Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else have an OCD need to match their characters to their mounts?

Aurielle
Aurielle
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If so, show me what you’ve got! I have wasted literal hours and thousands upon thousands of gold ensuring that my characters complement their mounts as much as possible.
qD1OAmP.jpg

9UtpT3C.jpg

KpCdmRS.jpg

jcVyULo.jpg

qjbEw1U.jpg

znIfPgU.jpg

It’s so bad, I’m actually bothered by the fact that you can’t see my Ebon orbs on my tank, or my active Ilambris weapon effects on my Khajiit...

• Petitesse
    Petitesse
    ✭✭
    Good work, looks really nice.

I also try to match my chars with their mounts.
    Edited by Petitesse on August 8, 2018 2:07PM
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, also some mounts are character specific and no-one else is allowed to ride them, some of my characters have to earn the right to ride a mount for example if they can't fight they won't be riding any kind of war/Cyrodiil mount..

Some mounts are both character and outfit/costume or even hairstyle specific

Also they have Cyrodiil and PVE mounts

lol

I spend a lot of money on mounts so like to see that they are used properly..
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahahaha yessss I do it too, even on my mules !

61vmlbee2g9c.png
    rk91xz9phpbm.png
    774h4wtcqeji.png
    e5yywbqzoq35.png

I actually spent HOURS trying out different shades for "Hearth Husband" and am still upset that I don't have a beige/light brown that fits the horse. It's either too yellowish, reddish, dark or light TnT
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Ahahaha yessss I do it too, even on my mules !

61vmlbee2g9c.png
    rk91xz9phpbm.png
    774h4wtcqeji.png
    e5yywbqzoq35.png

I actually spent HOURS trying out different shades for "Hearth Husband" and am still upset that I don't have a beige/light brown that fits the horse. It's either too yellowish, reddish, dark or light TnT

Hahaha, glad I’m not the only one. Even your pets match! :D My characters used to have pets too, but the stress of making sure that they matched (which is not always easy, as I’m sure you know) got too much for me. Now they have NO pets.

I love the grey theme you have for your sorc with the Yokudan charger.
    Edited by Aurielle on August 12, 2018 1:01PM
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aurielle Ahah, thanks :blush: Moneiba used to have another color scheme, she got her make over a couple weeks ago when I realized I had unlocked quite a few new colors !

About the pets : if you have the clockwork city, maybe the dovah fly pet that comes with it could fir Khutala. I particulaly like both your argonians btw. The names are great too ! I feel very judged.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some new looks. B)

r3WDUrh.jpg

VDdW4sg.jpg

mgnTPWv.jpg
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other way around for me. I found an appearance for the character and won't purchase any mount that doesn't match.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha, cool way to dress a character: dress as a mount :smiley:
  • deathrayconference
    deathrayconference
    Soul Shriven
    I was going to reply yes, but you and Itacira are on a whole other level! :o super work! <3
    PSN: DeathRayDolly

Contact me on PSN if you need a free vampire bite! (EU server only).

No champion toons yet, but playing almost daily.

Torradana - Dark Elf Vampire NB (LV40ish)
    Slynerie - Dark Elf MagDK (LV20ish)
    Shashi-daro - Khajiit DW StamBlade (Just rolled)
    Lahgazra - Orc -2H StamDK (Just rolled)
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t typically use bears, but my Orc needed a change, so...

1UlVQev.jpg
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends. For example I stopped riding the dro-M'Athra on my main because the only colors I could bear to wear with it were black and blue and that got boring, but the ordinary horse I'll let her wear whatever on.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like to try and match the character, the mount, and the pet.

h0CP370.jpg

oEBiofx.jpg
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't been playing for very long yet, so I haven't had as much opportunity to scratch that particular itch as I would like (or to refine them to perfect matches), but yes, I feel the need.

B1fwdM7.png
    MPnkvcX.png
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    I haven't been playing for very long yet, so I haven't had as much opportunity to scratch that particular itch as I would like (or to refine them to perfect matches), but yes, I feel the need.

B1fwdM7.png
    MPnkvcX.png

Woaaaah super cool ! Also : I really really like your Nord !
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness yes!

I get so caught up in trying to find both a mount and a pet that match my characters.

I'm at work right now so I cannot post my images just yet but I will aim to do so when I get home later today.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Woaaaah super cool ! Also : I really really like your Nord !

