The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Why not a 1 second cool down?

LuxLunae
LuxLunae
✭✭✭✭✭
Now I will say I got this from a second hand source who trolled me last time and made me put a dumb post.

However I hear that zos changed it so that the cast time is uninterruptable....ok, so why not just make it a cooldown?

Server reasons?

I mean I hate extra animations...I was just playing eso live and I had a DK leap...just for the animation to register 2 seconds later….it was kinda dumb imo.

Oh and I realized I am talking about the SHIELDS
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why... Cos a shield lasts 3 to 5 seconds ... So 1 second cool down is pointless

To be fair the solution should be as simple as this ...

Improve hardening ward for sorcs or the armour skill forget it's name

Make it so Sheilds are no stackable on a characters skill bar

So each character can only have one shield equipped ...

Still let shields from armour sets stack on top of the one sheild they have and from healing ward if cast by another user but not self cast

Keep the crit damage theyve added and all the other changes except keep cast time as is

This should allow sorcs to still have some tankiness from a single shield and stop the whole shield stacking problem that is going on
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because there is no CDs for the skills in this game. That is why we cannot have really powerful and interesting skills. Sometimes I think it is kind of lame but what can we do.
    Because I can!
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Because there is no CDs for the skills in this game. That is why we cannot have really powerful and interesting skills. Sometimes I think it is kind of lame but what can we do.

But there is: Being interrupted during certain channeled abilities puts them on cooldown afterwards. The same cooldown-mechanic could be applied after an instant casted shield to get the desired protection directly and not be able to refresh or stack shields in an absurd way. I think it‘s a good proposal to the current idea of having a „delay“ to cast shields. I still think the delay is not the correct adjustment to balance shields.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of the 3 shields stacking.