The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Twitch Drops Sept 20 - 27

tomtomhotep
tomtomhotep
✭✭
The news article about the twitch drops says "Starting on Thursday, September 20 at 10:00AM EDT, watch any ESO Stream on Twitch". Can someone explain to me what "any ESO Stream" means? I've only used Twitch once before, for the live stream on 9/14, and for that, they gave us a link: twitch.tv/bethesda.

This time there is no link, so, being completely new to twitch, I don't understand what to do without being given a specific link to go to. Can someone explain how to "watch any ESO Stream"?

Best Answers

• wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :(
    Edited by wishlist14 on September 22, 2018 2:07AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It simply means you just need to watch any Twitch streamer that is streaming ESO on their channel. If you click this link, it'll show you everyone currently streaming: https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/The Elder Scrolls Online

When are twitch drops going to be available for console?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It simply means you just need to watch any Twitch streamer that is streaming ESO on their channel. If you click this link, it'll show you everyone currently streaming: https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/The Elder Scrolls Online

@ZOS_GinaBruno Seriously, Gina....you and the ZOS team have been completely dormant about a response regarding console. How can you have no response? And what are you going to do to make it up for all the drops console doesn't get???
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long do you have to watch for?
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have this strange issue where I got mail notifications about getting drops but when I log into the game I have 0 crates...anyone experiencing anything similar?
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not getting any twitch drops since Thursday; I've been watching steams and even the Bethesda one yesterday - nuttin so far. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • jsarthur_ESO
    jsarthur_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    I'm not getting any twitch drops since Thursday; I've been watching steams and even the Bethesda one yesterday - nuttin so far. @ZOS_GinaBruno

None here either, linked account. Nothing.
  • Jounin13
    Jounin13
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to say the Twitch Drops are a lie but I can't say that now. I can say it's a broken game mechanic though. For the last 2 days my main account has watched for over 10 hours each day on an eso Twitch Stream Members stream along with actively chatting with people each day and got ZERO crate drops. Yet my alt I made yesterday got 1 crate after only watching for 1 hour.

Main
    Day 1 - 12-13 hours = ZERO
    Day 2 - 11 hours = ZERO

Alt
    Day 2 - 1 hour = ZERO
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got two from the weekend now. I'm not sure if one was from the live event or not... but at least they are functional for me once more.
  • Omnia
    Omnia
    ✭✭✭
    After almost 4 days I still have not received any drops. (Yes, acct is linked)

I know its just a chance, but the ESO live I watched I thought was a guarantee?
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Seriously, Gina....you and the ZOS team have been completely dormant about a response regarding console. How can you have no response? And what are you going to do to make it up for all the drops console doesn't get???

I have a feeling that console is going to get nothing from this
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Jounin13 wrote: »
    I'd like to say the Twitch Drops are a lie but I can't say that now. I can say it's a broken game mechanic though. For the last 2 days my main account has watched for over 10 hours each day on an eso Twitch Stream Members stream along with actively chatting with people each day and got ZERO crate drops. Yet my alt I made yesterday got 1 crate after only watching for 1 hour.

Main
    Day 2 - 11 hours = ZERO

Alt
    Day 2 - 1 hour = ZERO

To be clear, the chance of receiving a Drop is not affected by the length of time you watch. It's completely random, and for these Drops, there's only a chance of receiving one each day.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, the chance of receiving a Drop is not affected by the length of time you watch. It's completely random, and for these Drops, there's only a chance of receiving one each day.

That's odd.
    You motivate us to login while doing something then quit without taking care about stream actually. 10 minutes for watching stream is absolute nothing.

That doesnt' have sense from my viewpoint.

While we had multiple drops I used to watch and talk with streamers a lot. Since there's a 10 minutes period to play with random - there's no clue in behaving so. What do you motivate us for?
    Edited by Alex_Lex on September 24, 2018 4:05PM
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. I thought Bethesda ESO streams guaranteed a drop.
    2. As for motivation: Free Crown Gems is enough for me.
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the very bad bot Twitch and streamers actually.
    !0 minutes of watching doesn't stimulate to actually watch rather than just hold some time and go on doing stuff.
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the same, it seems rng is everywhere now
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jounin13 wrote: »

Main
    Day 2 - 11 hours = ZERO

Alt
    Day 2 - 1 hour = ZERO

right, its not the length of time, but whether you are lucky enough to log in during just the right 10 minutes when the drops happen. which effectively means - length of time watching.(or rather having it play in a background). and even then - chance of getting a crate seems to be very VERY low :/

as for why its demotivating?

one word.

BANDWIDTH.

twitch eats through bandwidth like crazy, even on lowered stream settings. so if a player spends a ton of their bandwith and STILL gets nothing out of it? its incredibly disheartening.

Edited by Linaleah on September 24, 2018 8:30PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I crossed the name because I don't want to call out any individual in particular on this especially during the learning curve. But you may want to establish one official message for users to copy and promote their channels with while streaming ESO. When everyone works off the same script there's just less room to cause confusion.

tQwUR4A.jpg

signing off
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relinked my accounts, still nothing :(
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight