer. You could try to do changes over a gear swap while you're in the dungeon.
    But you have to choose a main role, othwerwise you will stay behind full DDs or healers.
    PTS-EU
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other-suggestion
    Gimme some support tools.
    Have Debilitate offer Minor Lifesteal so I can still contribute some damage + Heals.
    Give Path a synergy that grants Empower so that my allies gain something of value since
    Let Blur apply to Teammates. It's not even a unique buff since Stamina Builds run Blade Cloak and Gossamer exists already to provide this buff already. It goes with ZOS' statement of "Not calling off raid because X class wasn't available". NB isn't there for Blur, use Gossamer instead and you're golden.
    Reduce Soul Siphon to 100 Ultimate. I'd rather use the Resto Utli than Soul Siphon because it gives utility with Major Force/Protection and is cheaper than Soul Siphon, which is only a Heal More button. Reducing its cost isn't going to hurt anyone.o
    Argonian forever
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    Nice ideas, but I mean what should we do with the choices we actually have and not what would hypothetically be nice. Kind of like having a NB healer with 0 damage focus would be nice, but completely impractical.
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
    Other-suggestion
    Reroll to magplar??
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    Reroll to magplar??

Do you work for ZoS or something?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    db0ssman wrote: »
    Reroll to magplar??

He says give up on healing on a NB due to the nerfs and roll a templar and someone you take it he is supporting Zos? Okay.
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Reroll to magplar??

He says give up on healing on a NB due to the nerfs and roll a templar and someone you take it he is supporting Zos? Okay.

Lol. His view was just play a magplar which seems to be ZOS' view on healing. It was just a joke.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other-suggestion
    Well, until this PTS finishes we can't really decide what we'll do since we don't know what might change between now and when PTS finishes that could result in something changing.

ZOS might end up reverting the changes to Refreshing and Funnel, they might add new tools, like my previous suggestion, or they might nerf us even more by removing the Heal from Sap Essence >.> (I'll honestly quit ESO if that were to happen).

All I know is that, my Magblade Healer will be converting to DPS full time if nothing is changed from now until PTS finishes.
    Argonian forever
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #listening&lurking
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Reroll to magplar??

Lol. His view was just play a magplar which seems to be ZOS' view on healing. It was just a joke.

It is really not ZOSs position that temps ought to be the only healers. Just look at the great lengths they have went to make dks have healing ablitys, you might not like the way zos is trying but they are trying to make all classes viable in the healer role. It is the community that is temp/warden or GTFO.
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong. You CAN play any role any class as long as the content is easy enough. But if the highest you can bring a dk healer is the easiest vet dungeons and can only complete some of the harder nm dungeons by respecing to be like a bad Templar is that really diverse gameplay? The NB is caught in the awkward middle ground where the nerfs to damage make it a worse healer in low level content while making it still lag behind. That's where the choice comes in to make it a DPS that off heals to be useful in the low to middling content or stay as it is to where you are a more capable healer for harder stuff, but still not optimal because everything was balanced around being a Templar.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other-suggestion
    NB dungeon healer? Who cares? Why do people even still bring healers in dungeons?