The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will ZOS ever address botting?

Rex-Umbra
Rex-Umbra
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Nearly every iron/jewlery node in all the best farming areas has a bot sitting there on xbox na. They are every where in every single zone. This has been a major problem sinse 1T patch. It's cheating and ZOS hasn't done a thing about it this entire time so the problem gets worse.
Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I go to pick up my Enchanter Survey in Reaper's March, or I try to get some Mudcrab Chitin near Haven, I find bots. Bots, bots ,bots... the very same bots I've been reporting several times.

ZOS's approach is for us to report them and they'll handle it... but I'm not noticing it.

ZOS needs to get out of their lazy chair and have a more active presence ingame so they can permaban these suckers
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not as long as they are buying a new account.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From conversations with them they are addressing it with bans on reported bots, but just as soon as they make the bans new accounts are made and back at it.

If you're on consoles it might be worth reporting botting to the platform owner as well as I would imagine they have rules against automation on their services.

I am not sure ZOS will ever cure botting (as most MMO companies haven't) but they do need to do something to try and have a better showing that they do work on it to stem the tide of misinformation that they don't and nor do they care.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On xbox they are some times 20 or more perfectly stacked on top of each other so you can't even get names.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I think that some sort of in game captcha every 100 nodes gathered could solve the problem. Like you take 100th node and need to resolve some lore friendly puzzle (that is stored and checked on server side) or you're not allowed to gather anything.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Address? Yes. Do anything that will stop it? No.

Next question.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    From conversations with them they are addressing it with bans on reported bots, but just as soon as they make the bans new accounts are made and back at it.

If you're on consoles it might be worth reporting botting to the platform owner as well as I would imagine they have rules against automation on their services.

I am not sure ZOS will ever cure botting (as most MMO companies haven't) but they do need to do something to try and have a better showing that they do work on it to stem the tide of misinformation that they don't and nor do they care.

Of the 40+ mmo games I have played, eso by far has had the worst thing when it comes to bots as there were botters there for months and never dealt with. I will admit there were times I reported a series of areas to zos and within days I have seen all the botters cleared from those said spots. Now these were botters that were there for what appears months. (as their achievements betray this)
    I am just trying to think of ideas that can help both the player base and also offer something to make it easier for zos to deal with as well.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)