Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill Leveling Severely Bugged

irstarkey57
irstarkey57
✭✭✭✭
Skills do not show progress while leveling. The only way to see how much your skill has leveled is to keep relogging or reloading UI. It’s one thing for a vet player to do this because they can make it work (though super annoying) but I guarantee this is a much larger issue for new players who will just simply not know what’s going on. Also, this bug has been there for at least two weeks now. Upper craglorn delver achievement still bugged due to Loth Na caverns still after three years too. : /
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup had this happen to me on Xbox NA when leveling up some psijic skills on a character a couple days ago.

You are entirely right that it isn't a big deal to many of us but newer players will get extremely frustrated with this.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skills do not show progress while leveling. The only way to see how much your skill has leveled is to keep relogging or reloading UI. It’s one thing for a vet player to do this because they can make it work (though super annoying) but I guarantee this is a much larger issue for new players who will just simply not know what’s going on. Also, this bug has been there for at least two weeks now. Upper craglorn delver achievement still bugged due to Loth Na caverns still after three years too. : /

The skill leveling progress bug actually started with Wolfhunter / Update 19, so on PC it actually started on the 13th of August, and ZOS still hasn't even acknowledged it's existence despite there being multiple threads on the forum about this issue.

I can't speak to the Craglorn one, though.

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last patch on 9/10 seemed to fix this for me. I got vampire, first time ever, after this and the vampire skills seem to be showing progress as they level just fine. I'll have to wait until they rank up to be sure.
    Either that or it updates every load screen now which it didn't seem to before.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno are you guys aware of this bug? It is pretty annoying and as the OP said, it will be very confusing to new players.
    PC/EU DC
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, it is showing for Vammpire line and skills as they gain xp, which I just got last night, but my psijic skil lIntrospection, morph of Medfitate, isn't showing progress until a /reloadui.

It seems the date the skill line was added to your character matters.

Hmm, perhaps this has something to do with the skill advisor and the stupid change that hides all skill lines until you actually do something to reveal them, like no weapon skill lines until you kill something with the specific weapon, which is ridiculous as a system anyway.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, it is showing for Vammpire line and skills as they gain xp, which I just got last night, but my psijic skil lIntrospection, morph of Medfitate, isn't showing progress until a /reloadui.

Hmm, perhaps this has something to do with the skill advisor and the stupid change that hides all skill lines until you actually do something to reveal them, like no weapon skill lines until you kill something with the specific weapon, which is ridiculous as a system anyway.

Calling attention to this for you @ZOS_Wrobel and @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    This could be the heart of your problem. I bet the skill bar progress is not showing for skill lines made visible before whatever change caused this because my vampire skill line is showing progress updating in real-time while other skill lines, including the Psijic Order one, do not.
  • Derbforgaill
    Derbforgaill
    ✭✭✭
    This has been reported previously, but no one from ZOS acknowledged it, as usual
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5433666#Comment_5433666
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also reported it a few days ago: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/433672/skills-not-levelling-and-stuttering-happening-again#latest Skills that were ready to be morphed wouldn't show the available morphs and were stuck in their previous rank, I could only solve it by reloading the UI.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is the same issue I am seeing on xbox NA right now. I just finished off leveling the restro line on an alt and attempted to level Panacea. Unfortunately none of the exp I gained seemed to count to the skill and it is sitting stuck at level 1 without any visible progress to the skill.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Few times during a fight I got message that skill so and so can now be morphed. When fight was over opened skill menu and xp was still missing to max. Then reloaded UI and skill was maxed and allowed morphing.
  • olancho
    olancho
    ✭✭
    Yep, have been experiencing this issue since PC/Mac Patch v4.1.6 released on August 20 on all toons on my account.
  • o6untouchable
    I've been noticing this bug pretty badly this week. Got the pop-ups telling me that abilities were ready to be morphed, but when I pulled up the skill menu to actually spend points on them, they were still stuck half-way through III. Took loading into a new area to dislodge them.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Calling attention to this for you @ZOS_Wrobel and @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    This could be the heart of your problem. I bet the skill bar progress is not showing for skill lines made visible before whatever change caused this because my vampire skill line is showing progress updating in real-time while other skill lines, including the Psijic Order one, do not.

