Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will you still buy the Summerset Villa in the Crown Store if we fail the 100% Summerfall challenge?

Sheezabeast
Sheezabeast
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If we do not achieve a high enough user turnout for the goal ZOS has set, and we do not get the house, what is the likelihood that you will still buy the home with Crowns?
Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!

Will you still buy the Summerset Villa in the Crown Store if we fail the 100% Summerfall challenge? 141 votes

Yes, I will get this home one way or another
6%
perogwin_ESOIruil_ESOkimaerilKevin_of_DevinshireVahlyanceCharliff1966Castiarfrostz417EliteWarrior 9 votes
Begrudgingly yes...but I won't like it
4%
SSlargDrathlymsettenPrayingSeraphMagicalLijaVladihiel 6 votes
No, no motivation to buy it
84%
SirAndyTerfinSlurgSuddwrathDarcyMardinSporvanRair.KitaniYusufKayiraDanikatixieAlienSlofBrother_NumsieSotha_SilSheezabeastCHVINZZAtallantabeckamayElsonsoPocketNova 119 votes
Other
4%
RGvolterraLakeJJBoomeranadandyLukosCreydenKittytravelRareMagi 7 votes
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would, not will. Will is predictive. Would is conditional. We don't know the conditions after the event. For all we know September 28 is the 'soft' end for the event and October 2 - when the Summerset sale ends - is their back-up extension and absolute final cut-off on the reward opportunity.

Let's get through the week first before negotiating an alternative.
    signing off
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, nope!
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because I love this house and it's magnificent, BUT I know I can't furnish it in an acceptable way with only 700 furniture.

So if it's free, it's great, but I would not buy it with crowns.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its very nice house, but houses in general miss some basic functionality for me, to be worth real money:
    - outbound wayshrine
    - daily/writ boards
    - daily/writ dropoffs
    - guildbanker, merchant that can repair, horse trainer, fence that can launder
    - more slots to build sth cool (esp for that one 700 is far to low, if it even has that much)
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, but then I never buy houses with crowns.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. Not if the event fails because of some secret, arbitrary number that we don’t reach (despite all the effort with guild events and folks doing multiple servers).

I was going to buy it with crowns — I saved them up. But, no, now I won’t buy it if they snatch it away like a carrot dangled
    in front of a donkey.
    Edited by DarcyMardin on September 25, 2018 6:10AM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    No, but not because the only motivation would be the contest - it's not to my taste, so I wouldn't have bought it anyway.

I certainly won't turn it down if they put in in my account though.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should we fail? On one hand, the villa IS stunning. But on the other hand, there IS a Xanmeer coming with Murkmire that may put the villa to shame. Especially since the Xanmeer, while also a manor home, has a much more manageable interior and exterior when factoring in the dreaded item limit.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on September 24, 2018 8:19PM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't buy any houses, i bought skywatch inn when i first returned to ESO, big mistake, never again.
    Edited by DanteYoda on September 25, 2018 4:14PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price point of the large homes is ridiculous. On top of that, I prefer smaller homes anyway.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't intending to buy it before the promotion was announced, regardless of the cost. Honestly I'm still not that interested in having it. If we do get it mine will probably become storage for furniture or a place to experiment with building things.
    Edited by Danikat on September 25, 2018 7:12PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do look forward to obtaining the villa as an event reward, I would definitely not buy it for like 14000 Crowns unfurnished, as is now so common for such large houses.

That is just too much real money force to justify such an expense to myself.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    No, simply because I can't afford it. It Is a beautiful home, though.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the people that brought it before finding out they could get it for free? I mean, if everyone has it how special will it really be?
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I only did my two server runs to do my part. I honestly don't give 2 figs about the house. Too big, nothing to do with it. Will likely sit empty and unvisited on my account. I am not complaining about free stuff though! That is always welcome.

I have the house in northern Bangkorai. That is more than enough for me.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, I already have a medium house that does the job.
    I'll happily move into the villa, but I won't pay crowns for it.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    What about the people that brought it before finding out they could get it for free? I mean, if everyone has it how special will it really be?

It's never been on sale.

I think it was introduced with Summerset, or shortly after, but it was assumed to be a limited-time sale like most of the other notable houses.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will never pay $100 for a crown house
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's waaay too expensive, too big and impossible to furnish properly with 700 items.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • kimaeril
    kimaeril
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will get this home one way or another
    I bought this house on the PTS and loved it and plan on making it my primary residence. I've been waiting for it to show up in the crown store and have saved crowns to buy it. If we get it through the event though that would be awesome because that leaves me more crowns to decorate it.
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    Grats to all of us! Looks like we'll all have a pretty villa to enjoy!
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    No, because a furnished version probably would have run 20k crowns, and i will never drop that much money in one go on a set of pixels i only own until the game shuts down lol