The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Contradicting Yourself yet again ZOS

JPcrazysquirrel3
JPcrazysquirrel3
✭✭✭✭
Nerfing shields has indirectly rendered Shield Breaker useless.

Shield casting in this patch blows. It can be interrupted. No one will want to use shields anymore.

If nobody is using shields, Shield Breaker can't do it's main effect.

For claiming in Update 19 that you wanted to make certain sets desirable again, this Update 20 change completely contradicts that.
"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
"It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
"If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
"Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
"If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
Mayrael wrote: »
Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
I am in a Kevduit video
PS4 (main platform)
--- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
--- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then that means us sorcs finally got shield breaker fixed.......
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

GG. Next item on the agenda lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shieldbreaker is still useful against damage shields, several of which weren't nerfed.

Sure, its likely to be even more of a niche set than it already was, but its not useless.

Not that ZOS has ever shied away from making sets nearly useless, like Tava's Blessing.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah tava's need reworked now to proc on Smith g else like melee dmg
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brand of Imperium + Gossamer on PvP healer ... almost forgotten sets will celebrate come back, Whitestrakes Retribution forgotten since 2014... what's the other healer set giving absorb shield?... those will be good now that absorb shields factor in your resistances and crit resistance as well... do not worry about your shield breaker being useless... it will be more useful than ever 😉

Edit: typos
    Edited by Stigant on September 20, 2018 11:48PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Shield casting in this patch blows. It can be interrupted. No one will want to use shields anymore.

For claiming in Update 19 that you wanted to make certain sets desirable again, this Update 20 change completely contradicts that.

Rob said you can't interrupt them in next patch.
    Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know we've been monitoring the feedback on this thread and elsewhere on the forums. Clearly there's a lot of concern around the impact of adding a cast time to Conjured Ward and Annulment.

First I'd like to talk about our motivation with the change. We believe choices between damage output and survivability make combat more interesting. There are a number of areas within our system that could better adhere to this philosophy, but these self-cast damage shield abilities stood out as being particularly out of line. It was too easy to throw a bunch of effective health on yourself while making a minimal sacrifice in terms of DPS itemization and rotation. This applied to both PvE and PvP scenarios.

The addition of a cast time makes that choice between damage output and survivability more deliberate and strategic. However, as many of you have pointed out, there are several potential issues with this solution. We identified many of these risks prior to PTS, and we're actively monitoring feedback from the community, Class Reps, and PTS testers.

If we decide to make significant changes to the abilities, those changes would not appear until at least PTS 3. However, we agree Conjured Ward and Annulment are too easy to interrupt in PvP, so we'll be making both spells immune to interrupts for PTS 2. We'll also be meeting with the Class Reps next week to discuss the changes.

In the meantime, we encourage you to continue experimenting, evaluating, and providing feedback.

Let's hope that change doesn't work still and shields become underused so we can get rid of the cast time. I don't even play magicka classes but I find it's such a lazy and boring mechanic, on shields it's awful.

While they're at it. Remove that cast time on dark exchange please :)
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 21, 2018 12:02AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS has been contradicting themselves since 2014, probably earlier, and you are surprised OP? ;)
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know we've been monitoring the feedback on this thread and elsewhere on the forums. Clearly there's a lot of concern around the impact of adding a cast time to Conjured Ward and Annulment.

First I'd like to talk about our motivation with the change. We believe choices between damage output and survivability make combat more interesting. There are a number of areas within our system that could better adhere to this philosophy, but these self-cast damage shield abilities stood out as being particularly out of line. It was too easy to throw a bunch of effective health on yourself while making a minimal sacrifice in terms of DPS itemization and rotation. This applied to both PvE and PvP scenarios.

The addition of a cast time makes that choice between damage output and survivability more deliberate and strategic. However, as many of you have pointed out, there are several potential issues with this solution. We identified many of these risks prior to PTS, and we're actively monitoring feedback from the community, Class Reps, and PTS testers.

If we decide to make significant changes to the abilities, those changes would not appear until at least PTS 3. However, we agree Conjured Ward and Annulment are too easy to interrupt in PvP, so we'll be making both spells immune to interrupts for PTS 2. We'll also be meeting with the Class Reps next week to discuss the changes.

