The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please develop a feature to gift via the online store

Rhoande
Rhoande
✭✭
I am surely not the first person requesting this. But, I would very much like to buy a friend Summerset. Unfortunately, your online store does not allow me to purchase it. If I could get a code to give to a friend I most certainly would. Steam seems to allow this, but as not everyone uses Steam to play it's kind of a weird way to inadvertently punish players who didn't link with Steam. Granted, I haven't -tried- to gift Summerset on Steam, but according to Steam it looks possible.

I realize new features aren't easy, but it seems a little odd that a AAA MMO does not have a way to gift the game/expansions in 2018. I want to give you money, but I cannot. It's always a bit ridiculous when that's a problem.

I realize this is the 'crown' store category, but It felt more fitting than anywhere else. Being able to gift expansions and DLC in-game would be nice obviously but tbh, I really don't care if it's going to require someone logging out and applying the code to their account. I just want a way to make it happen.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does seem odd that there isn't a way to buy it for another person - buying any version of the game from the online store requires you to log into your account, or create an account before you pay. Even the ESO Collection, the one with the base game, Morrowind, Summerset and the first 4 DLCs, which is obviously aimed at brand new players.

So the only way to buy it for someone else through the store is to either be there with them in person - so they log in and you put in your card details, or for them to give you their login details or you give them your card details, both of which have obvious security risks.

Assuming you can't go around to your friends house and do it in person I think the only option is to give them the money - either via Paypal or one of those pre-paid bank cards, or simply in cash if you can see them in real life.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Rhoande
    Rhoande
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    It does seem odd that there isn't a way to buy it for another person - buying any version of the game from the online store requires you to log into your account, or create an account before you pay. Even the ESO Collection, the one with the base game, Morrowind, Summerset and the first 4 DLCs, which is obviously aimed at brand new players.

So the only way to buy it for someone else through the store is to either be there with them in person - so they log in and you put in your card details, or for them to give you their login details or you give them your card details, both of which have obvious security risks.

Assuming you can't go around to your friends house and do it in person I think the only option is to give them the money - either via Paypal or one of those pre-paid bank cards, or simply in cash if you can see them in real life.

Yep. When I emailed support this was the answer I got "You would have to purchase the game on their account." Which is a violation of TOS and seems very dumb to tell me to do.

I am obviously not the kind of person to steal someone's account, but either scenario is dangerous and should not be encouraged. Plenty of us make friends online we'd like to help out once in awhile but that level of trust is pretty freaking rare and shouldn't be counted on.

All I'm asking is a way to purchase a code they can apply to their account which isn't that hard, honestly for most e-commerce systems to do.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green Man Gaming sends a code via email after your order has been processed. They're PC-only at this point, but they are an official retail partner.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/search/summerset
    signing off
  • Rhoande
    Rhoande
    ✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Green Man Gaming sends a code via email after your order has been processed. They're PC-only at this point, but they are an official retail partner.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/search/summerset

From what I understood those are only for *steam*. But that would be a nice clarification to have.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhoande wrote: »
    From what I understood those are only for *steam*. But that would be a nice clarification to have.

You can submit a ticket with GMG to confirm that your order will not be restricted to Steam:

https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I'd classify the ticket as 'Not listed above' as it's more a general support question than any listed category.
    signing off