The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

THIS IS WHY I DON’T GOLD MY GEAR

• Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gold out everything. Sets recycle over time, So its not really a waste. Ive had a gold set of BSW sitting around for almost 2 years until it came back around a few months ago. Same with Mothers Sorrow. It was all sitting there in my bank, Waiting for me to use it again. Mats arent hard to come by, Just gotta work some farming into your schedule a few times a week and you will be golded out in no time!
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh, I have gold mats flowing out of my behind. I still gold almost anything that is worth my time to collect into a set.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the world of mmos :)
    PC
  • HansaBergen
    HansaBergen
    ✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Meh I gold everything, and park when it gets nerfed, advantages of being stinking rich with tons of gold mats I suppose :p

Same here.. i even got gold training gear lvl 10-20-30 and 40.. Why not use it when you have the mats..
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    i gold out everything and still have hundreds of gold mats to do more=10 master crafters, one is Grand Master crafter. lots of gold mats.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For some sets the difference between purple and gold is pretty small because the 5pc bonus doesnt scale.

For stuff like Hundings Rage of Mothers Sorrow the difference is more noticable because all set bonus scale with the quality.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To each their own. I golded out my VO weapons. If I ever get a full set of Perfect Relequen, I will likely gold that out, too. If they ever get nerfed or replaced, then I will have to replace them. But getting gold mats isn't hard. Either get the crafting hirelings or do daily crafting writs. Or just suck it up and buy gold mats from guild stores. Money isn't that hard to get in this game.
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing stopping you upgrading monster sets and weapons. I have both monster, both staffs and my chest heavy and legs Medium gold, then left the rest.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All gold everythang! Once I actually started doing writs mats were too easy to come by.

When the usual nerf comes along I’m too mad about the nerf ITSELF to worry about the mats. I mean I’d be just as mad having purpled out the gear.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    I only gold out weapons

This ^^^^

and staple sets like Julianos and Hundings.

This ^^
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time i golded out an armorpiece was in 2015 (excluding things for writs). Not only does fotm wheel turn to fast, the difference in stats between purple and gold is just to minimal to be worth it. otoh, im still using a few golden monsteritems, being 3 years old, they were kinda worth it xD
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just be rich or be smart about what you gold.

You guys say gear cycles too fast but a minimum of 3 months really isn't bad.

I'd be fine with the use of my materials if Srioria got nerfed, and I would happily gold its replacment too.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    I make every set I use golden, if the 5 piece changes. Not making e.g. Worm golden, because the cost red. is a fixed value, but making transmutation golden was always a must, since the 5pc bonus changes.

This.
    Also the increase in resistances, stats and boni add up, so why not maximize efficiency.

People judge classes to be garbage when they are like 3% behind in DPS but are too cheap to gold out their mains, smh.

#JustPeopleThings
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This patch is why I will NEVER gold my gear.
    As soon as you get a great set, think it’s going to perform, and it does...BOOM. A nerf comes to the set or the class or a better version comes out.
    I’ll stick with purple. Seriously.

I don't quite understand this as it take zos 1-2 years to do some changes. For example the sets dropping in cloudrest now, will be bis for a long long time. Same with maelstrom bow. It literally takes year before a change. I'm talking about pve perspective here tho, so if you mean pvp ignore my comment : :)
    Two-fang snakes was bis for a while in pve, then they nerfed it and gave penetration mundus. Then a long time, didn't matter what set you used until relequen.
    That's 2 sets bis in how many years?
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always gold everything you intend to use more than once.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree, if you play on a team. Either in battleground or dungeon / trial, it's respectful towards other players to have an optimized build.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do some crafting writs, its not hard to amass a large excess of gold tempers. I sell anything over 500, and gold out everything I use except jewelry. The trick is to make 15 characters and level them to vet, then do mostly tier 1 writs.
    [DC/NA]
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I golded out my Ebon Armor.

Yeah, same here. Will be one interesting patch that makes gold Ebon a waste of resources.
  • snegurd
    snegurd
    ✭✭
    As a tank I gold out as many sets as I can. Most of them provide group utility, and small increases over 11 other people makes a big difference. The only sets I won't gold out are ones with % based 5-piece (or 2-piece) bonuses as it really makes no difference.

As a DPS I just gold out staple sets. The difference in DPS is noticeable in a dummy parse but not enough to be make or break in group content.

Notes: I only do PvE and am poor enough that making gear gold is a big commitment.
    PC | NA
    Guildmaster of Noob Nation

Snegurd Limp-Spear: Nord DK tank
    Milamber of Midkemia: Breton Sorc dps

Flawless Conqueror | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Assistant Alienist | Shadow Breaker | Blackrose Executioner
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I gold almost everything I run. Jewelry is a little patchy, some gold some purp, but all my sets I run on my characters are gold. Guild trade and make your ESO fortune and this can be easily done, but if not just gold out your weapons I suppose.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    I run atleast 50 dungeons a week. Each dungeon gives me ~5K gold from gold drops to selling EVERYTHING off after. What else am I gonna do with my gold? Play Malibu ken with my character lol

Hoard.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, if you play on a team. Either in battleground or dungeon / trial, it's respectful towards other players to have an optimized build.

Exactly. Its the same reason you dont go into trials with hybrid builds or use sword and board on a dps.