In the meantime, we encourage you to continue experimenting, evaluating, and providing feedback.

Let's hope that change doesn't work still and shields become underused so we can get rid of the cast time. I don't even play magicka classes but I find it's such a lazy and boring mechanic, on shields it's awful.

Calling it now, we might get the ability to not have shields interrupted, but zos logic says that it should be a 3 second cast time then.

Then 3 months down the road people will cry "sorc op with their uninteruptable 3 second cast time critable shields! Ner plox zos!"

Just watch
    Edited by OGLezard on September 21, 2018 12:18AM
  • Nox_Noir
    Nox_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's another contradiction for you:

- Nerfing Defile
    - Introducing "Soldier of Anguish" set which is essentially a 100% defile
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, poor company has to sell stuff. Taking away defile and then selling it to players under different name? It's a fine art of marketing! ^^
    Edited by John_Falstaff on September 21, 2018 1:04AM
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, poor company has to sell stuff. Taking away defile and then selling it to players under different name? It's a fine art of marketing! ^^

Well then they made a really stupid move since the new set comes from rewards of the worthy lmao
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @rafaelcsmaia , and that's a definite overlook, but they still have time until release to fix it. ^^
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield breaker is a garbage set that should have never made it into the game in the first place... just like sloads. This is a pretty sad argument for the change to shields and I fully agree that the cast time is about as dumb as it gets but this argument... stop grasping at straws making dumb arguments. Plain and simple 1 sec cast time is death in PvP for shields period
    Edited by Galalin on September 21, 2018 2:09AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hey all,

If they keep the cast time and make it uninterruptible...Cyrodil's Light might actually have a place in the game , lol...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you not learned yet that Zos has a vision. The vision of three blind mice.

Seriously, think about their management style since the start.

1. The incredibly poor state of the game when it launched. The gold version of the game was more like a tarnished copper. Not even bronze.
    2. Vet ranks was an abhorrent design.
    3. CP had no cap when it was first added.

I can go on but it is clear that Zos does not plan well and certainly cannot conceive the impact their choices have in the game. This is a great game in the hands on poor management.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

1. The incredibly poor state of the game when it launched. The gold version of the game was more like a tarnished copper. Not even bronze.

I can go on but it is clear that Zos does not plan well and certainly cannot conceive the impact their choices have in the game. This is a great game in the hands on poor management.

I really don't think they thoroughly test every class in every role either, which is REALLY poor. I want to see them run the new dungeons with off-meta combinations, and to look at completion stats post launch for these dungeons. I very much doubt more than 10% of vBF completions were non-dk/warden tanks. There are some serious holes than could easily be spotted through report checking.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »
    Brand of Imperium + Gossamer on PvP healer ... almost forgotten sets will celebrate come back, Whitestrakes Retribution forgotten since 2014... what's the other healer set giving absorb shield?... those will be good now that absorb shields factor in your resistances and crit resistance as well... do not worry about your shield breaker being useless... it will be more useful than ever 😉

Gossamer can only impact one person at a time.
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »

Gossamer can only impact one person at a time.

Ou.. completely forgot about it ... well back to Transmutation than ... thanks
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aeowulf wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

I really don't think they thoroughly test every class in every role either, which is REALLY poor. I want to see them run the new dungeons with off-meta combinations, and to look at completion stats post launch for these dungeons. I very much doubt more than 10% of vBF completions were non-dk/warden tanks. There are some serious holes than could easily be spotted through report checking.

No, no, no. How dare you try and use non meta set ups? How dare you play as you like. You have to play how ZOS wants you to play or have zero fun.

New patch you choose between having high DPS and getting wrecked with one snipe OR having defences but dealing zero damage. Apparently that makes for "more interesting choices"

You can also just go stamina in HA. The only way ZOS wants you to play.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

Ok. I admit that made me Lol.

But nerfing one thing to "fix" another is bad form.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, everyone. Just wanting to let you know, that I haven't been a long time user of Shield Breaker.

I just started using it less than a month ago.

I'm more upset at the fact that all of the Tel Var I grinded for the set, could've now been spent elsewhere.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Ok, my apologies. I wrote this before that issue was addressed

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid