Maintenance for the week of May 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 7.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC).
[Bug] Housing Editor
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_ChipHilseberg[ Issue ]
Parent item can sometimes be picked up and placing down with the child items ending in "out-of-sync" positions.[ Steps to Reproduce ]
For what it's worth
- Link multiple child items to a parent item.
- While in Housing Editor selection mode, jerk the mouse while picking up the parent item.
- The parent item will sometimes have moved slightly before the child items begin to follow.
- Place the parent item.
- You will see that the overall shape has become distorted; repeating this process will further exaggerate the distortion.
, I initially had the same problem when writing the Essential Housing Tools add-on's drag-and-drop feature as well:
I think the Editor may be moving the child items relative to where the parent item's position is at the moment the Editor Mode finishes changing to Placement mode; to resolve this, the child items would need to begin moving relative to the parent item's position from before the user ever clicked on the parent item.
I resolved this by maintaining a cache of all of the items' positions and orientations so I could refer to this cache to get the actual position of the parent item (the item being dragged by the user) rather than relying on the HousingEditorGetFurnitureWorldPosition(...) return values after the Mode change had already taken place.
I hope that makes sense / helps! Also, I would love to join your team. I plan to apply for a dev position soon, so hopefully I will get a chance to talk to you... :-P