Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Unlock a Stunning Villa, Mount & Pet during the Summerfall Event"

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Zypheran wrote: »
    So if we hit the 100% goal..... EVERYONE with summerset that has logged into the game since summerset dropped will get the house for free......

Am I the only one that kinda mad about this? Like Ive been planning on buying that house for months now have already bought the crowns for that house and now just ANYONE WITH SUMMERSET might have that house

What the hell is the point of owning an awesome amazing house if everyone and there mom owns it........

…. because there aren't enough exclusive homes for you already???
    or because you only get enjoyment out of seeing other people NOT have something?

look I have linchal now and when ever someone visits I get something to the effect of "omg wow your home is amazing". ive spent nearly a year working on that since it was first released. Ive been planning on getting the villa since i first found out about it. have been looking forward to spending a very long time working on it. now tho its just like i dont even feel like putting the time into it because instead of getting "wow you home is amazing" or "omg your house is so beautiful" its just gunna be "hey i really like what you did with the villa, why didnt i do that with mine" or "well i havent seen this done to the villa before"

You must have been really peeved when they offered Linchal for sale again, and for a longer time-period.
    better put:

I want everyone who really loves this house and is dying to have it to get it and do amazing impressive things to with it. Not every single person thats just gunna slap some decorations up and then go look at the previously mentioned players work and be like "Thats pretty cool but ive seen the villa before or have it too"

So, you want only the people that can afford the exorbitant prices of these homes to be able to own this one and decorate it? I just can't see someone complaining about getting this large home for free, even if many others will have it. It's not like you can carry that house around with you and show it off like you can with a mount or pet or costume. I find your objection to this rather surprising, not to mention elitist. Get the home for free and save your crowns for the next giant home that only you can afford.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 19, 2018 5:04PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know that 100% in the event doesn’t mean 100% of those with Summerset.

We know some with Summerset players what they want to play ans will come back for the next zone. MFirror even stated much of the playerbase only plays for a few weeks after a new dlc comes out.

We know there are players who just want to PVP or raid or whatever and don’t come out of their cache unless they need something like gear or skills.

So the question or thought I have is how reasonable is Zos’ thoughts of what is a reasonable group participation is this 100%. I know we won’t get an answer to that question until the event ends.

Outside of that it’s a potentially great give away and promotion to sell more copies of the chapter.
  • crystal_coppolab14_ESO
    ricam wrote: »
    I am hoping this is NOT 100 percent of the owners of Summerset and its 100 percent of a set number of ppl. Because I know a few people in the Carolinas that own summerset and have no power or ability to even be in their homes atm.

Just to clarify, we're not looking for 100% of Summerset players to complete the achievement.

Ok? Then 100% of????

The 100% completion goal on the Summerfall Event progress meter is a goal-post we set when designing this event that we believe everyone has a high likelihood of reaching. We want you all to have fun with this event and successfully earn all three event rewards, and we chose a goal with that in mind.

While we aren’t disclosing numbers – that would take away from the fun! – we can again confirm that “100%” does not mean 100% of all players who own ESO or even Summerset.

Please tell me you're going to redo this number once it goes live because there are SEVERAL people who had not completed this prior to your announcement yesterday but have now since done it. :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ricam wrote: »
    I am hoping this is NOT 100 percent of the owners of Summerset and its 100 percent of a set number of ppl. Because I know a few people in the Carolinas that own summerset and have no power or ability to even be in their homes atm.

Just to clarify, we're not looking for 100% of Summerset players to complete the achievement.

Ok? Then 100% of????

The 100% completion goal on the Summerfall Event progress meter is a goal-post we set when designing this event that we believe everyone has a high likelihood of reaching. We want you all to have fun with this event and successfully earn all three event rewards, and we chose a goal with that in mind.

While we aren’t disclosing numbers – that would take away from the fun! – we can again confirm that “100%” does not mean 100% of all players who own ESO or even Summerset.

Please tell me you're going to redo this number once it goes live because there are SEVERAL people who had not completed this prior to your announcement yesterday but have now since done it. :)
    The FAQ said that starting on the 20th the number will be updated every day.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • creeker5
    creeker5
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you please let us know the answer to the question that was asked earlier?

If we receive the house for free, will there be a way to "upgrade" to a furnished version of the house in ht crown store?

