The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Purchase ability to fish in waters in your homes? Or would this just be abused?

Karius_Imalthar
Karius_Imalthar
✭✭✭✭✭
I realized as I typed this that people would abuse this for perfect roe... disregard unless someone can think of a way to keep it fun and not be abused.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about them excluding perfect roe from the fish in your home to avoid the exploit if they add such a feature?
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on September 22, 2018 1:26AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't see how it could be abused when there are literally hundreds (thousands?) of safe spots to fish around Tamriel.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something I've wished for as well. Yes, you can fish just about anywhere, but being able to fish at home would really be something special.

I've also pondered how to balance it and they could easily put a steep timer on it to stop any potential for abuse. 1/hour should be enough, but I'd be more than happy with 1/day just as long as it was possible.

And not just for fishing, but I'd like to see this for all types of harvest nodes, insects, and even wild game like deer and foxes. In addition to a significant respawn timer, they could be further balanced by giving them their own furnishing category (ex. Harvestable Furnishings) with a very limited amount per home, like say a max of 10.

It would allow you to do more in your homes, even if it were just once a day, helping breathe a little life into them.

Edit: From a design standpoint, the only thing that would need be altered from normal fishing holes would be to remove the rares. This means you'd have generic Lake, River, Ocean, or Foul Fishing Holes to place. Now if the idea were taken to the extreme, you'd leave in the rares meaning you could buy the different fishing hole types for each zone, which would allow interested people to collect them all for Guild Halls dedicated to fishing holes. I doubt we'd ever see anything like that, but its certainly an interesting idea.
    Edited by Ertosi on September 22, 2018 7:19AM
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Could make it the same as zone fishing so that it couldnt be abused.

Make at least 3 fishing holes, only have one up at a time when that one is used up after x time one of the other ones spawns. Make the spawn location RNG so there is no way to have a bot go to them in order since there is no order.

Home fishing could be great. No non skinnable trophy fish.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fish shop would be easier
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd settle for a non-functional fishing spot that simply lets a character do the fishing animation as a personality idle. It doesn't have to be something that provides fish, and a home furnishing one couldn't be all types of water at once, anyway.

Maybe you could only catch one type of fish there, which would have no practical use? Even as bait.
    Edited by ghastley on September 24, 2018 4:07PM
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the island beach house and would love to be able to fish there.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would only think this would be good if there was both a limit on the amount of nodes and the respawn timer was more like 20 hours, per account.

Fishing would be easy to limit as your only going to reasonably have one water type on your house property (pond or lake for most with a couple having salt). I like the above idea of at least having the ability to use the fishing animation.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Don't see how it could be abused when there are literally hundreds (thousands?) of safe spots to fish around Tamriel.

I would think someone would instantly have a fishing bot in their house that would fish 24/7.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't support the idea to fish solo in a house. Despite an obvious reason described above (fishing bot abuse), in an mmo the people should gather together on the overland fishing spot to fish together, that way increasing a visible population on the map. It's a nice view when we wander through the wilds, to spot a player fishing somewhere.
    Even if it was restricted just to guild houses, it's still strong possibility that some dishonest people would create guilds just to exploit & abuse.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of tears and fears over the idea of abuse, but those doing so are selectively reading and missing that most people proposing the idea are also saying it should come with a hefty cool-down timer of 20-24hrs per respawn. I also proposed that they should be under one of the furnishing categories that only allows a max of 10/house. Another proposed it merely trigger the fishing animation. All of these are acceptable ways of ensuring its balanced.

Even when only taking the suggested cool down timer into account, you've already eliminated any possibility of abuse. Seriously, a bot standing around 1 spot waiting for a 24hr timer to pop would have to be the most inefficient bot ever. Add in the limited number per house and you've got all your bases covered.

People who like this idea aren't wanting it to be able to fish 24/7 in their homes. They're wanting it simply to bring a little life to their homes, even if its just useable once per day or merely triggers the animation.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:47PM
  • nemvar
    nemvar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a fishing hole without any fish in it. All you would get are trash items. Could still be nice as a RP thing. Would be a great reward for the new year event.