Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

Is Redfall next chapter for ESO?

skyhawk002
skyhawk002
✭✭✭
Recently a trademark came out from ZoS for Redfall. So far in ESO we have had chapters for DC, EP and now AD with Summerset. Would Redfall be the next location for ESO? If not, Where would the next chapter take place?
  • Crumorn
    Crumorn
    ✭✭✭
    We seem to be getting some hints at a Skyrim zone/chapter at some point. Western Skyrim does have some interesting lore that was put in place during ESO. All of Skyrim is in civil war right now between the east and west. Can't remember the specifics off the top of my head of who was involved though but I know Jorrun came to be High King because of the war and a lot of people in the west don't like that.

Also on the crown store we can see Riverwood as the backdrop for the Riverwood Chicken Pet. Could have been some devs just playing around with assets already created or a large hint at a Whiterun Hold DLC.

However to be called Redfall? I doubt it would be called that. I saw some speculation Redfall might be the trademark for TES:VI since some people think it will be in Hammerfell and redguards are in Hammerfell so Redfall.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crumorn wrote: »
    We seem to be getting some hints at a Skyrim zone/chapter at some point. Western Skyrim does have some interesting lore that was put in place during ESO. All of Skyrim is in civil war right now between the east and west. Can't remember the specifics off the top of my head of who was involved though but I know Jorrun came to be High King because of the war and a lot of people in the west don't like that.

Also on the crown store we can see Riverwood as the backdrop for the Riverwood Chicken Pet. Could have been some devs just playing around with assets already created or a large hint at a Whiterun Hold DLC.

However to be called Redfall? I doubt it would be called that. I saw some speculation Redfall might be the trademark for TES:VI since some people think it will be in Hammerfell and redguards are in Hammerfell so Redfall.

But if it was TES:VI then Bethesda would have registered the trademark, not Zenimax Online.

However I was thinking the same thing: Redguard + Hammerfell = Redfall? Various people have insisted that the next expansion will be in a DC area since we've had ones in EP and AD areas. I'm not sure ZOS are thinking of it that way, but if that's the case then southern Hammerfell is pretty much the only option.

Also as far as I'm aware the rumours that western Skyrim will be next are based on nothing more than the fact that the background to the datamined crown store chicken image (the white one, not the black one in the Hollowjack crates) looks like part of Riverwood. But that's concept art rather than a screenshot, so it doesn't have to show a location which actually exists either in-game or in content being developed.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I think that Redguard+Hammerfall=Redfall is just really lazy naming.
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have heard a theory that redfall could be TES VI and the name would come from REDguard and DaggerFALL instead of Hammerfell.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »
    I have heard a theory that redfall could be TES VI and the name would come from REDguard and DaggerFALL instead of Hammerfell.

Well, I guess that's a better name that TES VI: Illiac Bay or TES VI: Daggerfall 2.0 because the original Daggerfall covered all of Illiac bay as well.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also keep in mind that ZOS has been hiring mobile designers/programmers for awhile now... and have been pushing how they are working on ESO along with "several unannounced projects".
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    But if it was TES:VI then Bethesda would have registered the trademark, not Zenimax Online

ZOS doesn't do any trademark registering.

ZeniMax Media Inc. does. Even Bethesda Softworks is registered to ZeniMax Media Inc.

The only product line Bethesda Softworks LLC registers in its own name is Fallout.
    signing off
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skyhawk002 wrote: »
    Recently a trademark came out from ZoS for Redfall. So far in ESO we have had chapters for DC, EP and now AD with Summerset. Would Redfall be the next location for ESO? If not, Where would the next chapter take place?

As already said, the trademark is not from ZOS, but from Zenimax Media. That could be for any game from any studio.

That is not the only new trademark that ZM has rolled out in the last little while that covers online games.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »
    It could also be a reference to whether the Redguards will fall to the Aldmeri Dominion - after all the events of Skyrim severely weakened the Empire (regardless of who won the civil war), and the Redguards of Hammerfell were the only ones who had any real success resisting the Dominion during the Great War, so with the Empire completely unable to come to their aid (if they even would otherwise), the Dominion might be advancing their agenda and seeking revenge at the same time by invading (again).

But yeah, I strongly suspect this trademark is for TES:VI, not for ESO.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think what we need to decide this debate is for a moderator to come on here and close the thread down because it has nothing to do with ESO ;)
    PC EU
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    But if it was TES:VI then Bethesda would have registered the trademark, not Zenimax Online

ZeniMax Media Inc. does. Even Bethesda Softworks is registered to ZeniMax Media Inc.

The only product line Bethesda Softworks LLC registers in its own name is Fallout.

I could have sworn the article I read specifically said Zenimax Online. But maybe it was a mistake, it wasn't a site I normally visit so I can't be sure they're reliable.

If it was Zenimax Media who registered it then it could be almost anything. Including a brand new game unrelated to anything they've released before.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I could have sworn the article I read specifically said Zenimax Online. But maybe it was a mistake, it wasn't a site I normally visit so I can't be sure they're reliable.

If it was Zenimax Media who registered it then it could be almost anything. Including a brand new game unrelated to anything they've released before.
    I thought I had read that it was Zenimax Media, but I'm not completely sure about that.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

I thought I had read that it was Zenimax Media, but I'm not completely sure about that.

I just searched the trade mark database, it's ZeniMax Media Inc. that registered Redfall.
    PC EU
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If i had to guess i would say its either a new betheseda game, a codename for an upcoming game, or its the name of TES 6.

My guess is that its a codename for tes 6. and it makes sense because the "trailer" for tes 6 was in hammerfell or high rock. But regardless it was in the iliac bay. Which could, in theory, be both hammerfell and daggerfall since both are in the iliac bay. Red for redguards (from hammerfell) and fall for daggerfall.

They probably did this to either throw people off or give them a hint at what tes 6 is going to be about. You never know with game devs, esp betheseda and todd howard.

• Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably just another event like Summerfall. I wouldn't get too excited
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably just another event like Summerfall. I wouldn't get too excited

Per the Lanham Act, you register trademarks specifically for use in commerce. People get excited because they're usually indicative of a soon-to-be-released product.
    signing off
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    Crumorn wrote: »
    Can't remember the specifics off the top of my head of who was involved though but I know Jorrun came to be High King because of the war and a lot of people in the west don't like that.

AFAIK, High King Svargrim still maintains West-Side Skyrim (with at least the Easternmost Reach ruled by the Reachmen.)
    West-Skyrim would be interesting just to see the opposing thoughts and perspective against the Skald King's rule, and opinions of the war from those that aren't as involved (kind've like the Gold Coast excluding itself from the rest of Cyrodiil.) Bonus points from me if Whiterun was once again the middle ground between Svargrim and Jorunn's conflicting rule of the province (much like how it was divided down to it's citizens during the events of TESV.)

A Chapter based around at least Whiterun Hold, Riverwood, whatever Helgen is at this point and maybe even the Pale might be fun. But that said, many (including myself) would prefer Elsweyr next given how much of Skyrim is already in ESO.
    Edited by Xoelarasizerer on September 21, 2018 9:33PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone on the Bethsoft forum (I think.... been a while now) did some comparisons of the TES VI trailer to various areas, and came to the conclusion the trailer was filmed in High Rock.
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could this part of the Summerset event stream be a hint at Redfall? With what Lawrence says, it sounds like a hint to something bigger

https://youtu.be/BtB-S4Jl-9U?t=10m44s
    Remove loot boxes or riot