The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Negotiations With Zos On shields

ezio45
ezio45
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Zos I think it is clear by now that zos and the magicka player base are not coming to a middle ground on this unless there is direct engagement with a member of the combat team working with the community to react a place that is acceptable to both zos and the light armor community.

Lets have this talk because this isnt working, zos hearing our concerns and making adjustments to then present us with is not going to work. Zos and the community are to far apart on this goal wise. Lets work together on this for once and come up with a plan because we have 3 weeks until this goes live and magicka doesnt want to be crippled and zos doesnt want players angry and losing faith in eso. Trust once gone can not always be repaired.

Below are a list of things I feel is acceptable by the community on regards to shields

- Decreased shield value but no more than than 30%
- Increased cost but no more than 40%
- A system in place were the sorc and light amor shield cannot stack

Changes the community feels are unacceptable.

- Cast times or any major change to how shields function
- Any decrease in strength above 45%
- Any cost increase above 80%

Again I would please request someone from zos actively work with the community to find a point we can both be happy with to restore the community faith in and good will towards zos. Lets plan this together.
Edited by ezio45 on September 27, 2018 8:42PM
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lan.gif
    shameful.
    Edited by StamWhipCultist on September 27, 2018 8:44PM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

First proposal I would like to throw out is

Unstackable shields, 4 second duration, costing 4k that scale with 45k max mag to 9k pvp and 18k pve, unaffected by player physical and spell resist but effected by crit resist and can receive crit damage
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just think minor stuff for now..

Since stacking magika isn't optimal anymore, have them also scale off spell-damage to open more build options.
    Change bastion to reduce dmg done to shields
    Perhaps introduce some decent heavy spell-damage sets an re-evaluate sorc(and other mag) damage capability given what has to be given up to get enough survivability.

Then see what needs adjusting after that. I don't expect the third to be accomplishable in this patch
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I just think minor stuff for now..

Since stacking magika isn't optimal anymore, have them also scale off spell-damage to open more build options.
    Change bastion to reduce dmg done to shields
    Perhaps introduce some decent heavy spell-damage sets an re-evaluate sorc(and other mag) damage capability given what has to be given up to get enough survivability.

Then see what needs adjusting after that. I don't expect the third to be accomplishable in this patch

if sorc could sustain in heavy and had a decent heal we wouldnt use shields

but that still leave 0 room for any non glass cannon light armor build
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm, so when you get what you want, you beg for more? Shields will be nerfed. Lets make that very clear here. Shields won't get away with minor nerfs either.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am against any further shields static cost increase.

We are already magicka starved as is. Maybe a penalty for spamming shields too often, but not always.

Because if you have a weak shield but you can cast it more often, then the next boss blow will vaporize it and dent into your health but healer shall spend HIS magicka to patch you up and then you cast shield again.

If you have a stronger shield with bigger cost, the boss still blows 80% of it. So you'll have to recast it anyway. The healer won't have to do anything and will complain he's useless (more nerfs inc.). But with increased cost, you won't be able to recast it as much as needed. End result, you risk less at first but then spend your time starved and useless at the only thing you have been hired for: DPS.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically, and literally, members of the combat team and the community have already discussed this at length. Besides the comments and threads made overf the past week + there is also the class representatives, or whatever they are called that spend a good part of their meeting with Zos yesterday speaking on this can came up with the change.

While I do not know how much of this change was from a suggestion from the resps or if it was all devs and reps just figured it was better than nothing, idk, but it is a much better change than was we had.

Beyond us providing our feedback and something like the class reps there really is no other option, Clearly Zos cannot discuss this with all of us individually.

Considering OP is still talking about something Devs have already said they were back off of, cast time, not sure if he should be negotiating.
    Edited by idk on September 27, 2018 9:31PM
  • mongoLC
    mongoLC
    ✭✭✭✭
    leave shields as is. No annulment and conjured ward stack. Anything else is a big *** you zos i am unsubing.
    Edited by mongoLC on September 27, 2018 9:29PM