The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where can I find details on shield changes?

josiahva
josiahva
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been looking everywhere but cant find the details. I hear people saying 40% of max health, but cant find the actual notes. I am trying to figure out how this affects my tank more than anything. Does this affect all shields? Including barrier? The bone shield/ spinal surge synergy? Etc etc. My tank stacks shields for the entire group and has been doing so long before the short time that type of build was the meta, so the actual notes are important to me. When I cast igneous, or Imperium procs, does the shield strength applied go off of MY maximum health or the tatget's? Considering my build(before this change anyway) was capable of stacking 50k+ shields on the entire group(assuming people bothered to hit spinal surge synergy) it made the build very useful indeed for no-death runs of vet DLC dungeons and the like...how much will this cripple the build? As if the fact it was meta and nerfed didnt already cripple it enough after the meta moved on, leaving my long-standing build weaker. I am really hoping this doesn't affect it too badly...if it does I will have to shelve the character entirely.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I also have some questions,

Is the 40% reduced to 20% by battle spirit
    Does this apply per shield or to shields stacked, so 40% 40% or a combined 40%
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 27, 2018 6:26PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I also have some questions,

Is the 40% reduced to 20% by battle spirit
    Does this apply per shield or to shields stacked, so 40% 40% or a combined 40%

if anyone need to use shield in PVP, its obvious that ZOS want them to stack shield (after battle spirit will destroy shield strength) and get total shield like 10-12 k maximum
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change hasn't happened yet. You'll have to wait until it actually hits the PTS, next week or later, to see the final iteration.