She's my favorite. <3

(also my main; as much as an altoholic can have a main, I mean.)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is amazing, I don't do this but now I really want to start!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    This thread is amazing, I don't do this but now I really want to start!

Do it! It’s so oddly satisfying. :D

I forgot to add this shot of my main

Sksh9hE.jpg

Finally found a use for that tattoo, and the Pyandorean legs look so great against the horse when she’s mounted up.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Finally found a use for that tattoo, and the Pyandorean legs look so great against the horse when she’s mounted up.

Sweet! That's a sharp look.

Question: How do you get your UI elements to look like that of ES: Skyrim? Is that via an add-on?

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »

Sweet! That's a sharp look.

Question: How do you get your UI elements to look like that of ES: Skyrim? Is that via an add-on?

Nah, not an add on — it’s the console UI. Though I believe you can get the same look on PC if you use a controller.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inspired by @Itacira and the rest of you guys, my characters now have matching pets equipped.

MTSbHge.jpg

ZDAJSS3.jpg

BcXFRwe.jpg

QkX6cey.jpg

I30K633.jpg

I think I have a problem.

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love all the matches shown here :)

As for my own characters, I don't have some strong wish to match character + mount + pet in colors and style. But I do like it when it happens. I don't try to do it perfectly though :/

I have one character who was born only thanks to Nightmare Senche mount - I was inspired by it's colors and style, and created another dragonknight just to match it :smiley:

BduV5Ro.jpg

My main character almost always uses black color, and their match with one of my favourite mounts was only natural <3

P34xkYh.jpg

This is simply natural Dark Brotherhood match (and the spider just has nice matching colors):

Av7QguE.jpg

This character didn't give me any special idea for colors when I created him. He was wearing nice purple robe with gold and black parts while leveling. Then I was experimenting... And when I applied Buoyant Armiger body markings to him, I suddenly decided his permanent image :smiley: I bought the blue little snake specially for him - all my other characters use ordinary brown snake:

0rlvK4O.jpg

This character has few costumes which I equally like on her. And the fact that I can match them with few mounts and pets is luck. Well, originally, when I bought the first mount from store (Pride-King lion), I loved his armor and named him Golden - and it inspired me for some golden knight theme:

hR9BZSQ.jpg

Then we got first New Life festival, cozy warm hat (which dyes horribly in white colors), and she got another image of wise northern healer:

lPJPJk1.jpg

Her most recent image of warm sunlight:

xqfBZAI.jpg
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and no. There is an overall theme for each character that must be met. Once I get a character to that magical point, they will not be changed. And no two characters can be the same, have the same look, mount or pet. I'm at work so I can't get pictures right now, but I think I have some up on my Twitter somewhere...
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guilty as charged. o:)
    FyraGQA.png
    zWnlTXy.png
    RBKmwGR.png
    AIaX6bs.png
    Jpj7OcD.png
    JurNnFs.png
    jqGSyae.png
    QxzcZwF.png
    VuQfA9o.png
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main has dro Martha and matching armor as well as doom wolf and costume but no pic of them unfortunately. My alt is fire themed.
    zdPl4oi.jpg
    dDuNwJ9.jpg[\img]NqOP9no.jpg
    Edited by LordLomax on September 25, 2018 10:41PM
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Watchdog Brawls-With-Bears looks so badass ! As does the name

@LordLomax wow, that's some shine there ! nice elemental themes. Love the fire !

@Fischblut Lovely screencaps ! The dark brotherhood skeleton one is especially awesome

@Aurielle But it's such a good-looking problem. Judges-You-Silently looks as fantastic as ever. Also, the tattoo on Sarethia looks awesome !

• MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all... ;)

tnuqey9krqxi.png
    9qppvzl5y0qj.png
    hntgj6kci012.png
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even PLAY these alts, they remain eternally lvl 3, I just outfit and match them x)))

rb2onow3skat.png

(ok so the white fox is kind of cheating but I didn't have a better fit x) )
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    Guilty as charged. o:)
    VuQfA9o.png

Great Nords think alike, @Watchdog! :D I haven't been very serious about matching her yet.

jlzs4vgng8py.png

Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MamaDruid wow, awesome ! The redguard looks so good. Also love how serious she looks surrounded by her prettied up ponies x)