The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Please make JC Master writs vendor sellable, or stop rewarding them!

Panomania
Panomania
✭✭✭✭
ZOS, can we PLEASE make JC master writs vendor sellable?? At least then they'd be worth SOMETHING. The way you have this garbage set now you immediately lose hundreds of thousands of gold in mats when you craft them (not exaggerating, craft any legendary writ now and you net lose over 200K gold). That or stop rewarding them! They are WORTHLESS!! Do you people even PLAY the game you develop? The way JC upgrade mats are acquired the masters will never, EVER be worth doing unless you pump the rewards another 30%+, and if you were gonna do that you'd have done so when you recently adjusted them.

PLEASE fix this. Doesnt take a genius to figure the math on this.
The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure which server/platform you play on, but on PC N/A a gold jewelry piece is actually closer to 400k to make in mats. (75k per chromium plate, 30k per zircon plate = 390k)
    Starfire Protocol lvl 50 NB Redmage healer - Main + Master Crafter
    Gives Good Heed lvl 50 Warden Super Buff Healer
    Crafty Smyth lvl 50 Stamblade Poison Assassin - Farmer
    Everyon's Pal Adin lvl 44 Templar Splash Healer
    Stands Against Danger lvl 16 DK Tank -ex mule
    Matriarch Tamer lvl 18 Baby Sorc Healer
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The way jewelry crafting is now, I can never see a reason why jewelry writs would ever be worth doing.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    db0ssman wrote: »
    I'm not sure which server/platform you play on, but on PC N/A a gold jewelry piece is actually closer to 400k to make in mats. (75k per chromium plate, 30k per zircon plate = 390k)

Xbox EU it's 100k+ per chromium plate and around 35-40k per zircon plate :sweat:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know who's buying them, but I sell them regularly in guild stores (PC NA).
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reverb ... how much tho?
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I post my JC writs for 25g per voucher on PC/NA and they sell... slowly. I suspect the buyers aren't actually doing the writs but looking to flip them to someone else who in turn will also not do them but look to flip or hoard them believing that they may get a huge payday later if the value of mats drops.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    @Reverb ... how much tho?

Less than other master writs, but more than nothing.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    I sold a 300+ voucher writ for $10,000 and felt like I ripped them off!
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have quite a few that I will not do. The cost is extreme and certainly not worth it. I just shelved them onto my Mag Sorc Banker for now.
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chromium platings are 82Kish on NA averaged over my 5 guilds. Zircon are 28K per (and going up steadily still). 1Kish for Terne and 3300 per Iridium...and those prices are pretty steady globally. Yeah, you MIGHT find some cheaper but the odds are not in your favor....and if you do odds are a flipper beat you to the trader and bought em out to resell at market value for a profit. So with those prices you can see why legendary writs are pricing out at 415 to 430K to craft (depending on trait, which can rage anywhere from a few hundred to 17K for the mat).
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    And, again, do any of them and it doesnt make sense. Would make FAR more sense to just sell the craft mats to the mathematically challenged who think JC masters ARE worth doing, and then use the proceeds to purchase smithing, clothing or woodworking writs and mats and do those. You'll end up with 50 to 80% more vouchers that way.

No brainer. JC Masters are trash.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are a few epic level ones, and legendary ones that are slightly under 1k per voucher to craft, because they're 9-trait sets and rarer traits. those are the only ones that are even close to being reasonable. I have like 30 of them sitting on an alt right now, just in case the material cost comes down (it won't)

the chromium platings should never go below ~65k each, as that would make the golden vendor worthless (it'd be cheaper to upgrade)

The voucher value needs to be bumped up by at least another 30-50% to make them worthwhile. I actually am disappointed when I get a JC master writ :(
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why sellable to npc? I wanna deconstruct them for platings, they r golden!