Update to this...

I maxed out my vampire rank last night, up until this point the skills were showing progress. I now do not see progress on the skill's bars in the vampire line until I /reloadui or change zone or relog.

This is definitely tied to the skill line itself being max rank or not, when that stops showing progress because it stops gaining progress. It could also be potentially tied to other skills in the same line being maxed out also, but that has not been the case when they have a morph available at least.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prevents you from morphing it too.

Posted about it on the day of release because they said bugs we're the reason PC got discounted skill Respec.

I said we too have bugs.

I was promptly ignored
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got an exaggerated variant of this bug. Happened to a really old NB alt that I started leveling again. Since I last played the toon (ages and ages ago) the level requirement to unlock their Shadow skill Shadow Cloak had gone up. They had already unlocked and slotted the skill, even morphed it to Shadowy Disguise, but now its showing as locked as she's no longer high enough level to purchase it (even though it can still be unslotted and reslotted). I leveled her some more until she's more than high enough level for it, but its still showing as locked and isn't giving any options to put a skill point into it to unlock it. As its locked, its not able to gain any more experience, despite being slotted.

6z2bjcs7lcs3.jpg

I'm sure my particular variant is also related to the other bug caused by experience increases needed for skills before they can be morphed, which causes older characters who respec a skill to no longer be able to re-morph it afterwards, until they make up the difference in experience.

Also pretty sure that once I respec this particular skill, it'll correct my probs, but just haven't gotten around to giving it a try yet. Only, not sure its going to let me respec a locked skill... XD

Edit (for Clarification): I was level 14 when I started playing on this toon again. I've had Shadowy Disguise slotted since then (on both bars since hitting lvl 15!) and its experience hasn't budged a bit. Relogging the toon doesn't change this.

Edit (Update/Resolution): Because the skill was locked, I was not able to select it to be remorphed individually, but I was able to select the Clear All Morphs option for all Shadow Skills at a shrine, which resolved my issue. I'm now able to level this skill normally.
    Edited by Ertosi on September 17, 2018 4:43PM
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    No fix for that bug in 4.1.10 :/. Must always relog to morph a skill. very frustrating :(
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    this bug and variations of it appeared on the release of wolfhunter / update 19. there have been numerous threads here in the forum in both the general and bugs sections, and I still have yet to see ZOS even acknowledge it. They've addressed other bugs associated with that update, but not this one. I give up trying to press them for it. At this point, each time I have a skill hit level IV, I just reloadui. Despite being a pain, it's less annoying than continuing to chase ZOS around on it, only to be ignored.

• Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    No fix for that bug in 4.2.5 :/. Must always relog to morph a skill. very frustrating :(
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • g6x8h12
    g6x8h12
    Reset of all skills and desapiere of the Aliance War skill line after confirming the changes on the Outfit Station.
    vgjoewpzi8h9.jpg
  • g6x8h12
    g6x8h12
    Outfit Station bug
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug is still not fixed... skills do not show their levelling progress; also when we get the prompt that they can be morphed, it will not show... must reload UI to see progress and/or moprh them. Please let us know if you are looking into this.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necroing here

@ZOS_GinaBruno PLEASE IT'S MONTHS OLD
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • MachineKludge
    ping

It seems well reported already, but since nobody is acknowledging, maybe we need to use smaller words to be understood.

Skill progress is not being updated in the skill leveling UI. Messages are reported that this-or-that skill has increased level but the progress bar shows no increase since entering the zone. Similarly, messages will report a skill can be morphed, but it cannot actually be morphed because the skill leveling UI is not allowing it, i.e the UI has not matched/updated the progress.

One must leave the zone. Sometimes loading screens related to quest progress or enter/exit a delve might update the progress, but they might not. Whereas completely leaving one zone to another seems to always cause an update.

After an update happens, the progress stops updating again until the next time it is forced.

Is that clear enough? I can try drawing pictures next time.

(Maybe ZoS support think I am rude? Maybe I wouldn't be so rude if ZoS support did simple things like say, '"Thanks for the report." and "We will do our best to look into it.", or even, "We understand people are frustrated, but since there is a workaround, higher priority issues are being addressed first.")
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, just confirming we have seen this and have a fix scheduled in our next major update. Thank you!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post