Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What could be the issue ?

RareMagi
RareMagi
Soul Shriven
So I have been playing ESO on my laptop for about a month now with no issues at all. But now I am wanting to play it on my bigger monitor using my laptop as a PC. My issue is after a while my screen goes completely black and I can hear the game sounds but seen nothing and have to end task for the black to go away. Just wondering if there is a fix for this so I can play on my monitor.

[Laptop Specs]
GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 24 gb
CPU: i7-6700hq 2.6GHz
RAM: 32gb

[monitor]
2k monitor
27"

Best Answer

• Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so the monitor is still working and only ESO is broken, that already rules a lot of things out.
    I would have said driver aswell, but if that is not the issue, try maybe to play around with some graphic settings in ESO.
    For example try to:
    - reduce it to minimum
    - set a lower resolution than 2k (maybe "standard" HD)
    - change the mode ESO runs in (so if you play Full Screen, try Windowed, or the other way around). Of course if you go windowed you would need to change your native resolution for your whole pc I think.

Those are not really permanent solutions but if you change that all and it suddenly works you can at least start to pin point what exactly is causing trouble.
    If not, you ruled at least a lot of things out lol.
    Answer ✓
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    We will probably need a bit more information here to help you.

Just for starters, what do you mean with "after a while"? 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 2 hours?

The game sounds, are they coming from your laptop speakers, headphones, or does the monitor have built in speakers you can hear them from?

How do you end the task, alt +F4?

Lot of things could be case, maybe your driver needs an update, maybe your monitor doesn't really register the signal and simply shuts down due to "inactivity", maybe the cable you have is simply too long (I know for example that there a higher resolution monitors with issues when the display port cable is longer than a meter), etc.
  • RareMagi
    RareMagi
    Soul Shriven
    it is roughly about after an hour of playing on the monitor.

the sounds is coming from the headphone jack which is on the laptop

and when I end the task I press the windows key to get too my desktop and go to task manager
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a driver issue, as RareMagi proposed. Update your video card driver and see whats up
  • RareMagi
    RareMagi
    Soul Shriven
    Prabooo wrote: »
    sounds like a driver issue, as RareMagi proposed. Update your video card driver and see whats up

My Drivers are already up to date , sadly no new drivers lol thank you for your help though