Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Unlock a Stunning Villa, Mount & Pet during the Summerfall Event"

• Liferefugee
    Liferefugee
    ✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Soleya wrote: »
    Cannot get past the age gate for the main article. Just keeps re-opening age gate page.

Inputting month and day on wrong box

Happened to me ... Sometimes it's EU day month year others it weird American with month day year

Do Americans tell time in in minutes hours seconds ?

No, but our military uses yyyymmdd format for dates.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but perhaps ZoS could send out an email telling players about this event? That way anyone who isn't active in ESO atm will get a head's up about the event!

they should be running ads all over the media - all over the world...sending out millions of pieces of promotional mail...every zos employee should be calling every single contact number they have...

I want that villa :)

I'm not getting that villa :/
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • FrostyB
    FrostyB
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but 35% after two days doesn't seem like much to me. Especially when we started at 20% already.

If that's the rate things are going, you can kiss that villa g'bye. :#
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Came back just to do this, and Summerset was lousy with people galloping to all the POIs. :D

This is a cool idea; earning nice things in game should be a thing. Having to rely on other people, OTOH, is my least favorite aspect of any MMO.

Good luck, peeps. I hope you get your shiny stuff.

(Other guildies are planning to drop by to get the achieve this weekend!)
    Edited by RedRook on September 20, 2018 7:49PM
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just did my extra bit by hopping over to the EU PC server.

Kind of fun re-living the 0 CP, broke and guildless, newb game play with a slow mount and 250 latency :)

And guys, be nice over there. Was just listening in Summerset zone chat as another NA player was berating the EU players because someone stole his chest and "that just never happens on the NA server" lol. How to make friends and influence people...not.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FrostyB wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but 35% after two days doesn't seem like much to me. Especially when we started at 20% already.

Yep a worry when you think that the last 2 days where probably the most busy with people getting the event done
  • dchisenhub17_ESO
    dchisenhub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Yep a worry when you think that the last 2 days where probably the most busy with people getting the event done

This morning's update has me concerned too. I have wanted it ever since I saw it in the PTS, have already completed the achievement, and have purchased the crowns for it. If it becomes unobtainable because of the inaction of others, that would be very..very...very bad.

ZOS, will the Grand Psijic Villa be for sale in the Crown Store if the 100% goal isn't reached?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys realize that is one days update not two. This mornings was the first update and there will not be another one till 11:00 AM EST tomorrow. It only updates once a day.
  • dchisenhub17_ESO
    dchisenhub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You guys realize that is one days update not two. This mornings was the first update and there will not be another one till 11:00 AM EST tomorrow. It only updates once a day.

This was two days worth of achievements from the time this was announced. There was no update yesterday, but today's bump accounted for the people who found out about this on Tuesday and Wednesday and checked it off.

So, not only was this 2 days worth of achievements, it's also likely a large portion of the people with Summerset who log on daily-ish who hadn't completed the achievement (considering it doesn't take long at all to do). That's why we're concerned.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except people who work and go to school and only play on the weekends.
    There are 8 more days to go, we will make it as word spreads.
    So many people on all servers I went to today didn't know about it or what they had to do.
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 21, 2018 1:10AM
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This was two days worth of achievements from the time this was announced. There was no update yesterday, but today's bump accounted for the people who found out about this on Tuesday and Wednesday and checked it off.

So, not only was this 2 days worth of achievements, it's also likely a large portion of the people with Summerset who log on daily-ish who hadn't completed the achievement (considering it doesn't take long at all to do). That's why we're concerned.

Or from those that already had it to begin with.
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to get the achievemant for both servers on Xbox and PC. Lets get some free stuff

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    made it over across the pond to work on the pathfinder achievement...

yep, slow mount, no gear, no coin, and mostly - NO CHAMPION POINTS!!!

it was actually kind of fun...saw lots and lots of low level toons running around...saw some familiar psn's in zone chat looking for a taxi to artaeum...

still need a few more points of interest...got a little distracted - right after hitting level 10 I headed into alternate universe vivec...

even got to square off against the EU vivec emp and a bunch of other bad guys trying to steal our scroll from the ni-mohk temple...

I did about as well as you would expect a level 10, no cp character to do...I melted :p
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tickle Claws has now almost completed the achievement in US Tamriel.

If there are any US travellers who have recently travelled to EU Tamriel and are finding the lack of a home, money, food and CP rather stressful you are all welcome to take a relaxing break at Claws Temple Spa Resort.

There is tented accommodation for the traveller of limited means near to the main gates.

The management kindly requests that you do not wash your ragged clothes in the main swimming pool but instead make good use of the indoor bathing facilities - for yourself and for your clothes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • xScOdE
    xScOdE
    ✭✭✭
    No, but our military uses yyyymmdd format for dates.

The best format if you need to sort files, directories or data in chronological order even if its sorted alphabetical.

