The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why do houses not have multiple instances for customization?

Nelphy
Nelphy
✭✭
I had a google and have not seen this discussed before. I would like to see multiple instances of a house available for customization. I find it annoying when I have lots of ideas for how to furnish a particular house but only one instance of the house to work with.

It would be great if there was some kind of instance selection option when you load a given player house and each instance could be given a custom name. For example when someone loads a house such as the Snug pod they could be presented with “which instance of the house do you want to load A, B or C?” and each instance could be furnished differently.

As the game is heavily instanced anyway I am sure Zos could pull this off. Besides more instances of a house would use more furnishings so people would have more reason to grind for longer for the furnishings or buy them from the store which is what Zos rly wants.

Would anyone else like to see this system implemented?
  • Zariah
    Zariah
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my gosh -yes-. I'm always torn between several ideas. Some of the houses are simply better then others, and I'd love to be able to buy them again to decorate differently.
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    I'm constantly wishing I could do this... I have a bunch of ways I want my Primary home. But have to keep redoing it instead. Please give us alt instances of the same house ❤