I know currently that if you purchase a unfurnished house you can not go back and purchase the furnished version. Will there be an exception for this a event and a discount for upgrading to the furnished version?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive liked this house and wanted to get it since it was first discovered but like whats the point if every single one of my friends is gunna have the exact same house that I have.

like they took something impressive and made it average

main-qimg-994c5840ed73e488b4d07a1cefe004c7-c

live in california now, but, grew up in new york...simple thing like asking how people are doing out here in cali, and, it's all beaches and bikinis - back east in nuevo york, ask someone how they're doing and your liable to get their whole life's story, and, not just the pretty parts...

i love it when people are honest...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 19, 2018 5:34PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • General_Zeranth
    General_Zeranth
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Mind boggled.* I just can't understand why certain people can't stand the fact that ZoS is being so kind as to give the house out because then its not special. Smh...

Honestly if the number reaches the target and everyone with Summerset gets this house, and that beautiful mount and its pony companion, that will be fantastic because we all worked for it.
    Its even more special in my eyes cause everyone donated their time and effort, even if it was something very easy that takes 20 minutes top, to help everyone else get this!

So you know what I'm just going to leave this here ahead of time, even if we don't reach that goal...

THANK YOU so much to everyone who is taking the time to do this!
    Edited by General_Zeranth on September 19, 2018 5:35PM
    Xbox - NA

Self confessed Master Angler title chaser.

Titles Earned: 10/∞
  • Son0fSun
    Son0fSun
    ✭✭
    Spent last night until 3 AM not only getting the Pathfinder Achievement, but also getting Master Explorer and Grand Adventrurer. Wanted to make sure I did my part. I really want that house and not having to buy it would be simply lovely.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did my part to get the achievement!

How often and at what times the website update the % progress? ... daily is a bit 'wide'
    An update on the % every hour would be cool.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my new apprentice Tickle Claws has started her work in US Tamriel …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what house you mean, i just saying like who wants the exact same house as everyone and they did that to an amazing house, its a waste
    This game is owned by several MILLION people. Guess what ... no matter what you have in the game, there will already be thousands of other people who have it, too. Sorry you think that hurts you personally.

• Son0fSun
    Son0fSun
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I have to say as far as events go, this has to be one of the more innovative I have seen in a game. Just what I expect to see from the ESO team, innovation and genuine care for the community.

You all rock!
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, did PS4 NA, PC NA and PC EU.
    Might do PS4 EU tomorrow. lol
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Grand Topal Hideaway. I love it; it's still my favorite in the game. It was the most expensive house unfurnished till Colossal Aldmeri Grotto came out for the same price. It's still the most expensive furnished house (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto is just a hair behind it furnished). Very few people seem to have it.

I'm betting that the house will be re-released sometime around the time Murkmire comes out, since Grand Topal is a Murkmire-style home.

And you know what? I am THRILLED with that!

On the rare occasions I see a guildie's location as "Grand Topal Hideaway" I immediately teleport to them if I can, so I can see what they've done with the place. I never feel like my house is any less "special" because others have it. I want to see more people get the house so I can get more home tours. I love the creative things people do!

A home isn't "less special" just because other people own it. Or, on the other end, it's just a digital product with no real impact that "doesn't really exist" so you could also argue that it was never special to begin with. Being "special" or not isn't the problem. The only issue here is with people being entitled and elitist.
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, did PS4 NA, PC NA and PC EU.
    Might do PS4 EU tomorrow. lol

bf41a4db309b163ee9ca86333d78d486.jpg
    :)

Edit: actually needed to discover three more eyeballs on my main...the first time i went through summerset was to level the psijic skill line...went though really fast on several characters and didn't take time for some of the detail of the zone...

i'm not a fan of some of the environmental obstacles blocking different routes to move around - however, really beautiful and well done zone...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 19, 2018 7:11PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    creeker5 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you please let us know the answer to the question that was asked earlier?

If we receive the house for free, will there be a way to "upgrade" to a furnished version of the house in ht crown store?

I know currently that if you purchase a unfurnished house you can not go back and purchase the furnished version. Will there be an exception for this a event and a discount for upgrading to the furnished version?
    At this time, there won't be a way to upgrade to a furnished version. However, we are looking at putting several furniture bundles on the Crown Store so you can furnish the home with some appropriately-themed items.

