The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Do group abilities stack?

Mikeash609
So I think I know the answer to my question already. I just want conformation. I've always stuck to solo until recently so it's not really something I've had to think about much. So for example, I'm in a pug 4 man dungeon. I use caltrops and a few seconds later so does another member of the group. So I'm doing DoT and reducing movement speed by 30%. Is the other person also doing the same DoT and reducing movement speed a further 30%? How about with debuffs? I hit the target with a surprise attack causing major fracture. If a group member then hits them with focused aim and applies minor fracture. They stack right? But if the other person had applied major fracture that wouldn't stack and it would be pointless us both applying major fracture?
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffs do stack, unless they are of the same type. Example Major fracture wouldn't stack with major fracture, however minor fracture would stack with major fracture.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    As Sparrow said - minor stacks with major. But irrespective of who applies it, my two majors of the same thing won't stack with each other, and my and your majors of the same thing won't stack with each other.
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • Mikeash609
    Yeah that's what I thought but what about the reduced movement speed from caltrops? That isn't a minor or major debuff it's just the effect of the ability. Would that stack if someone else was also using it?
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will not stack with another of the same ability.
  • Mikeash609
    What about the DoT? Would we both do DoT and only reduce movment to 30% or would it just be the one DoT ticking away? The same with endless hail? If two people put down endless hail in the same area will both players be doing damage or just one?
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mikeash609 wrote: »
    What about the DoT? Would we both do DoT and only reduce movment to 30% or would it just be the one DoT ticking away? The same with endless hail? If two people put down endless hail in the same area will both players be doing damage or just one?

The dot stacks, just not the ability. Same is for set piece unique effects, e.g. Powerful Assaults 200 spell/weapon damage.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Mikeash609
    That's what I needed. I thought that would be the case but wasn't 100% sure. Thank you.
  • Mikeash609
    What about my own abilities? If I used caltrops which reduces movement speed by 30% then used mass hysteria which reduces movement speed by 50% will their overall movement speed be reduced by 80% or will it just go off the biggest number?
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mikeash609 wrote: »
    What about my own abilities? If I used caltrops which reduces movement speed by 30% then used mass hysteria which reduces movement speed by 50% will their overall movement speed be reduced by 80% or will it just go off the biggest number?

I believe in case of snares they will stack. Not 100% sure though.

Basically you can treat every ability as a unique named effect unless it is stated in the description that it applies one of the basic major/minor effects. And no effect will stack with itself but it should stack with others.