Bad:
    13-10-2018-bla
    05-12-2018-bla
    17-09-2017-bla

Better:
    2017-09-17-bla
    2018-10-13-bla
    2018-12-05-bla
    IT-Nerd, Teilzeit-Gamer, Anime-Fan & Familienvater
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Consider if people swap servers, that number goes up to almost 70% (less than double, because some have likely already done this).

I also suspect they'd show a continuous advance on the webpage, regardless of where the actual totals stand. Builds more anticipation that way.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The management kindly requests that you do not wash your ragged clothes in the main swimming pool but instead make good use of the indoor bathing facilities - for yourself and for your clothes.

Now you tell me. You really should put up a sign. :smiley:

I just completed my EU achievement on a Level 5 that I keep on EU for PTS testing purposes.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Lorem123
    Lorem123
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, will the Grand Psijic Villa be for sale in the Crown Store if the 100% goal isn't reached?
    Of course it would. "Oh too bad, you weren't able to get it for free! But fear not those that really want it, it will be available in the crown store for a limited time of 0,00002645 seconds at the convenient price of 20k crowns."
    Edited by Lorem123 on September 21, 2018 1:07PM
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, agree

That 20% start figure includes everyone who had bought Summerset upto the start of the event and had done a pretty simple achievement.

Even if only half the owners of Summerset had done it, and the rest rush out and complete it it still only gives you 40%.

I seriously doubt people are going to buy Summerset now just for the chance of a free house, and certainly not in the numbers to get the remaining 60%
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorem123 wrote: »
    Of course it would. "Oh too bad, you weren't able to get it for free! But fear not those that really want it, it will be available in the crown store for a limited time of 0,00002645 seconds at the convenient price of 20k crowns."

I think this is unlikely as it would backfire spectacularly.
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molecule wrote: »
    I seriously doubt people are going to buy Summerset now just for the chance of a free house, and certainly not in the numbers to get the remaining 60%

People buying Summerset to try and get the achievement is unlikely, but many (I, for one) will create a character on the other megaserver (NA, in my case).
    I think we'll have to wait until Monday's, or at least Sunday's update to see if we can or cannot make it.

Edited to fix wrong quote block
    Edited by albesca on September 21, 2018 1:34PM
    PC EU

• xScOdE
    xScOdE
    ✭✭✭
    But hey we will get the mount for 90% sure. In Germany they say, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.".
    IT-Nerd, Teilzeit-Gamer, Anime-Fan & Familienvater
  • Bubbastic
    Bubbastic
    ✭✭✭
    molecule wrote: »

I'm done with the success on PC megaservers. I bought Summerset upgrade for my XB1 even I said I wouldn't :*
    and I'll do the success on both servers there too because I want that house
    Edited by Bubbastic on September 21, 2018 1:25PM
    。◕‿◕。
  • Lorem123
    Lorem123
    ✭✭✭
    albesca wrote: »
    I think this is unlikely as it would backfire spectacularly.
    As many other greedy choices ZoS made in the past and keeps making. So I wouldn't be surprised.

I firmly believe they already decided how this event ends, whether we win it or not. The progress can easily be fudged and entirely hiding the actual numbers makes it even easier to quietly manipulate it without arising suspicions.

What we'll see is whether they think it makes more business sense to deliver the reward they used as bait to sell more Summerset (because this whole event is bait to sell Summerset, with the accompanying discount - and that's just fine, if we get the reward), or if they think their usual greedy ways are better.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorem123 wrote: »
    What we'll see is whether they think it makes more business sense to deliver the reward they used as bait to sell more Summerset (because this whole event is bait to sell Summerset, with the accompanying discount - and that's just fine, if we get the reward), or if they think their usual greedy ways are better.

I agree 100% and I think they will go for the first option.
    PC EU

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the motivation of the gods and whatever we end up with this one thinks the nicest thing to come out of this event is all the travellers who now have a foot on both the EU and NA servers.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    TBH I'd have hoped that the event was based on achievement points for all the Summerset achievements. Anyone who has already explored the island is essentially twiddling their thumbs rather than engaging.

You can still actively participate by helping others get the achievement by giving ports to Areteum or other wayshrines
    Also dont forget you can do it both on the NA and EU server and have it count 2x toward the goal

Ive done it both on EU and NA on my 2 accounts with Summerset so Ive got a +4 added to the count
    Edited by Katahdin on September 21, 2018 2:14PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    only 42% - not looking great..... some people probably dont even know this is happening ;-)
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think positive, still got a week to go.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be boring if we hit 100% in the first few days of the event. I'd wager that ZOS is planning to do a bigger social/media push later on in the event.

(Not saying I think we'll definitely hit 100%--I don't really have a firm opinion on that one way or the other. Just speaking from the perspective of someone who's run similar events in the past.)