Sarannah wrote: »

How often and at what times the website update the % progress? ... daily is a bit 'wide'
    It'll be updated each morning around 11am EDT.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I require real-time updates, along with continually updated projections based on the trending of completion rates compared to remaining active players with Summerset.
    :p
    Edited by UrQuan on September 19, 2018 7:49PM
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

I require real-time updates, along with continually updated projections based on the trending of completion rates compared to remaining active players with Summerset.

also gina, if you don't mind:
    tenor.gif
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

also gina, if you don't mind:
    tenor.gif
    Thanks @geonsocal I forgot that part...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You mean there isn't going to be an install-style bar that jumps up to, say, 80% and then falls back down to 35% the next time it updates? :p;)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks ZOS for this wonderful community event! Thank you fellow ESO friends for helping with the achievement.

THIS is what ESO is about: Community. This is a great opportunity to introduce people to Summerset who haven’t yet visited, meet new people and have fun doing it.

I’m excited and loving this event and it hasn’t officially started. I’d love to have one event a year if possible.

Thanks again everyone!
  • Dueydoodah
    Normally, these announcements are very clear on the rules. This one is unusually vague. Did someone new write it? I'm still unclear if ESO+ members qualify for the rewards?
    Level 50, CP1110
    1. Breton Templar Healer/DPS; High Elf Sorcerer Magicka DPS; Imperial DK Stamina Tank/DPS
    2. Khajiit Nightblade Archer DPS; High Elf Warden Healer/DPS; Imperial Templar Healer/DPS
    3. Dark Elf Nightblade DPS; High Elf Templar Healer/Tank; High Elf DK DPS
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueydoodah wrote: »
    Normally, these announcements are very clear on the rules. This one is unusually vague. Did someone new write it? I'm still unclear if ESO+ members qualify for the rewards?
    I think this:
    In order to be eligible to receive the rewards, you must have logged into the game while owning ESO: Summerset at least once (since its initial launch in June) by Sunday, October 7 at 8:00PM EDT.
    is pretty clear.
    1. Do you own ESO: Summerset?
    2. Have you logged into the game since ESO: Summerset launched & since you bought ESO: Summerset, but before the end of the event?

If you answered yes to both of those questions then as long as the community made it to the goals, you get the rewards. If you answered no to either or both of those questions, you don't get the rewards.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueydoodah wrote: »
    I think this:
    In order to be eligible to receive the rewards, you must have logged into the game while owning ESO: Summerset at least once (since its initial launch in June) by Sunday, October 7 at 8:00PM EDT.
    is pretty clear.
    1. Do you own ESO: Summerset?
    2. Have you logged into the game since ESO: Summerset launched & since you bought ESO: Summerset, but before the end of the event?

If you answered yes to both of those questions then as long as the community made it to the goals, you get the rewards. If you answered no to either or both of those questions, you don't get the rewards.

Even ESO+ players keep forgetting that ESO+ got screwed on having to purchase “Chapters” LOL
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My wife and I already have the achievement on the NA servers. We'll hop over to the EU servers and help out!

Have a pint of ale ready for us when we're done! ;)

Edited by Savos_Saren on September 20, 2018 12:04AM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the horse and preferably the house.horse looks sweet.pet does too.
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    I already had the achievement on PS4 NA, hopped across the pond tonight and got it on the EU server :smiley:
    Edited by Slyjinxy on September 20, 2018 2:17AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darvaria wrote: »
    Players follow the rewards … a proven premise in MMO's. This is a really good idea. I've heard 8 players saying they were buying Summerset. And yes this will generate sales for ZOS. Some of you act like that's a bad thing.

And buying Summerset, especially on sale right now, is a lot cheaper than buying this house at the predictable overpriced point.

This is a win/win for everyone.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno ...
    Can you guys do one of those advertising emails to everyone like I get every other event?

I didn't get one for this event yet, surprisingly, and it would definitely increase the visibility of this for people who pretty much run with chat off and don't go to the forums or the website and nothing in game in the announcement window says anything about it either.

I think that would also help your sales of Summerset.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jazdia wrote: »
    Thanks ZOS for this wonderful community event! Thank you fellow ESO friends for helping with the achievement.

THIS is what ESO is about: Community. This is a great opportunity to introduce people to Summerset who haven’t yet visited, meet new people and have fun doing it.

I’m excited and loving this event and it hasn’t officially started. I’d love to have one event a year if possible.

Thanks again everyone!

This just proves that people will do things and have fun doing it without any "challenge"/"hardmode" involved.

"If you make it easy, they will come." -borrowing from Field of Dreams