Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyro Kill Quest: Enemy Sorcs

Malamar1229
Malamar1229
✭✭✭✭✭
Yall going to really have a tough time completing this kill quest next update.

Should ZOS lower the quest requirement to 2 sorcs? Might get it done in a half hour in that case.

Edited by Malamar1229 on September 19, 2018 11:17AM
  • Eclipse0990
    Eclipse0990
    ✭✭✭

Should ZOS lower the quest requirement to 2 sorcs? Might get it done in a half hour in that case.

As long as suicide counts as 1 kill xD
    Raid leader for Undead Nuns (DC-EU-KaalWhaterveritscallednowdays)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought we would have an easier time because they can't instantly use shields? :trollface:

Also I don't think an entire class will stop being played. Look at how the Templar "died" with Morrowind, or any other class has "died" before that.
    If these changes go live as they are, yeah people are going to be mad and some maybe even leave. However it won't kill the class so much people will refuse to ever play it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whats the difference to now?
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I thought we would have an easier time because they can't instantly use shields? :trollface:

Also I don't think an entire class will stop being played. Look at how the Templar "died" with Morrowind, or any other class has "died" before that.
    If these changes go live as they are, yeah people are going to be mad and some maybe even leave. However it won't kill the class so much people will refuse to ever play it.

Turelus I think you need to spend time pvping on a magicka sorc first. You have others classes that can survive and perform in the heavy armor meta...magicka sorcs cant without making a huge sacrifice. Sustain was not addressed, mobility was not addressed (lol at the snare passive in light armor).

I get ppl complained about shields, but the trick is timing burst and stuns around them. And sorcs built for sustain and "infinite" shield spam were not doing dmg. No different than a heavy armor permanent blocker...not doing dmg. The mindset from these kids pvping is they HAVE TO kill everyone and when they cant they call for nerfs.

OP occurs when you can pull off multiple roles without give and take. Like heavy stamblade. I play one of those as well.

As of today, my hard ward drops with any spammable + Light attack. Remember light attack dmg was buffed, shield strength was not...nor has it been patch after patch after players earn more CP (shattering blows star) and hit harder. Bad players struggle against sorcs, it is what it is.

Adding a cast timer to shields kills light armor magicka sorcs. It wouldn't be so bad if they had the top mobility and good players could use that for positioning...but that a not the case....swift jewelry, cheap skills like fwd momentum make it so any competent player has no trouble keeping up. It's not even fun to play, it a stressful, high maintenance, and overall lackluster in fluid movement and skill execution compared to my stamblade. That's a red flag in my opinion. I dont think bringing the class down so the bottom majority can kill them is the answer. Bad sorcs are easy to kill.

To top it off, having shields be crittable is just as bad. Even in wolf hunter it's hard to play in the meta without 14k stamina (easily achieved via shacklebreaker) due to the overwhelming snares and hard CCs available to everyone else. Ever fight a magnb 1v1? I won't even bring my sorc to duels anymore for that reason. It's not fun having no control over your character and in an environment where an avg player eats through your shields on a GCD. Good sorcs excel at killing bad players though, and that's not a good reason to nerf them.

I would like one person to come out and suggest a magicka sorc build for next update that is viable outside of zergsurfing....because hiding in a zerg is about all one can do.

I'm working on a build right now utilizing light armor and I consider myself a decent PvPer...one of the few open world sorcs left on PC NA. 5pc impreg(jewels and weps), blooddpawn, and either 5pc of the magicka bone pirate or shackle or the new 500spell dmg set. Can drop hard ward and harness and free up two slots to run rapid regen (vma resto on backbar), combat prayer (dmg increase), and heal ward, boundless storm and streak. All impreg trait. The crit resists will suffice but I think classes will chew right thru it, again lack of stamina and stam sustain.

But with any set on that setup other than the new spell dmg one, all spells will hit like a wet noodle....5k frags? How is this even close on par to my stamblade who runs 5impreg, troll king, 7th legion...can get to 4k wep dmg, 1400 or less stam regen and never has sustain issues and has stupid high survivability and mobility? It cant.

Magicka sorcs will be forced into getting credit resistance, either thru CP or impreg (which needs to be removed from game IMO or reworked to its CP value for a 5th piece...its too good). Mag sorcs dont have the innate dmg built in like NBs do. So while the setup might survive, it does nothing dmg wise.

Edited by Malamar1229 on September 19, 2018 4:30PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the one hand, probably fewer sorcs. On the other hand, they'll fall over pretty quick.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »

Whats the difference to now?

ZoS killed all the sorcs, we dont have any lest to kill lol
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt it will be a problem at all. Remember all the huff about Templars being put to pasture last spring, or DKs before them? I still have no problem completing those kill quests either. In any case, I think the death of Sorcs has been greatly exaggerated! ;)
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will use the heavy armor skill instead of hurricane, then no one will know I'm a sorc, and I will be safe.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raammzzaa wrote: »

I doubt it will be a problem at all. Remember all the huff about Templars being put to pasture last spring, or DKs before them? I still have no problem completing those kill quests either. In any case, I think the death of Sorcs has been greatly exaggerated! ;)

Templars have allways been the best healer
    DK have allways been the best tank

Sorcs are now 110% useless.

How is this anything the same?
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.