The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would cyrodill be better if you couldn’t bypass keeps?

SignsOfTheTimes
As in either direction each faction moves, it must have the keep behind it.

It would promote unorganized groups to actually have some sense in knowing where to go.

It would force traffic in two directions, and guilds and alliances will be forced to fight together towards objectives if they rather not be gated. Just a thought.

Would cyrodill be better if you couldn’t bypass keeps? 67 votes

Yes (empty keep online has to go)
8%
DanteYodaRomoDracan_Fontomred_emuplaysforfunrexagamemnon 6 votes
No (it’s hard to hear in my 24 man group)
26%
Animus-ESOJimmysekou_trayvondColtonWebb777ub17_ESOHidesFromSunxxthir13enxxEnemy-of-ColdharbourEirellaVaranaDankstasusmitdsPuzzlenutsBobby_V_RockitFur_like_snowjosiahvageneralmyrickswippyShraar 18 votes
Leave it as it
64%
BigBraggDaveMoeDeeotis67purple-magicb16_ESOAuriellekickback120ub17_ESOtechnohicVandrilEnkildem0n1kbadmojoErrisNolaArchredspecter23LettigallTheDarkShadowKatahdinSkinzzSanctum74Dojohoda 43 votes
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way. This would take all the creativity and strategy out of Cyrodiil.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, so you put your zerg in the frontline keep and now it becomes the game of who has a bigger zerg. Because you can no longer take one of the scroll keeps to force some of the defenders to go retake it or prevent them from funneling to the sieged keep.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would take it from 80% faction stacking to 100% faction stacking.
    It would promote unorganized groups to actually have some sense in knowing where to go.

If you want organization, join an organized group. It's really not rocket science.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are struggling to find fights, go to the front in between two keeps owned by opposing factions.

Or, if you are in a group, go make your own fights. Alessia Bridge is traditional, but resources also work.

Also seconding the advice to join an organized group. I've tried PUGs and it drives me nuts when we can't even all get to the same fight.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it as it
    This change would just hand every win to the faction with the largest population. If you're lower pop you have nowhere to go and nothing to do until more of your faction logs on, which is never going to happen as you create a void of perpetual losing and bleed away players from the losing side.

Anyway, horrible change with very little thought put into the repercussions.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but as a seperate campaign
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm. Could be interesting in a way. I do love the large keep battles as long as the lag doesn't get too bad. Would hurt many smaller resource groups and also kill much of the strategy though.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This, it's a classic trash post example

Second and third options are essentially the same, and OP has to add some biased comments thinking he's smart
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    Leave it as it
    Aren't two of these options basically the same? Either way, it needs to stay as-is because this suggestion would just push Cyrodiil into larger zerg v zerg battles. It would also give a huge benefit to whichever faction currently has the largest population on, and really make playing in an underpopulated faction awful.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it as it
    Jimmy wrote: »

This. Hitting an enemy alliance's back keeps can stop them from zerging your keeps. Just one example of strateegee.

For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it as it
    What is the nonsense after the options?

I go flag keeps solo to get away from zerging at obvious targets. Once the keep is flagged, I call for minimal help to come for smaller scale fight

Would people really want to change open world PVP into some linear capture the flag scenario? PvDoor is annoying but this would be far worse.

Edited by Enkil on September 25, 2018 8:36PM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be better if they removed the pvp.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leave it as it
    Leave it as is, but have AP capture for keeps greatly reduced if it's an empty keep. All too often it's the solo's and small groups that are stuck defending while the 24 man groups zerg down empty keeps for easy AP and don't even hold it for evaluation.

Lowering AP would make them more likely to actually start helping out with their zergs instead of just farming AP and they might actually learn how to play the game in the process.

• josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm, do you not understand the meaning of strategy?
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest gaining significantly more experience in Cyrodiil before recommending such drastic changes.

I did not vote because I feel the poll is a self-aggrandizing gimmick.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it as it
    That would take all the strategy and creativity out of Cryo in favor of a contest of who can build the biggest zerg.
    Give 'er eh!
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop it. Part of the fun is all the options on places you can go try and take or places you need to defend. I would honestly get bored if I just had to watch one place or go to one highly defended place. Ugh. The more I think about it, the more I don't like it.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it as it
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Leave it as is, but have AP capture for keeps greatly reduced if it's an empty keep. All too often it's the solo's and small groups that are stuck defending while the 24 man groups zerg down empty keeps for easy AP and don't even hold it for evaluation.

Lowering AP would make them more likely to actually start helping out with their zergs instead of just farming AP and they might actually learn how to play the game in the process.

That is already the case today. Have you not noticed that your tics are larger, sometimes much larger, after taking a defended keep?

• RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave it as it
    If your cool new idea for gameplay in Cyrodiil contains the concept of "forcing" players to _____, it's a bad idea. That's never the right answer.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it as it
    No

It would make Cyrodiil very linear and predictable and much less strategic and fun. Plus it would cause more bunching up in the same place. The server would probably have a melt down
    Beta tester November 2013
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it as it
    Jimmy wrote: »
    This times a thousand. It would make gameplay there really boring.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it as it
    This would just cause faction stacking
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it as it
    I play solo/smallscale and if we had to attack keeps it would make doing smallscale basically impossible. It's nice to be able to go anywhere and find a fight.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leave it as it
    Where is the "O Hell No" option?
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it as it
    Too many players already turtle up in the front line keeps with cold fire ballistas at the ready to smack down any incoming siege. This is just incentive for them to stay there & not come out & fight. By being able to bypass the front line keep to the next or an outpost you can cut off the transitus & encourage enemy players to come back & fight.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.